Illegal To Cut Off Water Supply

Banned 11 replies
Found 26th Jul 2007
Some Time Ago I Read That It Is Illegal For The Water Co. To Disconnect Water Supply To A Household.
As Water Is Deemed As Neccesaty Of Life.

Is It True? Anyone Have Reference To The Relevant Legislation?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
12 Comments

Sloth/Mod

It's also illegal not to pay the bill so they cancel each other out.

You're not planning to sue Severn Trent Water becuase they're disconnected your water supply because of the possability it could be contaminated with flood water are you?

Who would suffer more?

The water company comes out, Disconnects the water.

Your stuck having to pay out for bottled water...........Who wins?

Banned

Iom-RF

Who would suffer more?The water company comes out, Disconnects the … Who would suffer more?The water company comes out, Disconnects the water.Your stuck having to pay out for bottled water...........Who wins?

the guy selling the bottled water 'peckham spring'

hothothot

I remember that one!, Classic!!!!! :giggle:

Sloth/Mod

If you were on about being cut off because you are in the affected flood region then they have to cut off the water supply if there is any risk of contamination to the general public.

Well if thats the case (Because of the floods) its for your own good, Unless you want nasty diseases etc.

They have no choice but to cut off the water.

nasty? understatement....

Everytime I go on a waste/water treatment site i have to have an induction, here's just info on one of the diseises:

hpa.org.uk/inf…htm

And trust me, pictures of the infected are worse

How Annoying Is Typing Like This?

Peckham Spring Haha.

I Assume It Would Be Illegal For Them To Disconnect Your Water Supply If You Are Still Living In The Accommodation.

Original Poster Banned

ok everyone.......

rang ofwat-

the law applies to residential properties occupied. only

so if uare behind with your payments then dont worry u will still be receiving water!

hothothot

That episode cracked me up. Sooooooooo funny.:p

ROKO

ok everyone.......rang ofwat-the law applies to residential properties … ok everyone.......rang ofwat-the law applies to residential properties occupied. onlyso if uare behind with your payments then dont worry u will still be receiving water!

But I believe they restrict the flow of water to your house to a trickle...:p
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hi all does anyone have an idea for n what a good price for a sun room / ex…11
    2. Consumer Rights - Wrong Description of Fridge22
    3. Headphones for Ps4?11
    4. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?1019

See more discussions