Groups

Im a student...

am i entitled to a free eye test? Just booked one, and was wondering what i would need to take to prove i am entitled. Im over 18

addy

16 Comments

Eye tests are free to everyone (well they are here in Scoltand anyway). You wont need anything with you. Phone them and ask and they will tell you.

You need a excemption certificate. You can pick it up from your local post office. You also get free medicines with this

not free in england.....

u defo get a 30quid voucher from nhs towards glasses or lenses...need ur HC2 form though (think ts hc2)

ALL eye tests are free at D&A atm regardless of how old you are

Free eye tests & other deals here hotukdeals.com/sea…est

i could take a look at them for you.. free of charge mate!

It's free eye tests for under 19s as long as they are in full time education.

as stated above-u need a hc2 form...get this and apply(its means tested) u may get money off an eye test with this.theyll send a letter out to you if ur entitled to anything.this MUST be done before ur eye test..so abit late now-although u can claim the eye test fee back if u qualify!

It's only free if you are 18 or younger, and in full time education

InfernoZeus;4591495

It's only free if you are 18 or younger, and in full time education

Correct and you DONT get a voucher sorry... who have you booked with?

Original Poster

dmtuk;4591508

Correct and you DONT get a voucher sorry... who have you booked with?

specsavers, but swapped to D + A for the free one..

reppd all the help, please rep baack :P:)

It's under 19 not 18 for free eye test: specsavers.co.uk/gla…hs/.

Anyways Tesco have them free for everyone.

D&A free test with voucher offer only until 15 March, so act fast.

England. If you are a student and over 18, you HAVE to fill in a HC form. Then you MIGHT get free eye / dental care, depends on income / outgoings.

Spriggan;4591553

It's under 19 not 18 for free eye test: … It's under 19 not 18 for free eye test: http://specsavers.co.uk/glasses/nhs/.Anyways Tesco have them free for everyone.

Specsavers is wrong under the NHS its up to 18
    twcsa.nhs.uk/how…htm

dmtuk;4591752

Specsavers is wrong under the NHS its up to … Specsavers is wrong under the NHS its up to 18http://www.twcsa.nhs.uk/how_to/nhs_agegroups.htm

It doesn't say 'upto' 18. So I think if your 18 years and 364 days old you would still qualify for the free eye test.:thumbsup:

Spriggan;4591950

It doesn't say 'upto' 18. So I think if your 18 years and 364 days old … It doesn't say 'upto' 18. So I think if your 18 years and 364 days old you would still qualify for the free eye test.:thumbsup:

yes sorrry its if your 16, 17 or 18 and in full time education

I work for Specsavers and the NHS entitlement is - you have to be UNDER 19 i.e 18 and 364 days in full time education. You can however, get a student discount of 25% off of complete total from ranges over £75.00 which has nothing to do with NHS.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214455
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767158
      3. word association Game73844447
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!543740

See more discussions