Groups

im actually not looking forward to tomorrow!

i have got an exam at 9am which is VERY important that i pass it and my revision has been to a minimum totally not looking forward to it, thinking that i am going to fail has any body got any kind words to boost my morale and confidence up or any stories to take my mind off of it or even stories about there pre-exam nerves?

32 Comments

shoulda revised!!!

dont think negative...give it your best shot and try to stop panicking...if its at 9am you should be thinging of going to sleep....have an hour or so of revision in the morning if you get up early and go for it....good luck

get off here and put some revision in :roll:

give it your best shot
    go to bed, youll feel fresher for it in the morning and GOOD LUCK
    :thumbsup:

Hopefully this will boost your morale and cheer you up.

youtube.com/wat…e-w

I agree with Muffin entirely revision is key.. If you revise then it takes this whole stress that students seem to feel away, or at least decreases it. I think the crucial thing for you, now that it is just tomorrow. Is not to worry about it and go over points in your head that you have learnt. Also, get an early night tonight.. Sleep is very, very valuable!

Goodluck with it! I'm sure you'll do great

Original Poster

muffin247;5374845

shoulda revised!!!

yes i know i should of but it has been a really bad time of the year recently (grandparent passing, other family issues etc etc ... )

lil_tiger;5374847

dont think negative...give it your best shot and try to stop … dont think negative...give it your best shot and try to stop panicking...if its at 9am you should be thinging of going to sleep....have an hour or so of revision in the morning if you get up early and go for it....good luck

yeah i know i should be going to sleep but if i go to sleep now i will just have it on my mind, wont be able to sleep, and get over anxious about it and will just fail anyway lol Thanks for your words tiger

Don't worry if it all goes wrong and you get no qualifications you could always become an MP!:-D

Ps go to bed and get a good night sleep.:thumbsup:

if your not tired do last minute revision now....if not then try sleep....its pointless staying up to just be tired and stressed tomorrow....either revise and know more info, or sleep and feel better am sure you will be fine anyways....

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5374871

Don't worry if it all goes wrong and you get no qualifications you could … Don't worry if it all goes wrong and you get no qualifications you could always become an MP!:-DPs go to bed and get a good night sleep.:thumbsup:

ha ! that sounds like an idea ! be an MP! they get paid S*** loads, steal from all us tax payers and they do nothing!

stevey_p7;5374858

Hopefully this will boost your morale and cheer you … Hopefully this will boost your morale and cheer you up.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6UDXPKe-w

LMAO!!! that done SO much more than boost my morale mate, cheers that made me chuckle A LOT!

*roosterpots*;5374853

give it your best shotgo to bed, youll feel fresher for it in the morning … give it your best shotgo to bed, youll feel fresher for it in the morning and GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:

i will be giving it my best shot anyway i need this grade lol cheers buddy

choc1969;5374848

get off here and put some revision in :roll:

yeah but i needed some kind words from kind people as my OH is a sleep lol

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5374884

if your not tired do last minute revision now....if not then try … if your not tired do last minute revision now....if not then try sleep....its pointless staying up to just be tired and stressed tomorrow....either revise and know more info, or sleep and feel better am sure you will be fine anyways....

yeah thats true, but im not tired and the bad thing is, i dont get tired till about 1 am i swear im turning nocturnal! ha :thumbsup: i think im going to revise for a bit but still on here as well lol

thanks again tiger

Its when you think that everything going wrong that you manage to pull through my daughter lost her father there and she had a major exam which determines what school she gets into and the rest of her life and guess what so proud of her she passed not through loads of revision but by paying attention through the year hopefully everything in exam will fall in your favour keep us posted good luck fingers crossed for you.

hey and also read the question...a silly percentage of people get lower marks because they dont actually even answer the question....on the other side if you read it and dont understand it...as a last resort just write an essay on everything you know on the subject....might get some marks for proving you know something

lil_tiger;5374958

hey and also read the question...a silly percentage of people get lower … hey and also read the question...a silly percentage of people get lower marks because they dont actually even answer the question....on the other side if you read it and dont understand it...as a last resort just write an essay on everything you know on the subject....might get some marks for proving you know something

yeah that is great advice actually.. I can honestly say that for my software development exam a large amount of it consisted of that "Technique" :P Although, you must stress this is a last resort.. Think hard for each question and try and place yourself in the same area that you were revising at. I find it easier to revising sitting on a chair instead lying on the sofa etc.. because you are in a similar position in the exam and are able to recall information more easily..

danny09;5374921

yeah thats true, but im not tired and the bad thing is, i dont get tired … yeah thats true, but im not tired and the bad thing is, i dont get tired till about 1 am i swear im turning nocturnal! ha :thumbsup: i think im going to revise for a bit but still on here as well lolthanks again tiger

yeah revise now for a bit until you are tired and then get up a bit earlier in the morning to refresh your memory. Good luck and do your best!! ps what exam is it? :thumbsup:

what exam is it?

Original Poster

love my boots;5374939

Its when you think that everything going wrong that you manage to pull … Its when you think that everything going wrong that you manage to pull through my daughter lost her father there and she had a major exam which determines what school she gets into and the rest of her life and guess what so proud of her she passed not through loads of revision but by paying attention through the year hopefully everything in exam will fall in your favour keep us posted good luck fingers crossed for you.

Thanks for that, and im sorry to hear about your daughters father (your husband/fiancé/boyfriend/significant other ?) and congrats to her for passing, this exam determines which uni i am able to get in to so its a BIG mistake not revising, i have paid a lot of attention but from the passing of my grandfather i wasn't in college for a period of time which has effected my learning on the course, i will be getting the results in late july early august so i will still have my grades on my mind but i hope if i do just give it everything i can then i hopefully will get what i need Thanks again for your words rep getting added

Original Poster

DD98;5374996

yeah revise now for a bit until you are tired and then get up a bit … yeah revise now for a bit until you are tired and then get up a bit earlier in the morning to refresh your memory. Good luck and do your best!! ps what exam is it? :thumbsup:

thanks buddy

deadduck_145;5375000

what exam is it?

its an English AS, then i have Maths AS on wednesday, then English AS paper 2 on thursday, then Maths AS paper 2 on friday NOT looking forward to my coming week lol !

you should be in bed by now and remember not to say i should have revised more go there and do your best:thumbsup:

danny09;5375043

thanks buddy :)its an English AS, then i have Maths AS on wednesday, … thanks buddy :)its an English AS, then i have Maths AS on wednesday, then English AS paper 2 on thursday, then Maths AS paper 2 on friday NOT looking forward to my coming week lol !

no problem but surely you can resist these next year when doing your A2's if needed ? :?

Stop worrying....what wil be will be.

Worry and panic obstruct common sense and you won't be able to think straight.

You have to learn to relax, that in itself is a valuable life skill. The more relaxed you are, the less panic will get through.

Everyone has their own reasons to do their very best and life has a habit of getting in the way of our plans sometimes.

It is how we deal with the unexpected things life throws at us and we almost always come out the other end OK.

Get to bed,,wake early for an hours reading. Good luck

Original Poster

DD98;5375080

no problem but surely you can resist these next year when doing your A2's … no problem but surely you can resist these next year when doing your A2's if needed ? :?

Thats the thing, im going to uni and taking a different course lol im just using these as a booster for my UCAS points to get me into the uni's which i have applied for lol, sounds stupid but if i dont have the UCAS points, i can't get into the uni which i want to get into and the grades which i have been predicted and the UCAS points which i will get all together from college will be enough to get me into the very few i have selected

danny09;5375101

Thats the thing, im going to uni and taking a different course lol im … Thats the thing, im going to uni and taking a different course lol im just using these as a booster for my UCAS points to get me into the uni's which i have applied for lol, sounds stupid but if i dont have the UCAS points, i can't get into the uni which i want to get into and the grades which i have been predicted and the UCAS points which i will get all together from college will be enough to get me into the very few i have selected

You are working yourself up into a lather here.....

GET TO BED.....NOW.

OK mother will trot off now

danny09;5375101

Thats the thing, im going to uni and taking a different course lol im … Thats the thing, im going to uni and taking a different course lol im just using these as a booster for my UCAS points to get me into the uni's which i have applied for lol, sounds stupid but if i dont have the UCAS points, i can't get into the uni which i want to get into and the grades which i have been predicted and the UCAS points which i will get all together from college will be enough to get me into the very few i have selected

seriouslydont worry bout it....UCAS take into consideration all sorts...plus most uni's will offer you the same place for 20/40 points lower....I didnt do very well at all in mi AS/A2 levels and still got into my 1st choice of uni to do law....
    ...worst case scenario...as DD says you can just resit it...no probs
    ...other bad scenario...you dont do all that well, you just put the work in next year and boost your points up with the A2 grades
    ...good scenario...you do well and have been panicking about nothing

Im just graduating from uni...so was dealing with UCAS 3 years ago....Im sure the only mark you class from your AS levels is the subject you drop...and im also sure that subject only accounds for upto 40/50 points....the other subjects are awarded more points at the A2 level...worth double checking but thats how I think/thought it works

Original Poster

lil_tiger;5375146

seriouslydont worry bout it....UCAS take into consideration all … seriouslydont worry bout it....UCAS take into consideration all sorts...plus most uni's will offer you the same place for 20/40 points lower....I didnt do very well at all in mi AS/A2 levels and still got into my 1st choice of uni to do law.......worst case scenario...as DD says you can just resit it...no probs...other bad scenario...you dont do all that well, you just put the work in next year and boost your points up with the A2 grades...good scenario...you do well and have been panicking about nothingIm just graduating from uni...so was dealing with UCAS 3 years ago....Im sure the only mark you class from your AS levels is the subject you drop...and im also sure that subject only accounds for upto 40/50 points....the other subjects are awarded more points at the A2 level...worth double checking but thats how I think/thought it works

oh ok lol thanks, i just dont want to picture the worst case scenario any way, i just want to stay positive and just get it stuck in my brain that i am going to pass and im going to pass well thanks with all your help tiger much appreciated rep added too btw

Danny

iglimpse;5375135

You are working yourself up into a lather here.....GET TO BED.....NOW.OK … You are working yourself up into a lather here.....GET TO BED.....NOW.OK mother will trot off now

ok ok iglimpse im off to bed now then

night people thanks for your words rep will be added more tomorrow depending on how much your comments helped i will post on here tomorrow about how i think i have done

Night guys & gals

gnight and good luck

(I was just trying to reassure you...not trying to get you to think negative.....you will be fine :))

Has he gone?

phew

can put my feet up now

Original Poster

iglimpse;5375355

Has he gone?phew can put my feet up now

yes i had gone lol

lil_tiger;5375193

gnight and good luck(I was just trying to reassure you...not trying to … gnight and good luck(I was just trying to reassure you...not trying to get you to think negative.....you will be fine :))

yeah thanks for that, it did go fine, thank god lol, now i just got my other 3 over the next few days which i am going to try and keep calm for and then its just my results

Well this might help you, i only revised for one of my exams and it was the only one i failed. That will teach me to open a book to revise :lol:

pro plus + soda + all nighter , take exam, head to the pub. You'll be sol tired come 5 o'clock you won't care what happened.

Worked for me!

glad it went ok for you good luck with the others and good luck with the results

ms2005;5377652

pro plus + soda + all nighter , take exam, head to the pub. You'll be sol … pro plus + soda + all nighter , take exam, head to the pub. You'll be sol tired come 5 o'clock you won't care what happened. Worked for me!

Did you only sit one exam then :whistling:

Not helpful advice for those sitting several exams in a week :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047107
      2. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
      4. love affairs1344

See more discussions