illegitimate advertising on this website from JPS gadgets.

Found 10th Dec 2017Edited by:"connorb13"
jpsgadgets.co.uk/ind…185

Never ordered from these guys before.. no paypal option.. no reviews..

Link was found from "idealo" after searching nintendo switch in the search bar.
Community Updates
Ask
43 Comments
I suspect you already know the answer to the question.
Quite clearly a scam!

Found within the returns gunk........
'Item(s) are purchased from our web site (www.whsauction.co.uk)'. < the company is being dissolved.

I'm sure a fellow member can show the website set up date etc etc
INDUSTRYHATER2 m ago

Quite clearly a scam!Found within the returns gunk........ 'Item(s) are …Quite clearly a scam!Found within the returns gunk........ 'Item(s) are purchased from our web site (www.whsauction.co.uk)'. < the company is being dissolved.I'm sure a fellow member can show the website set up date etc etc

ahh cheers, just got my hopes up a little. ill try and delete it.
INDUSTRYHATER3 m ago

Quite clearly a scam!Found within the returns gunk........ 'Item(s) are …Quite clearly a scam!Found within the returns gunk........ 'Item(s) are purchased from our web site (www.whsauction.co.uk)'. < the company is being dissolved.I'm sure a fellow member can show the website set up date etc etc

it was an advertisement on this website which caught me out.
Relevant dates:
Registered on: 24-Nov-2017
Expiry date: 24-Nov-2019
Last updated: 24-Nov-2017

Registrant's address:
40 Kinson Avenue
Poole
Dorset
BH15 3PH
United Kingdom
murtgurge3 m ago

Relevant dates:Registered on: 24-Nov-2017Expiry date: 24-Nov-2019Last …Relevant dates:Registered on: 24-Nov-2017Expiry date: 24-Nov-2019Last updated: 24-Nov-2017Registrant's address:40 Kinson AvenuePooleDorsetBH15 3PHUnited Kingdom

Weirdly they have an established eBay business with those details, large feedback, but this situation seems off.
Richard_Richard3 m ago

Weirdly they have an established eBay business with those details, large …Weirdly they have an established eBay business with those details, large feedback, but this situation seems off.

It's so off. But it's also scary how professional it is.
whsauction.co.uk is down atm but looking at a cached version the layout etc is exactly the same so you might think it's the same company just changed domains but whsauction.co.uk is registered to a company in glasgow, and was also only set up last month
connorb133 m ago

It's so off. But it's also scary how professional it is.

Is it someone stealing legit credentials or has the eBay business owner gone rogue? Quick someone make a purchase and let us know how you get on... On second thoughts, maybe not...
I guess it's possible they are just finding companies who don't already have websites and using their details to try and get some quick scams but I really couldn't tell if this is legit or not so I won't comment, probably wouldn't buy personally anyway cause it seems fishy
Richard_Richard3 m ago

Is it someone stealing legit credentials or has the eBay business owner …Is it someone stealing legit credentials or has the eBay business owner gone rogue? Quick someone make a purchase and let us know how you get on... On second thoughts, maybe not...

Could of gone full rouge and posted this in the "deal" section. inmagine the backlash.
I emailed the guys email from JPS Gadgets ebay page so if it is fake he has the best chance of getting it shut down fast
murtgurge1 m ago

I emailed the guys email from JPS Gadgets ebay page so if it is fake he …I emailed the guys email from JPS Gadgets ebay page so if it is fake he has the best chance of getting it shut down fast

Let us know what they respond with :')
connorb133 m ago

Could of gone full rouge and posted this in the "deal" section. inmagine …Could of gone full rouge and posted this in the "deal" section. inmagine the backlash.

Banhammer would've been incoming...

Scary stuff if some other party sets up a fake page with your details, wouldn't take much searching to link the original ebay user. If that's what happened anyway.
Hi
Thank you very much for your email and information. It is definitely a fake some one is using my company registration and VAT no. Phone no is not mine. If you can help me how to report this will be great.
Thanks
Roy Joseph

I have sent him info on how to report it to the host and domain registrar and some email templates to send them to hopefully get it shut down.
I followed a link from this site last night and placed an order. Got suspicious when I had an email this morning saying that they were having problems with credit card payments currently, and could I transfer money to a bank account. Offer was on an Xbox one. Was good, but not completly silly, about same as best Black Friday deals. Website etc all looked good. Only other odd thing was the emails from them go to my junk folder, but that sometimes happens legitimately. Might give my credit card company a call and see if they think that I need to get my card changed.
iaindcam32 m ago

I followed a link from this site last night and placed an order. Got …I followed a link from this site last night and placed an order. Got suspicious when I had an email this morning saying that they were having problems with credit card payments currently, and could I transfer money to a bank account. Offer was on an Xbox one. Was good, but not completly silly, about same as best Black Friday deals. Website etc all looked good. Only other odd thing was the emails from them go to my junk folder, but that sometimes happens legitimately. Might give my credit card company a call and see if they think that I need to get my card changed.

Wow, just wow. The thing is some people are silly enough to do just that, I can see a few ruined Christmas mornings coming after mum/dad bank transfers some cash to that scumbag running the site, and leaves them with zero chance of seeing a refund.

Happens every year.
Don't use, it's a credit card scam. I tried to purchase something and now have lots of unknown deductions on my credit card.
iaindcam3 h, 52 m ago

I followed a link from this site last night and placed an order. Got …I followed a link from this site last night and placed an order. Got suspicious when I had an email this morning saying that they were having problems with credit card payments currently, and could I transfer money to a bank account. Offer was on an Xbox one. Was good, but not completly silly, about same as best Black Friday deals. Website etc all looked good. Only other odd thing was the emails from them go to my junk folder, but that sometimes happens legitimately. Might give my credit card company a call and see if they think that I need to get my card changed.

Make sure you call your card company, luckily I was suspicious as well and kept checking. Spotted a few itunes account items when I don't have an itunes account and some payments to a US hosting company.
matt_shields1 h, 19 m ago

Don't use, it's a credit card scam. I tried to purchase something and now …Don't use, it's a credit card scam. I tried to purchase something and now have lots of unknown deductions on my credit card.

Thanks. Have spoken to card company and as yet they haven’t tried to take money, including when I placed the order. Card cancelled now. Hope they don’t ruin anybody’s Christmas
Yeh as Matt has said it's a credit card scam. I played around with it a little bit and their payment method is 'offline credit card' so essentially it's set up for them to record your details and then .. if they were legitimate (which they aren't) they'd charge your card manually but instead they are obviously just collecting cc info to scam people.

The real JPS Gadgets guy has emailed the host and the domain registrar, so hopefully the site will be down asap. He said he has also reported it to cyber crime too.

I noticed they used chatra.io for their live chat and I managed to talk them into releasing the registration email they used but sadly it was sales@jpsgadgets.co.uk so no lead there as to who is actually behind it.

The real JPS said the phone number on the site isn't theirs, (44 1202 031202) it is a bournemouth area code but I imagine it just fake and the real people behind the site are probably not even in England

edit: managed to get them to click a link to my site by talking to them on their live chat, got the IP from my server logs but they are using a VPN
Edited by: "murtgurge" 11th Dec 2017
Hi, this advert is still on hotukdeals and my wife has ordered something and got an email saying it has been shipped.
do you think she should change the card she used to fill the details online with, also why hasn’t the advert been removed
murtgurge16 h, 20 m ago

Yeh as Matt has said it's a credit card scam. I played around with it a …Yeh as Matt has said it's a credit card scam. I played around with it a little bit and their payment method is 'offline credit card' so essentially it's set up for them to record your details and then .. if they were legitimate (which they aren't) they'd charge your card manually but instead they are obviously just collecting cc info to scam people.The real JPS Gadgets guy has emailed the host and the domain registrar, so hopefully the site will be down asap. He said he has also reported it to cyber crime too.I noticed they used chatra.io for their live chat and I managed to talk them into releasing the registration email they used but sadly it was sales@jpsgadgets.co.uk so no lead there as to who is actually behind it. The real JPS said the phone number on the site isn't theirs, (44 1202 031202) it is a bournemouth area code but I imagine it just fake and the real people behind the site are probably not even in Englandedit: managed to get them to click a link to my site by talking to them on their live chat, got the IP from my server logs but they are using a VPN

I reported it to Cyber Crime as well, I also have the bank account details they asked me to transfer the money to initially so hopefully they can use that to trace them. I was trying to report it to idealo where I saw the advert and where it is still top of the price comparisons for the Xbox but I can't find any sort of site submission for that.
zziplexi10 h, 29 m ago

Hi, this advert is still on hotukdeals and my wife has ordered something …Hi, this advert is still on hotukdeals and my wife has ordered something and got an email saying it has been shipped.do you think she should change the card she used to fill the details online with, also why hasn’t the advert been removed

Definitely put a block on the card or at a minimum monitor it daily. I did that and luckily started to see a number of smallish, under £20, payments out to iTunes which I don't use so I contacted my card company. It's the normal pattern of putting lots of small value payments through and hope no one notices, if you catch them early or better still block it then not too much harm done.
I ordered from these as well, my order was showing as pending, so I emailed them asking them was there a problem?
I received the same response as ianandcam did.Thought this was a bit suspicious so googled jps gadgets reviews and ended up here.
I have contacted my bank and no unauthorised transactions had occurred, but I decided to cancel my card for peace of mind
Steve
Edited by: "crocdefender" 14th Dec 2017
i ordered off this site on the 6th of December I've received a shipped email and still not got a tracking number now I've called them and emailed them multiple times and have only come across this now. can anyone help me?
@magicjay1986

Does HotUKDeals have a standpoint on this?

I understand that idealo is a separate entity to HotUKDeals, but users of this site should be confident that clicking through any link from this site, especially from sponsored third party links, that they will be directed to a legitimate website.
I have also purchased from here my bank unfortunately won't refund me due to bank transfer so £209.00 worse off is there any other route I can go down to try and get my money back
Hey guys. Currently reviewing this. I'll respond in this thread again with a proper response shortly.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 15th Dec 2017
Just jumping in - Idealo provides the comparison widget which displays on hotukdeals; they manage and make their own checks on the merchants that appear on the toolbar and we don’t have any involvement in populating it.
They’ve worked closely with our sister site in Germany for several years and have the same standards as MyDealz and hotukdeals when it comes to vetting merchants; unfortunately there will sometimes be “unusual” cases like this that slip through the net after passing earlier checks.

As with all stores, it’s important everyone is vigilant when it comes to making a purchase, using paypal / credit card wherever possible and reporting anything that seems unusual. If you see anything unusual popping up on the Idealo widget, it’s worthwhile notifying Idealo directly or contacting us via the contact form

On this instance, of course we’ve notified Idealo and will work closer with them over the next few months to get more transparency on their vetting procedure
Get trading standards involved
magicjay198643 m ago

Hey guys. Currently reviewing this. I'll respond in this thread again with …Hey guys. Currently reviewing this. I'll respond in this thread again with a proper response shortly.

Thankyou, it's nice to see us little guys get listened to
I ordered a Nintendo Switch and paid with Visa debit card about a week ago. It hasn't been shipped and I haven't been able to get replies from live chat or email.

Is there any way I can get my money back?

Also, should I change the card?

Please note that I'm not from the UK, I'm from Italy.

Edit: I found the deal on Ideali, and I thought the store was trustworthy both because of that and because they sell on eBay and Amazon too.
Edited by: "Daniele_Logli" 15th Dec 2017
magicjay19865 h, 6 m ago

Hey guys. Currently reviewing this. I'll respond in this thread again with …Hey guys. Currently reviewing this. I'll respond in this thread again with a proper response shortly.

🏽
I was wary of this company so online chatted with the the so called company. They told me to check amazon and eBay to verify they were legit. I did and went ahead with sale then got the email about transferring money as bank merchant wasn’t working. I didn’t cancelled order and I have cancelled my card but please don’t use these most definitely a scam
From Michael Herron apparently the company director
32794844-mSEPd.jpg
Daniele_Logli15th Dec

I ordered a Nintendo Switch and paid with Visa debit card about a week …I ordered a Nintendo Switch and paid with Visa debit card about a week ago. It hasn't been shipped and I haven't been able to get replies from live chat or email.Is there any way I can get my money back?Also, should I change the card?Please note that I'm not from the UK, I'm from Italy.Edit: I found the deal on Ideali, and I thought the store was trustworthy both because of that and because they sell on eBay and Amazon too.

If you’ve paid by visa debit and not bank transfer you should be covered by your bank but I would definitely cancel your card to be on the safe side in case they try and use your details in future.
I was scammed, sent a transfer and never received goods. Their dumb ropey website should have been a giveaway but was not (I'm an idiot). I'm now down £200 thanks to this. They will email you after ordering to tell you their payment system is broken and ask for a transfer.
Hi Guys I have just seen this review about JPS gadgets. I can confirm that JPS gadget website is a scam do not buy any item from this site. some idiot has using my business details and created a professional website to attract people and selling items in very low price. I have reported to the cyber crime and ref. no is NFRC171202127781. If any one loose the money please ring on 03001232040 and report it. if more people report it the police act quickly and remove the site. JPS gadgets in ebay and Amazon are genuine and it is money guaranteed by payapl protection and amazon.

Managing director
JPS Gadgets
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants