I'm after something like this, but not this. (bloke only thread?)

Found 16th Mar 2011
I'ma fter a hose clip like the one in the clip below, approx 28-22mm diameter.

The only thing is, I need the actual band to be a lot wider. I don't even mind if it has to have 2 or 3 screw adjusters. I could do with the band being at least 3cm wide, possibly more.

Does such a thing exist as I can't remember seeing one anywhere. If so, what is it called and where could I get one?

If it doesn't exist, any ideas what I could use instead? It is for fixing two vertical/upright 20mm diametr hollow tubes together and I need it to be quite strongly fixed. And easy to take apart again.

cheers

col.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
15 Comments

Original Poster

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/karaokecolin/hoseclip.jpg

You could search for Jubilee Clips but I don't know how wide they are made. You could always use a slighly bigger hollow tube with 2 of these each end over the join or a metal sheet wrapped around the join secured by these?

Can't see picture but from the description, is it a jubilee clip?

What about one of these?

Piston Ring Clamp

This could probably be used for what you want but not what it's designed for I don't think.
Edited by: "CyDoNiA" 16th Mar 2011

Millions on auction sites

Original Poster

CyDoNiA

You could search for Jubilee Clips but I don't know how wide they are … You could search for Jubilee Clips but I don't know how wide they are made. You could always use a slighly bigger hollow tube with 2 of these each end over the join or a metal sheet wrapped around the join secured by these?

Second idea sounds like a goody if all else fails-cheers.

Sounds like a good idea

Original Poster

Murielson

Can't see picture but from the description, is it a jubilee clip?

No it's a hose clip but I need one with a wider band. Had a look on auction sites but none there.

No problem.

Original Poster

michelleleemoo

this help ?

Band isn't wide enough. ta anyways.

michelleleemoo

this help ?

What you doing in this thread moo ???? ...........the op is sexist , he said ' blokes only ' .......pffftt..:D

Original Poster

CyDoNiA

What about one of these?Piston Ring ClampThis could probably be used for … What about one of these?Piston Ring ClampThis could probably be used for what you want but not what it's designed for I don't think.

This is the baby. Dead on. Cheers.

Bit flippin' pricey though!

Thanks again.

Col.

Original Poster

shopstilldrops

What you doing in this thread moo ???? ...........the op is sexist , he … What you doing in this thread moo ???? ...........the op is sexist , he said ' blokes only ' .......pffftt..:D

I don't mind - after all, they do use these type of things in washing machines & the like so I suppose the odd chick would be a little bit familiar with 'em.

karaokecolin

Band isn't wide enough. ta anyways.

doops

and std didnt you know Your text here and Your text here

karaokecolin

I don't mind - after all, they do use these type of things in washing … I don't mind - after all, they do use these type of things in washing machines & the like so I suppose the odd chick would be a little bit familiar with 'em.

wrong on soooooooo many levels X)

Edited by: "michelleleemoo" 16th Mar 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text