Groups

I'm ditching SKY, can anyone tell me the best alternative, there are so many others available. I don't need sport or box sets or latest films. Thanks.

Swap sky for ?

25 Comments

We just bought a couple of Youview boxes from eBay. You get free view channels including HD, all catch up services, series link & app to record from your phone. No subscription needed just normal aerial.

as above. and download kodi

Kodi and now TV. There are plenty of freebie or dead cheap now TV passes to be had on here and so makes it worth having.

Get a free sat box and use your existing dish .

Get yourself a HUMAX Freesat box for normal TV it uses your sky dish so no setting it up.

Edited by: "garybb" 29th Nov 2016

I ditched Sky a couple of years ago. I stil use my Sky box for all the free to air channels and I've added them all to my favourites tab in the planner so that they are all easily accessible and all in one list. I then have Now TV with the Entertainment pack. I have always bought passes when they are on offer or via EBay and have paid circa £3 a month as a result. I have it set up in 3 different rooms on the same account. Finally, I have 2 Firesticks with Kodi.
    Overall I have saved myself a tidy sum over what I was paying Sky every month and don't miss it at all.
    Edited by: "leyloleylo" 29th Nov 2016

Netflix is fab, and you can cancel month by month if you wanted too. I've had now tv, but not half as much on here.

I currently pay 75% off sky, there are deals to be had should you change your mind. There is a post on here if you search for it. Although you may have decided for definite you want to leave. Kodi also good.

leyloleylo

I ditched Sky a couple of years ago. I stil use my Sky box for all the … I ditched Sky a couple of years ago. I stil use my Sky box for all the free to air channels and I've added them all to my favourites tab in the planner so that they are all easily accessible and all in one list. I then have Now TV with the Entertainment pack. I have always bought passes when they are on offer or via EBay and have paid circa £3 a month as a result. I have it set up in 3 different rooms on the same account. Finally, I have 2 Firesticks with Kodi.Overall I have saved myself a tidy sum over what I was paying Sky every month and don't miss it at all.

Yep agree, even tho I still have basic sky for now (still in contract), I use netflix , nowtv and Amazon prime etc and as said loads of offers on, I just got netflix for 4 months on the radio times offer, nowtv movies for a pound a month for the next 3 months and if you are a beer drinker sky sports day passes (3 max) with packs of carling......

Agree with a couple others here, if you can get a YouView box from BT it would tick all the boxes.

We got a hd Freesat box that uses your two satellite inputs from sky, great quality, Google humax box's

If you want to keep sky but don't want to pay all those high monthly payments there are people out there who do sky packages its about £100 which is a one of payment with no more to pay and you get all sky packages including movies and sport etc a few of my neighbours in our village have them and when my contract with sky runs out in 2wks I shall be purchasing myself.

brian1977

If you want to keep sky but don't want to pay all those high monthly … If you want to keep sky but don't want to pay all those high monthly payments there are people out there who do sky packages its about £100 which is a one of payment with no more to pay and you get all sky packages including movies and sport etc a few of my neighbours in our village have them and when my contract with sky runs out in 2wks I shall be purchasing myself.

We've had the above for 4 years no problems at all and pay £35 per year for the full lot

Original Poster

brian1977

If you want to keep sky but don't want to pay all those high monthly … If you want to keep sky but don't want to pay all those high monthly payments there are people out there who do sky packages its about £100 which is a one of payment with no more to pay and you get all sky packages including movies and sport etc a few of my neighbours in our village have them and when my contract with sky runs out in 2wks I shall be purchasing myself.

Can you pm me with more info ?

brian1977

Hi, I would like to know this too plz? Thanx

I shall get info and post but I'm in Scotland I suppose if.you have Facebook and are on any of the for sale pages ask there and u might find someone in your local area that does them.

brian1977

They're also illegal (which you may/may not be bothered about) - but you have nobody to complain to when you find yourself suddenly cut off and you then need to pay for another subscription/cline etc..

mind you, anyone paying £100 in this day and age for illegal TV is a bit silly when you can do it yourself for free

One payment of £100 ain't bad and if it stop working at anytime the just come out and inpute a new code for free my neighbour has had his for over a year now with no problems, I pay about £60 a month to sky so it would have paid for itself after 2 months.

brian1977

One payment of £100 ain't bad and if it stop working at anytime the just … One payment of £100 ain't bad and if it stop working at anytime the just come out and inpute a new code for free my neighbour has had his for over a year now with no problems, I pay about £60 a month to sky so it would have paid for itself after 2 months.

don't get me wrong, Sky's prices should be made illegal with the amount they charge these days. Just buy a half decent android box and install Kodi - it's half the price of a dodgy Sky box

Are the sky boxes HD these days? last time I looked (although it was a long time ago), you could hardly get any HD channels through them

Kodi, free movies, sports and more.

They are talking about satellite openbox unit, purchased with a gift so to speak, no HD I believe and no recording, etc. just all channels from the Astra sat.

You can use your unregistered SKY box as freesat viewer, someone above explained it. Or buy a Freesat recorder.

Freeview HDDs recorders are cheaper, I use a couple of Huawei DN370T Freeview Boxes (check Ebay)

If your not worried about prem channels, these boxes are moer thank good enough as long as you have internet for the catch up enabling.

we got rid of sky for virgin media....nearly a year now since we dropped virgin media for amazon fire tv stick. suits what we need plus got prime, kids love all the tv apps.....tv player is good. 79 a year as sky and virgin media were over 90 a month.....only thing with virgin is the broadband....

Get this ebay.co.uk/itm…764?hash=item3d29349074:g:uA0AAOSwepZXSbV8

Not the cheapest but I haven't had any issues and it's plug and play. You will need to connect it to the internet via Ethernet cable or home plugs which is what I use as well as the sky dish cables.
    Edited by: "markvirgo" 30th Nov 2016

Original Poster

markvirgo

Get this … Get this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-ZGemma-Star-H-2S-Twin-Tuner-with-24-Month-Gift-Warranty-PLUG-AND-PLAY-/262684315764?hash=item3d29349074:g:uA0AAOSwepZXSbV8Not the cheapest but I haven't had any issues and it's plug and play. You will need to connect it to the internet via Ethernet cable or home plugs which is what I use as well as the sky dish cables.

Your link leads to an item that has been removed.

st8mike

Your link leads to an item that has been removed.

Search ebay for 262684315764
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. seller asked for IMEI1111
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2544
      3. cats and royal canin biscuits912
      4. Wifi extender1217

See more discussions