I'm baffled??

Found 2nd Sep 2009
Not that difficult as it happens but I bought a metal shed from Tesco Direct recently. It was a 6X4 pent shed and when I ordered it I am convinced it was green. I got it assembled on the allotment some days later and of course when I saw it was plain metal finish I flipped.
Called Tesco and they said that it was the correct finish and the pictures on site would show that. Sure enough I looked and now they are clearly plain metal.
Has anyone else bought one and was it green? I am sure it was when I ordered but there is no way of knowing now.... or is there?

1. Misc
  2. Shed
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Shed
12 Comments

Is there anything in the description or invoice that says it is green? If not then you don't have much hope as pictures usually have a disclaimer saying they should be used as a guide only.

Try google cached pages?

Original Poster

Jonsend;6188320

Is there anything in the description or invoice that says it is green? If … Is there anything in the description or invoice that says it is green? If not then you don't have much hope as pictures usually have a disclaimer saying they should be used as a guide only.

No mention of colour and as far as Tesco are concerned I have no comeback but I really wanted to know if someone bought one recently and it was green. It could point to them changing it while my order was going through...:thumbsup:

Original Poster

seancampbell;6188327

Try google cached pages?

new to me matey... how do I access them?

search google for the item, then instead of clicking the link click "cached" to the right.

74.125.77.132/sea…=uk
shows a 6 x 4 shed cached on 27th august? No idea if its the right one.

Original Poster

choc1969;6188363

not on about thos one are you ?http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-7183.aspx

thats the apex roof one which is still green I ordered the pent roof one and you would have to ask who would want a bright shiny thing stuck in their garden....:-D

Original Poster

seancampbell;6188356

search google for the item, then instead of clicking the link click … search google for the item, then instead of clicking the link click "cached" to the right.http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:iuVZvZfIvAYJ:direct.tesco.com/q/R.203-6420.aspx+tesco+6x4+pent+shed&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ukshows a 6 x 4 shed cached on 27th august? No idea if its the right one.

thats the one but I ordered it around the start of August so that might be a bit late... thanks for your help much appreciated :thumbsup:

Banned

so if tesco said you can have a green one, would you take the grey one down and post it back and assemble the green one when it arrived?

Original Poster

csiman;6188444

so if tesco said you can have a green one, would you take the grey one … so if tesco said you can have a green one, would you take the grey one down and post it back and assemble the green one when it arrived?

The guy who put it together took six hours and swore you would need an engineering degree to build it quicker! So probably no..

Banned

mosskeeto;6188471

The guy who put it together took six hours and swore you would need an … The guy who put it together took six hours and swore you would need an engineering degree to build it quicker! So probably no..

seems odd then that you are wasting your time & effort ringing tesco then :?

Original Poster

csiman;6188852

seems odd then that you are wasting your time & effort ringing tesco then … seems odd then that you are wasting your time & effort ringing tesco then :?

I didnt find that out until it was assembled and I thought they might offer some money off if they had made a mistake... thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition811034
    2. Win your mortgage or rent paid for a year1111
    3. WIN! A PS4 Pro And A Pro Edition Copy Of Call Of Duty: WWII @ TopMan1114
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1212

See more discussions