Ikea Pax Wardrobe Builder - any good

Found 12th Nov 2012
Just "designed" a wardrobe for our new house using Ikea's PAX wardrobe builder.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

If you are interested the wardrobe we have created is three doors, with two clothes rails and 4 shelves - total £208.

18 Comments

Banned

oO

Original Poster

dimebars

oO

more money than sense?

The wife want's the wardrobe to match the chest of drawers!

Dont be shy lets see it

Original Poster

Not sure if that worked

Picture1

Picture2

Edited by: "lozfitz" 12th Nov 2012

I've spent ages trying to figure out all the possible Pax combinations for my kids' rooms so I'll be interested to hear people's experiences with this too.

I've found them to be good. The best 'cheap' wardrobes I've seen

I've got a similar PAX, two rails and shelves. Its certainly solid and holds all the weight.

I have sliding glass doors, which cost a bit but look very good. A bit fiddly to assemble as well.

wileycat

I've got a similar PAX, two rails and shelves. Its certainly solid and … I've got a similar PAX, two rails and shelves. Its certainly solid and holds all the weight. I have sliding glass doors, which cost a bit but look very good. A bit fiddly to assemble as well.

I have these doors

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/images/products/pax-lyngdal-pair-of-sliding-doors__36718_PE127975_S4.jpg

They're ridiculously fiddly to put together. Look pretty good though.

sancho1983

I have these doorsThey're ridiculously fiddly to put together. Look … I have these doorsThey're ridiculously fiddly to put together. Look pretty good though.

we got a couple of those ones but with the white doors there not to bad to put together but wasnt to impressed with the build quality much the same as you could get from b&q but much higher price.
couldnt belive for something in this price range they would use plastic screw fixings rather than the metal ones most other companys use

Original Poster

sancho1983

I have these doorsThey're ridiculously fiddly to put together. Look … I have these doorsThey're ridiculously fiddly to put together. Look pretty good though.

They do look nice, but probably too expensive for now. Am I right in thinking that I could buy them at a later date and replace the standard ones?

we tired PAX and sat with someone in ikea, only for them to be totally bemused by the fact we had 2 alcoves that we wanted to fill with wardrobe space and simply put clothes rails in them with four doors on the front.

we ended up going to B&Q when they had a 20&% off everything weekend. Sat with the bloke there who explained that it would be easy & we could do it ourselves with their kit. Not being into DIY i paid them to do it, and got a a decent amount of wardrobe for around £800 fitted. To do it ourselves it would have been around £400.

have a look at them aswell......

Original Poster

lanc_red

we tired PAX and sat with someone in ikea, only for them to be totally … we tired PAX and sat with someone in ikea, only for them to be totally bemused by the fact we had 2 alcoves that we wanted to fill with wardrobe space and simply put clothes rails in them with four doors on the front. we ended up going to B&Q when they had a 20&% off everything weekend. Sat with the bloke there who explained that it would be easy & we could do it ourselves with their kit. Not being into DIY i paid them to do it, and got a a decent amount of wardrobe for around £800 fitted. To do it ourselves it would have been around £400. have a look at them aswell......

Thank you, will have a look but might be difficult to match the IKEA chest of drawers.

We used the wardrobe builder, bought the bits and assembled them last weekend. We are very pleased with them

Original Poster

caz1cool

We used the wardrobe builder, bought the bits and assembled them last … We used the wardrobe builder, bought the bits and assembled them last weekend. We are very pleased with them

Out of interest are the screw fittings made of plastic?? (as mentioned by Critster?)

Ok just to correct myself on the wardrobe units the fixings are metal it's the individual draw units that have the plastic screw fixings for some reason

I had the smoke glass single panel doors on a black shell, they were the expensive ones, its worth looking through at sale time as they have PAX parts in there very cheap, ie glass doors £25 sometimes.

sancho1983

Original Poster

wileycat

I had the smoke glass single panel doors on a black shell, they were the … I had the smoke glass single panel doors on a black shell, they were the expensive ones, its worth looking through at sale time as they have PAX parts in there very cheap, ie glass doors £25 sometimes.

Will have a look, thank you

yep good stuff
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions