Groups

ikea night lamp fuse fix

Hi
    This is my 3 night lamp from Ikea which fused so this time I really want to know if & how can I fix this?

These are the common yellow moon, pink star shaped lights. Can someone please help.

5 Comments

Original Poster

[img]m.ebay.co.uk/itm…546?var=&hash=item3ad21dc52a%3Am%3Amaq091NcoTXx5BsUduBVVeQ[/img]

Possibly slightly cheaper on Amazon like this
    amazon.co.uk/d/5…D3J
    But reading this link (bulb size)
    amazon.co.uk/Led…XJQ
    They are showing as 6.3 watts which is very low energy - you'd probably want 1amp fuse max

But what do you mean it's fused? explain more
    Edited by: "philphil61" 1st Dec 2016

We took two pink flower ones back last week and they gave us a voucher for the full amount as we had them over two years and I read an article that said they had been recalled in 2014. Thought it was worth a try and they never questioned it.

Cut of the plug and replace with a plug where you can replace fuse (noting what
    previous fuse rating was)

The suggested Ikea bulbs for these are fairly crap, I replaced them with 1watt LED bulbs from Amazon.

I suspect the issue is putting higher wattage normal filament bulbs in them, as the bulb sits very close to the plastic; the heat may melt it and the plastic bulb holder.

There is a maximum wattage warning of (I think) 35watts in the leaflet supplied, but who keeps all that paper junk??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…68
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047121
      3. word association Game73944494
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1417

See more discussions