I'm bored and can't sleep.

Posted 29th Oct
I'm a coach driver and worked till 1 am on Monday morning. Went into hospital at 9 am Monday for an operation (3 hours sleep) . 4 hours under the knife, back to ward . Half hour obs, now hourly. Dozed in and out. Can't sleep properly (hospitals aren't quiet places). Too hot. Played out all the games on my phone, can't concentrate on a book. Can't watch a film as I don't want to disturb others on the ward.
Damn, I'm bored.

Any suggestions please. I'm even considering platting my Nasal hair.
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
Oh no, well considering it’s the morning now I’m sure you’ll be smelling the hospital toast and docs will be doing rounds etc if you are in for a second night I’d suggest an eye mask and ear plugs which they can provide. Hope you are feeling ok.
AllyOxenFree29/10/2019 06:38

Oh no, well considering it’s the morning now I’m sure you’ll be smelling th …Oh no, well considering it’s the morning now I’m sure you’ll be smelling the hospital toast and docs will be doing rounds etc if you are in for a second night I’d suggest an eye mask and ear plugs which they can provide. Hope you are feeling ok.

Thanks. Hopefully home today. Nurses are lovely - though I have difficulty understanding them as most are Eastern bloc. Just hospitals are not conducive to recovery.
Cod mobile my friend
Coach driver here too, those finishing times can be brutal especially after a long drive. Been anywhere good lately?
I went to Blenheim Palace the day they discovered the gold toilet was missing. That was fun. Lots of police and none of them had a clue what to do. Went again next day and was really annoyed about that artists displays. Seems he wanted to upset everybody. Pinnochio frowning in a pond (kids). Hitler praying in the Palace (just about everybody). The pope killed by an asteroid (catholics ). A massive display of union flags covering the walkway in and out (a massive insult to the British. If you walked on an American flag in USA you would get arrested. - is you were lucky and didn't get shot by an ex vet or red neck.)
I've now been on the go for 25 hours, can finally get some shut eye.
It won't happen
I think you used the word "bored" incorrectly, because what you wrote in opening comment is not boredom. There is nothing tedious other than being having a (tedious) job, which ~95% of people have so it is a social norm.[Which job is not tedious?!]
Try meditation, listen to radio...get your "being bored, or whatever it is" state to a calmer, empty state (reduce anxiety and emotions).
Check out the latest news about Brexit zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Try listening to LBC on the 10pm to 1am slot. Constant Brexit chat. Bores me happily off to sleep every night.
Ringfinger29/10/2019 07:50

I went to Blenheim Palace the day they discovered the gold toilet was …I went to Blenheim Palace the day they discovered the gold toilet was missing. That was fun. Lots of police and none of them had a clue what to do. Went again next day and was really annoyed about that artists displays. Seems he wanted to upset everybody. Pinnochio frowning in a pond (kids). Hitler praying in the Palace (just about everybody). The pope killed by an asteroid (catholics ). A massive display of union flags covering the walkway in and out (a massive insult to the British. If you walked on an American flag in USA you would get arrested. - is you were lucky and didn't get shot by an ex vet or red neck.)

I get the others but can't think why kids would get upset with Pinocchio frowning in a pool!
philedsch29/10/2019 21:11

I get the others but can't think why kids would get upset with Pinocchio …I get the others but can't think why kids would get upset with Pinocchio frowning in a pool!

Typo. Drowning.
I went on a positive thinking course...................It was rubbish
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants