Expired

I'm doing the Royal mail post survey thing, but they ask for SMARTs amd other stuff. Is the procedure hard, im new to this

Found 28th May 2014
TNS survey carried out on behalf of royal mail to determine the quality of their service. You get free 12 1st class stamps and 4 large 1st class stamps

20 Comments

It's not hard but you need to be organised and can be a bit onerous. SMART's are tracking devices that you receive in mail from other participants and, when asked, you put them in test items that you're sending. You get everything you need to send your items - envelope, jiffy bag, box, inserts, labels etc and they're all stamped for you so you just need to take the item at the right time on the right day to the right place. Once you have passed your trial period, it averages out at about 3 items a week to send although it's unevenly spread - some weeks it's just one and some weeks it's 5 and you have to do it every day. They give you full instructions and the helpline is pretty good.

Been on the survey panel for about 6 weeks now. Like previous poster, it is onerous on occasions, today I had 2 letters to post at different locations at different times. Not sure it is worth doing for a few free stamps each month.

Banned

Can we re use the the un cancelled stamps from test items?

You CAN do anything you choose, Whether it's legal, honest or ethical is a different question.

Free stamps are all well and good but the service is a bit pointless as the all the postal workers know what the letters look like and mess around with the timings!

pcfix123

Free stamps are all well and good but the service is a bit pointless as … Free stamps are all well and good but the service is a bit pointless as the all the postal workers know what the letters look like and mess around with the timings!

EOSTFU

ceres

EOSTFU

I have no idea what that means?

Evidence?:

ceres

Evidence?:

My partner is a manager in the Royal Mail

Anecdata.

I

ceres

Anecdata.

It was a comment, I did not realise I had to deal with pedantic trolls on a money saving website. Can you point to it not being true?

You stated something as a fact which it is not. I've just pointed out your error as I'm not keen on labelling nearly a quarter of a million employees as dishonest, which is what you did.

I don't have to point to it not being true. You did that yourself - "all the postal workers". It's impossible that the 150,000 staff employed by the Royal Mail and the 50,000 staff employed by the Post Office (they all handle the mail so would have to be in cahoots, no?) know what the letters look like and mess around with the timings. That would require a conspiracy on a massive scale, and so large that the regulator and those responsible for performance monitoring would be fully aware and take the necessary steps to halt it. Perhaps you could explain how they go about messing with the timings in a largely automated sorting system?

ceres

You stated something as a fact which it is not. I've just pointed out … You stated something as a fact which it is not. I've just pointed out your error as I'm not keen on labelling nearly a quarter of a million employees as dishonest, which is what you did. I don't have to point to it not being true. You did that yourself - "all the postal workers". It's impossible that the 150,000 staff employed by the Royal Mail and the 50,000 staff employed by the Post Office (they all handle the mail so would have to be in cahoots, no?) know what the letters look like and mess around with the timings. That would require a conspiracy on a massive scale, and so large that the regulator and those responsible for performance monitoring would be fully aware and take the necessary steps to halt it. Perhaps you could explain how they go about messing with the timings in a largely automated sorting system?

I did not say they were dishonest, I pointed this thread out to my partner who said ,Oh we all know about those things,we recognise the labelling"

pcfix123

I did not say they were dishonest, I pointed this thread out to my … I did not say they were dishonest, I pointed this thread out to my partner who said ,Oh we all know about those things,we recognise the labelling"

You said:

all the postal workers know what the letters look like and mess around with the timings!

That sounds pretty much like dishonesty to me. Almost certainly a dismissable offence and possibly criminal too.

I'd be interested to answer to my question about how they 'mess around' with the timings in the auotmated sorting system. And I'd be interested to know how they 'recognise the labelling'. The items sent are different sizes, shapes and colours of envelopes and packaging which are the bog standard varieties of which millions are sent every day. They may be hand-written or have a bog standard sticky address label and they go to the private home addresses of individuals. So how does the sorting office know that a plain white DL size envelope with a handwritten private residential address is to be given special treatment?

Banned

I found it a right pain to do, the website is poor, the instructions are poor. They quite often send you the wrong labels etc. The reward for the effort isn't worth it unless you are retired and have enough free time on your hands to go posting when they want.

Musician

I found it a right pain to do, the website is poor, the instructions are … I found it a right pain to do, the website is poor, the instructions are poor. They quite often send you the wrong labels etc. The reward for the effort isn't worth it unless you are retired and have enough free time on your hands to go posting when they want.

I agree , have done it once and won't do again .

pcfix123

I did not say they were dishonest, I pointed this thread out to my … I did not say they were dishonest, I pointed this thread out to my partner who said ,Oh we all know about those things,we recognise the labelling"

Which perfectly illustrates why anecodatal evidence is so useless. There is NO standard label on these items so she couldnt possibly recognise them all.

Not that I realy follow the logic anyway. Why would a low paid member of staff care whether they're delivered on time enough to go out of their way to find the one letter in a pile of thousands? They categorically wouldn't.

Banned

suezygirl

I agree , have done it once and won't do again .

Yup it's not for everyone.

Seems a bitycomplicated. They tell you to post at a post office with an envelope already stamped. Do they mean put it in the post box outside? Or what?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants