VUKU Wardrobe, white 74 x 51 x 149 cm online and instore for £10 at Ikea

Posted 5th Jul 2020
Bit of a bargain if you ask me!...

ikea.com/gb/…73/

Online and instore

Clothes storage inspired by camping
You’d expect the occupants of a tent might wake to the sound of bird song and perhaps the scent of pine. But the occupants of this particular “tent” will likely see a bedroom when the door un-zips. That’s because this is really a solitary wardrobe and the occupants are trousers and shirts. It’s VUKU, a low price, high quality wardrobe that’s inspired by smart design for campers.

The product development team wrestled with the challenge of offering a quality solitary wardrobe at an affordable price. Every prototype left them unhappy because it compromised on one thing or another. “We could’ve created an affordable clothes rail with some storage below, but to really be true to what customers are looking for we needed to make a completely enclosed and dust-free clothes storage solution,” says product developer Mark D’Souza. “And, for me, the most important part was to make a product that was quality, too.” They started over. That’s when a new idea struck. “A wardrobe is just enclosed space,” says Mark. “And what does that well?” Tents.
Community Updates
7 Comments
Like cocoons
I have two of these up in my attic. Use to store my winter clothes or those that you only wear once a year ie costumes clothes.
Super.Noob05/07/2020 22:58

I have two of these up in my attic. Use to store my winter clothes or …I have two of these up in my attic. Use to store my winter clothes or those that you only wear once a year ie costumes clothes.

I was literally going to ask what the point was.... but that's a fair usage.
hsk197905/07/2020 23:12

I was literally going to ask what the point was.... but that's a fair …I was literally going to ask what the point was.... but that's a fair usage.

Haha me too! Makes sense.
Good deal, most of the ones you get aren't much good, we had one in the attic and it disintigrated in a year! these look much better quality.
Made from polypropylene, plastic
Good value, I have one for camping, but normal price I think?
Post a comment
@
    Text