Expired

I'm Broke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found 23rd Feb 2010
Afternoon All,

I hate this time of the month...few days left till pay day.....got £1.30 in my pocket to last me 2 more days and quarter tank of petrol.......

Anyone else in the same situation or is it just me!!!!!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
144 Comments

put it this way! i cant wait til Friday!! lol

lol me too......was meant to go do my weekly shop today then checked out my bank account:oops:
Have spent way too much this month...had my daughters b/day and decorated the house, including all new furniture!! Will have to wait till thursday now...luckily we're not desperate for anything :lol:

I dont get paid till the 7th (5th this month though) and im skint aswel. Its horrible. Do you notice that everytime your skint something come up? Like i now need a tyre on my car and i dont have the money! What a nightmare

Banned

I am ok at the moment because I watch every penny.

Do you have any nectar points or Tesco clubcard vouchers you can use?

Banned

I've just decided to take another month easy and focus on going to the gym rather than working too hard.

Also, just spent too much on converse oxs and gig tickets.

same here all my direct debits are due to go out at the end of the month so i cant touch anything in the bank as its taken. i have £25 in my purse to last me till the 6th march just lucky we have a freezer full lol.

im trying to save at the mo, so a proportion of my wages goes straight into a savings account and i force myself to live off the remainder! not fun! lol

Banned

To be honest, I don't even normally check when "payday" is, so its not personally an issue for me. Wasn't always the case though, so know how things can be sometimes.

Obviously you'll get fantasists making wild claims... but they really should be back at school today!

Original Poster

hannah19790;7926281

lol me too......was meant to go do my weekly shop today then checked out … lol me too......was meant to go do my weekly shop today then checked out my bank account:oops: Have spent way too much this month...had my daughters b/day and decorated the house, including all new furniture!! Will have to wait till thursday now...luckily we're not desperate for anything :lol:

February is a month i hate, my mum and dads birthday is in feb, then you can valentines day...just soo many expenses...plus we had our water and electric bill come through...and it wasnt great :oops:

lincolnsmommy;7926286

I dont get paid till the 7th (5th this month though) and im skint aswel. … I dont get paid till the 7th (5th this month though) and im skint aswel. Its horrible. Do you notice that everytime your skint something come up? Like i now need a tyre on my car and i dont have the money! What a nightmare

I know what you mean...my wife's car has a slow puncture and my windscreen developed 2 cracks over the last couple of days!!!

Banned

greyparrot;7926316

same here all my direct debits are due to go out at the end of the month … same here all my direct debits are due to go out at the end of the month so i cant touch anything in the bank as its taken. i have £25 in my purse to last me till the 6th march just lucky we have a freezer full lol.

Freezers are a god send :thumbsup:

Banned

dre1988;7926319

im trying to save at the mo, so a proportion of my wages goes straight … im trying to save at the mo, so a proportion of my wages goes straight into a savings account and i force myself to live off the remainder! not fun! lol

You will reap the rewards eventually :thumbsup:

Banned

kingy58;7926349

I'm sure a dark rodent could sub you a couple of G's till payday.

Give a man a fish....

im not looking forward to march, mums, sisters and dads birthdays!! as well as mothers day!

What I love about most people who say they are skint is that they have thousands hoarded into a saving account for the rainy day that never comes . . .

Every day is a rainy day in my opinion these days!

Banned

for 1.30, hmm

loaf of bread, tin of beans, beans on toast!

dre1988;7926381

im not looking forward to march, mums, sisters and dads birthdays!! as … im not looking forward to march, mums, sisters and dads birthdays!! as well as mothers day!

i have got 4 birthdays to sort out and mothers day and then its easter on the 4th april and also my birthday on the same day as easter so i will probably end up with ten ton of chocolate just to make me fat in time for summer.:roll:

You could earn money another way..... ....

Student.

I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like that...

£1.30 to last two days...

Why let yourself get in that situation. Find a nice loan shark.

Seriously, I also don't worry about pay day, and also don't worry about how much I am about to be paid...

I know people who count down the days, but don't really understand it..

guv;7926351

To be honest, I don't even normally check when "payday" is, so its not … To be honest, I don't even normally check when "payday" is, so its not personally an issue for me. Wasn't always the case though, so know how things can be sometimes.Obviously you'll get fantasists making wild claims... but they really should be back at school today!

Exactly the same for me and again it's only quite recently been the case......;-)

Banned

Chiptivo;7926494

I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like … I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like that...£1.30 to last two days... Why let yourself get in that situation. Find a nice loan shark.Seriously, I also don't worry about pay day, and also don't worry about how much I am about to be paid...I know people who count down the days, but don't really understand it..

Some people have debts to pay already.

Original Poster

Chiptivo;7926494

I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like … I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like that...£1.30 to last two days... Why let yourself get in that situation. Find a nice loan shark.Seriously, I also don't worry about pay day, and also don't worry about how much I am about to be paid...I know people who count down the days, but don't really understand it..

I have savings....but i want to buy a house end of the year....so as soon as i get paid x amount goes into savings and pretend as that money never existed.....

You know sometimes you get unexpected expenses...hence £1.30 for 2 days....i've got enough food at home and all bills have been paid...just means i cant got out or do anything....other than sit at home watch tv and play ps3....which actually doesnt sound too bad

Chiptivo;7926494

i always get a pen and paper and work out how much i have coming in and whats going out so i know what i can spend and what i cant. but just paid my electric bill which was a bit higher than i allowed for lol.

Banned

Abz;7926521

I have savings....but i want to buy a house end of the year....so as soon … I have savings....but i want to buy a house end of the year....so as soon as i get paid x amount goes into savings and pretend as that money never existed.....You know sometimes you get unexpected expenses...hence £1.30 for 2 days....i've got enough food at home and all bills have been paid...just means i cant got out or do anything....other than sit at home watch tv and play ps3....which actually doesnt sound too bad

It could be a lot worse.

Banned

simon012;7926495

Exactly the same for me and again it's only quite recently been the … Exactly the same for me and again it's only quite recently been the case......;-)

To be fair, I probably have a lot less in my current accounts than I used to. That said, I have been in "can't wait for payday" situations.

Chiptivo;7926494

I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like … I know it may sound pompus, but I don't understand people who live like that...£1.30 to last two days...

Indeed... but careful or someone will label your lifestyle "lavish".

Banned

muffin247;7926529

man u people have no savings? always waiting till payday lol

I have savings and I am a MUFC fan.

David Beckham is also, he is really struggling

[QUOTE=guv;7926537]To be fair, I probably have a lot less in my current accounts than I used to. That said, I have been in "can't wait for payday" situations.

As have I, reading this thread has bought back some very "unhappy" memories
of awaiting payday moments......:whistling:

Banned

guv;7926537

To be fair, I probably have a lot less in my current accounts than I used … To be fair, I probably have a lot less in my current accounts than I used to. That said, I have been in "can't wait for payday" situations.Indeed... but careful or someone will label your lifestyle "lavish".

He has money because he has lost his wife.

I know what I would rather have.

Banned

guv;7926600

Eh?You saying you want my money or my wife? Its all a bit confusing. :?

Chiptivo's wife has died.

muffin247;7926529

man u people have no savings? always waiting till payday lol

i did have savings up until my other half was made redundant 18 months ago and had no choice but to use it. i also wouldnt go out shopping if i had less than £500 to do so.but things change we now just manage to get by with not alot spare but i cant complain my bills are paid and theres food on the table and clothes on my kids backs so we are alot better off than some. i must say i do miss the lifestyle i had though especially when people mention holidays etc but it isnt the end of the world.

Banned

greyparrot;7926523

i always get a pen and paper and work out how much i have coming in and … i always get a pen and paper and work out how much i have coming in and whats going out so i know what i can spend and what i cant. but just paid my electric bill which was a bit higher than i allowed for lol.

Oooh, la di da.:p

id hate to be relying on payday to come to pay for stuff, i dont really like spending my money lol i just like to see it get bigger and bigger haha.

I dont have a mortgage or anything though so I guess one day when my money has been used for a house etc then I will be watching the money more carefully, by then though should be getting paid more so it should equal itself out

FilthAndFurry;7926620

Oooh, la di da.:p

lol cheeky.

Banned

numptyj;7926637

why would u mention that :Smaybe he has money because he has a well paid … why would u mention that :Smaybe he has money because he has a well paid job....:roll:

He was speaking about the money that he had inherited recently on here.

HTH

I am alright

Chiptivo;7926494

Surely you've been in a position in your earlier years in life when the wages weren't so great, and you couldn't manage your finances as well as you've learned to now.

Therefore you should be able to understand?

I remember one of my first jobs was stacking shelves - £1.19 an hour.

black gerbil1;7926325

just looked @ my bank account, I have 1.3mill.

Oh you poor soul, I have 5 million in cash in my house all of the time.:)

Banned

numptyj;7926669

sorry if i dont live on here all the time as i'm workingHTH

Well if you don't know the full story.

Don't bother commenting.

Inactive;7926672

Oh you poor soul, I have 5 million in cash in my house all of the time.:)

hmmm and where do you live lol:whistling:

greyparrot;7926690

hmmm and where do you live lol:whistling:

At least I am speaking the truth.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…99
    2. Quidco Highest Cashback Guarantee - Quidco will double the difference if yo…33
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771816
    4. Without saying how old you are, Name one thing from your childhood someone …2748

See more discussions