I'm 300 avios short....

Posted 9th Jun 2020
Hi all,
Trying to book a reward flight with BA and I'm 300 points short of what I need.... 300!!!
I can wait til the end of the month and my credit card points will be added to cover it but I don't want to risk waiting.

Anyone have any ideas of how to get a couple of hundred avios points quickly? I've got ~50,000 so it feels so small to only need 300.

PS I don't want to buy avios (1,000 for £30-40 isn't good value at all).

Thank you!!
Community Updates
14 Comments
I don’t think there are any instant ways unfortunately. Most of my retail purchases through the app take until at least the returns period for the item expires. I think your only chance is buying them.
Kratos6909/06/2020 14:17

I don’t think there are any instant ways unfortunately. Most of my retail p …I don’t think there are any instant ways unfortunately. Most of my retail purchases through the app take until at least the returns period for the item expires. I think your only chance is buying them.

Theres a website that gives points for surveys (wouldn't normally go to the hassle but might be worth it?)
DealHunted198809/06/2020 14:21

Theres a website that gives points for surveys (wouldn't normally go to …Theres a website that gives points for surveys (wouldn't normally go to the hassle but might be worth it?)

I’ve no idea, never seen those to be honest, share the link though I’ll give it a go
Surveys that reward points in my experience only release these at intervals throughout the year and won't be available immediately.
Kratos6909/06/2020 14:32

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/rewardsforthoughts.co.uk the reviews …https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/rewardsforthoughts.co.uk the reviews unfortunately don’t sound too promising

Thanks! I think peoples main complaint is that it takes forever to earn 50 points via surveys (i.e. you might need to spend 45mins on a survey to earn 50 points) however - I signed up, it says I get 600 points free and it'll be transferred into my BA account in the next 1-3 days. If that works then I'm really pleased, only took me a minute to sign up.
zworld09/06/2020 15:02

https://www.headforpoints.com/2014/04/15/how-to-transfer-avios-to-someone-else-free/

That's really helpful too - fancy selling me some Avios
DealHunted198809/06/2020 15:10

Thanks! I think peoples main complaint is that it takes forever to earn 50 …Thanks! I think peoples main complaint is that it takes forever to earn 50 points via surveys (i.e. you might need to spend 45mins on a survey to earn 50 points) however - I signed up, it says I get 600 points free and it'll be transferred into my BA account in the next 1-3 days. If that works then I'm really pleased, only took me a minute to sign up.

Report back if it does mate
mytrainticket.co.uk also gives miles with bookings.

Edited by: "zworld" 9th Jun
Pretty sure you can just buy avios points straight up I did that but that’s when they had their own website and wasn’t inside BA
Edited by: "KeyboardKitten" 9th Jun
Thought Shell stopped doing Avios a year ago when they changed to their own internal scheme?
The Tesco vouchers, if you have some, take a few days or less. Usually 1 or 2 I believe, but not sure with the present Corona situation.

Either you have to pay something like £30 for 1000 Avios or get someone to perhaps gift you some?
You could always pay slightly more in cash and use less Avios, but depending on the ticket type, £30 might be cheaper.
Surveys might work, but no guarantee how long they will take to transfer.
American Express points, hotel points etc.? As with everything else, not sure of the timeframe as some things are slow.
Not quite 3 working days..... 5 working days and the points have been deposited (600 for joining, 50 for a survey I did).
Not a bad way of adding a few points on, particularly the 600 for joining!

The 50 for doing the survey? Well the survey took about 15 minutes so is it really worth it? I guess only the person filling it in can answer that!
Post a comment
@
    Text