IKEA MARKUS Office Chair in Dark Grey - £165 delivered @ Ikea

Posted 9th Mar 2021
The cheaper, cloth version of this chair has been out of stock for a while, but has finally become available again for home delivery. Probably not the cheapest it's ever been, but it's a chair which often seems to be recommended by people on recent chair related threads, here on HUKD.

ikea.com/gb/…52/
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Excellent chair, have the leather version myself.. Very comfortable.
    Thanks for this @ben.harris I've been waiting on a cabinet for what feels like 91823 years and its due back in this weekend.

Apparently they're restocking a lot of their office furniture/items so if anyone is after something in particular now is a good time to start checking in on what is available.
    nublets2k09/03/2021 23:52

How are the arms? Padding looks thin

I’ve had one of these chairs for years, I bought mine used from a charity shop about 8 years ago. To be honest I don’t think that I even use the arms ever when I sit in it. It’s a good chair but mine has developed a little bit of a rock in it from side to side but it has been well used. As an alternative you could also look at the Whalen chair that Costco have at the moment and which has been posted as a deal on here.
    FlyingLlama09/03/2021 23:47

Excellent chair, have the leather version myself.. Very comfortable.

nublets2k09/03/2021 23:52

Yeah you're right it is thin but I find them comfortable to rest on, don't feel hard or the metal under them.
    20th April is the avail
    Have the prices gone up much then? I remember commenting on this before elsewhere, I got the leather version for £100 at the time (got the Fredde workstation for £150 as well) but don't recall it being a special offer.

I've been homeworking 3 days a week since 2017, and obviously full time since March 2020, and it's held up well. (edited)
    I see markus doesnt have adjustable head rest and lumbar support. How tall are you ? I assume this chair may not be good for everyones height.
    Author
    waterlesspiano18/03/2021 22:00

I see markus doesnt have adjustable head rest and lumbar support. How tall …I see markus doesnt have adjustable head rest and lumbar support. How tall are you ? I assume this chair may not be good for everyones height.

I'm 6ft and relatively slim build. Hoping it'll be OK. Will find out next week!
    ben.harris18/03/2021 22:18

I'm 6ft and relatively slim build. Hoping it'll be OK. Will find out next …I'm 6ft and relatively slim build. Hoping it'll be OK. Will find out next week!

Yea let me know please, i am not sure what to get
's avatar
Top Merchants