I'm (3 days early) READY!!!

Posted 20th Jun
3489934-tzGHa.jpg3489934-jneIt.jpg
My copy of SpongeBob SquarePants Battle For Bikini Bottom Rehydrated arrived 3 days early (from The Game Collection) - super excited to play this later! Did anyone else get lucky?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I don’t think anyone else bought it mate

Only messing, enjoy
35 Comments
I don’t think anyone else bought it mate

Only messing, enjoy
Kratos6920/06/2020 12:09

I don’t think anyone else bought it mate Only messing, enjoy

Haha cheers mate. Will do! Was planning to try and complete the original GameCube version first but I kinda delayed myself doing that and now the temptation is there to play the Rehydrated version early
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 20th Jun
andrewworrall120/06/2020 12:10

Haha cheers mate. Will do! Was planning to try and complete the original …Haha cheers mate. Will do! Was planning to try and complete the original GameCube version first but I kinda delayed myself doing that and now the temptation is there to play the Rehydrated version early

Haha nice! I’ve recently got right back into gaming with the lockdown, have been debating a switch for a while, mainly to relive childhood memories and play the likes of Zelda and mario cart!
Kratos6920/06/2020 12:14

Haha nice! I’ve recently got right back into gaming with the lockdown, h …Haha nice! I’ve recently got right back into gaming with the lockdown, have been debating a switch for a while, mainly to relive childhood memories and play the likes of Zelda and mario cart!

Nice. If you get Mario Kart and wanna play online feel free to PM me
Wow great! I plan to pick this up, waiting for a good deal.
jamie1520/06/2020 13:12

Wow great! I plan to pick this up, waiting for a good deal.

20.60 I paid which I was pretty happy with. Think it's about 25 now? Hopefully you'll get a good deal soon
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 20th Jun
Kratos6920/06/2020 12:14

Haha nice! I’ve recently got right back into gaming with the lockdown, h …Haha nice! I’ve recently got right back into gaming with the lockdown, have been debating a switch for a while, mainly to relive childhood memories and play the likes of Zelda and mario cart!

Child hood memories. Scratcher
One of the best games I've ever played along with Crash Bandicoot Warped, Pacman, Pheonix, Croc and Spyro
andrewworrall120/06/2020 13:13

20.60 I paid which I was pretty happy with. Think it's about 25 now? …20.60 I paid which I was pretty happy with. Think it's about 25 now? Hopefully you'll get a good deal soon

You mean you didn't want to buy the £260 F.U.N Edition?
41159611-x4AHC.jpg
Haircut_10020/06/2020 17:07

You mean you didn't want to buy the £260 F.U.N Edition?[Image]

They do say a Dollar well earned is a Dollar well spent but nope, that would be breaking the bank a bit
andrewworrall120/06/2020 17:08

They do say a Dollar well earned is a Dollar well spent but nope, that …They do say a Dollar well earned is a Dollar well spent but nope, that would be breaking the bank a bit

That's the kind of thing that I'm hoping will oend up n sale at some point, I'd definitely buy it for the figures but not at £260.
Haircut_10020/06/2020 17:10

That's the kind of thing that I'm hoping will oend up n sale at some …That's the kind of thing that I'm hoping will oend up n sale at some point, I'd definitely buy it for the figures but not at £260.

If it does have a reasonably priced sale I will probably buy it for the figures and socks, even though I already own the game
You lucky... how I envy you right now haha hope it’s awesome, can’t wait for my copy from SimplyGames PS4 £23 to arrive a day early as their usual mantra.
MrMaccieKFC20/06/2020 23:51

You lucky... how I envy you right now haha hope it’s awesome, c …You lucky... how I envy you right now haha hope it’s awesome, can’t wait for my copy from SimplyGames PS4 £23 to arrive a day early as their usual mantra.

Hopefully it'll arrive a day early

It really is awesome and I won't spoil anything for you other than it's a fantastic game!
andrewworrall121/06/2020 01:37

Hopefully it'll arrive a day early It really is awesome and I won't …Hopefully it'll arrive a day early It really is awesome and I won't spoil anything for you other than it's a fantastic game!

Yep I’ve been avoiding spoilers and trailers. I did see the trophy list and it didn’t spoil anything because I have no idea what they’re about until I play for myself in a few days. Tbf a lot easier to avoid spoilers than the trash heap Part II
MrMaccieKFC21/06/2020 11:20

Yep I’ve been avoiding spoilers and trailers. I did see the trophy list a …Yep I’ve been avoiding spoilers and trailers. I did see the trophy list and it didn’t spoil anything because I have no idea what they’re about until I play for myself in a few days. Tbf a lot easier to avoid spoilers than the trash heap Part II

Haha yeah exactly.

Also this isn't really a spoiler so I'll tell you, the product warranty is quite generous. They'll replace the cartridge '"free of charge" within a year from purchase as long as you pay them £8! Have they even looked up the definition of "free?"
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 21st Jun
andrewworrall121/06/2020 11:24

Haha yeah exactly.Also this isn't really a spoiler so I'll tell you, the …Haha yeah exactly.Also this isn't really a spoiler so I'll tell you, the product warranty is quite generous. They'll replace the cartridge '"free of charge" within a year from purchase as long as you pay them £8! Have they even looked up the definition of "free?"

Nintendo doing what they do best.

I could post a whole list of things wrong with them here, but then that would get the Nintendo diehard fanbase on here riled up desperately wishing I was banned for dropping truths
Any glitches or bugs so far in your playthrough?
MrMaccieKFC21/06/2020 11:29

Nintendo doing what they do best.I could post a whole list of … Nintendo doing what they do best.I could post a whole list of things wrong with them here, but then that would get the Nintendo diehard fanbase on here riled up desperately wishing I was banned for dropping truths

It's THQ's own warranty actually but I just found it hilarious. Yes £8 for a replacement is cheap but it isn't free
MrMaccieKFC21/06/2020 11:31

Any glitches or bugs so far in your playthrough?

There's one but I'll PM you so I don't spoil it for others
andrewworrall121/06/2020 11:32

It's THQ's own warranty actually but I just found it hilarious. Yes £8 for …It's THQ's own warranty actually but I just found it hilarious. Yes £8 for a replacement is cheap but it isn't free

I’m surprised THQ would offer that and Nintendo would allow it, I guess THQ are manufacturing the cartridges? Or THQ request Nintendo manufacturing the new cartridges, Nintendo charge them a set amount and THQ pass it on to the consumer along with postage costs? Bad of THQ to state “free of charge” (they can actually be sued easily for such claims if it’s available in America), especially in the bad state money-wise the company was in just a few years ago and receiving funding for Rehydrated and other games.
MrMaccieKFC21/06/2020 11:39

I’m surprised THQ would offer that and Nintendo would allow it, I guess T …I’m surprised THQ would offer that and Nintendo would allow it, I guess THQ are manufacturing the cartridges? Or THQ request Nintendo manufacturing the new cartridges, Nintendo charge them a set amount and THQ pass it on to the consumer along with postage costs? Bad of THQ to state “free of charge” (they can actually be sued easily for such claims if it’s available in America), especially in the bad state money-wise the company was in just a few years ago and receiving funding for Rehydrated and other games.

41165653-ka26c.jpg
It's printed inside on the actual case
andrewworrall121/06/2020 11:49

[Image] It's printed inside on the actual case

“cover postage and handling fees” . However I’m sure there’s a way to scam THQ out of cheap cartridges for the game to sell on eBay, but it would really only be worthwhile if they had games that were priced at full price. Seeing this game sell for £20-25 and paying £8 for their “warranty”, then selling it on eBay etc “cartridge only” there would only be a ~£10 profit margin after fees
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 21st Jun
MrMaccieKFC21/06/2020 11:59

“cover postage and handling fees” . However I’m sure there’s a way t …“cover postage and handling fees” . However I’m sure there’s a way to scam THQ out of cheap cartridges for the game to sell on eBay, but it would really only be worthwhile if they had games that were priced at full price. Seeing this game sell for £20-25 and paying £8 for their “warranty”, then selling it on eBay etc “cartridge only” there would only be a ~£10 profit margin after fees

You have to send the old cartridge back, may be difficult.
SimplyGames dispatched today Royal Mail First Class, was hoping they were going to dispatch yesterday so I would receive it today, oh well...
MrMaccieKFC22/06/2020 17:29

SimplyGames dispatched today Royal Mail First Class, was hoping they were …SimplyGames dispatched today Royal Mail First Class, was hoping they were going to dispatch yesterday so I would receive it today, oh well...

Ah annoying! Not long now though

41178075-ctWUk.jpg
Reviews are out and it’s exactly what you told me @andrewworrall1 via PM, long story short the general gist of it is a 1-to-1 remaster that has ‘kept any glitches and bugginess of gameplay intact, but also kept the best parts of the original game’. Personally as a SpongeBob diehard fan who didn’t have a PS2 back then to play this game I am looking forward to tomorrow and the next few weeks playing through this now I know what to expect, and seeing the original released in 2003 apparently it’s kept the best references of the first few seasons of SpongeBob
MrMaccieKFC22/06/2020 17:33

Reviews are out and it’s exactly what you told me @andrewworrall1 via PM, l …Reviews are out and it’s exactly what you told me @andrewworrall1 via PM, long story short the general gist of it is a 1-to-1 remaster that has ‘kept any glitches and bugginess of gameplay intact, but also kept the best parts of the original game’. Personally as a SpongeBob diehard fan who didn’t have a PS2 back then to play this game I am looking forward to tomorrow and the next few weeks playing through this now I know what to expect, and seeing the original released in 2003 apparently it’s kept the best references of the first few seasons of SpongeBob

Yes! I didn't even bother continuing the GameCube version when the Switch version arrived because I just got so excited about getting it early
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 22nd Jun
andrewworrall122/06/2020 17:34

Yes! I didn't even bother continuing the GameCube version when the Switch …Yes! I didn't even bother continuing the GameCube version when the Switch version arrived because I just got so excited about getting it early

64 Metacritic but after reading the reviews in detail and the general gist I don’t care about them, I need my SpongeBob gaming fix.

P.S - Gamespot rated the game a 2/10
MrMaccieKFC22/06/2020 17:39

64 Metacritic but after reading the reviews in detail and the general gist …64 Metacritic but after reading the reviews in detail and the general gist I don’t care about them, I need my SpongeBob gaming fix.P.S - Gamespot rated the game a 2/10

2/10? It isn't even a bad game, and that's with what I mentioned via PM!
I watched a walkthrough earlier and can honestly say that it saved me £20+.
Not really my style of game, although like a bit of Spongebob and good having the theme song playing.

Definitely console rather than PC style.
If anyone has an xbox you can get it for about £9 from the Brazil store
Any SpongeBob themes on the PlayStation Store from THQ? It’s not that I don’t love the epic Mako Reactor 1 Final Fantasy VII Remake theme with the Battle Theme music, it’s just that I like to apply themes that link to what I am playing at the same time.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 22nd Jun
MrMaccieKFC22/06/2020 19:53

Any SpongeBob themes on the PlayStation Store from THQ? It’s not that I d …Any SpongeBob themes on the PlayStation Store from THQ? It’s not that I don’t love the epic Mako Reactor 1 Final Fantasy VII Remake theme with the Battle Theme music, it’s just that I like to apply themes that link to what I am playing at the same time.

I wish the Nintendo Switch had more themes than the basic black theme and white theme. Would be good if game developers could release their own themes

Also - I haven't tried the online mode yet. I wonder if I had tried from the 20th of June 2020 (3 days early) people would be online?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 22nd Jun
andrewworrall122/06/2020 20:06

I wish the Nintendo Switch had more themes than the basic black theme and …I wish the Nintendo Switch had more themes than the basic black theme and white theme. Would be good if game developers could release their own themesAlso - I haven't tried the online mode yet. I wonder if I had tried from the 20th of June 2020 (3 days early) people would be online?

Usually on PlayStation the online servers in games are not active until official release dates or schedules from the developers.
Post a comment
@
    Text