Groups

I'm fed up!!

Banned
    Lost over £1400 from gambling via the means of roulette and horse racing betting. And have 6 University exams from Monday onwards.

Any suggestions to buck my life up atm, as revision has been minimal and I feel really down.

59 Comments

what year are you in in uni, im sure everything will turnh out ok just doint get far too stressed its amzing how much you think you have fogotten but when you get into an exam it all comes back dunno the extent as to what you doing but good luck

Drown your sorrows.

Original Poster Banned

shosie;5225302

what year are you in in uni, im sure everything will turnh out ok just … what year are you in in uni, im sure everything will turnh out ok just doint get far too stressed its amzing how much you think you have fogotten but when you get into an exam it all comes back dunno the extent as to what you doing but good luck

Year 1, after changing Uni's last year. Really need to do well this year even though it obv doesn't count!

Original Poster Banned

angelfairee;5225308

Drown your sorrows.

I am atm. On the Cloudy bay as there is no beer in. Parents are down in London for the Rovers v Chelsea game whilst I'm home alone supposed to be revising.

davidhurn;5225319

Year 1, after changing Uni's last year. Really need to do well this year … Year 1, after changing Uni's last year. Really need to do well this year even though it obv doesn't count!

im doing ym first year at college going to year two in uni next year. Id say dont push your self too hard to learn things becausr ti comes counbter productive

davidhurn;5225319

Year 1, after changing Uni's last year. Really need to do well this year … Year 1, after changing Uni's last year. Really need to do well this year even though it obv doesn't count!

You only need to pass, don't worry about it too much. Drink more.

I think my advice this evening has been wonderful...:whistling:

Im doing my finals....so stressful! I have had 3 this week and my last one tuesday (law). Third year so hard (first year counts for nothing)

Original Poster Banned

angelfairee;5225356

You only need to pass, don't worry about it too much. Drink more.I think … You only need to pass, don't worry about it too much. Drink more.I think my advice this evening has been wonderful...:whistling:

Lol you've had a few then! I'm trying to relax as I only need 40%, but I feel more of a pressure from my parents after changing Uni's and courses. They are both very very successful and at the moment I feel like I'm letting them down. Maybe I'm just having a Friday downer!

I lose a fiver and I feel crap, think about that. :x

Original Poster Banned

bargainhunter2009;5225364

Im doing my finals....so stressful! I have had 3 this week and my last … Im doing my finals....so stressful! I have had 3 this week and my last one tuesday (law). Third year so hard (first year counts for nothing)

I know, but you have to pass. As you prob know 1st year is for a general p i s s up and I've hardly been to any lectures. Just hoping I'll do ok overall.

hunchback;5225381

i spend lots of money on scratch card maybe not £1400 but a considerable amount

Should have backed the winner at York in the 13.40 mate 12/1, I had a bit of that ta very much.

Stuff roulette an all, mugs game. Stick to the Nags and avoid Maidans, Claimers and Selling races

Original Poster Banned

hunchback;5225381

I don't really think about the money unless its tangible and in my hand. I really need to stop, but I have a great knowledge of football and I usually gain a decent profit from the weekends games. Its just roulette (random selection) and horse racing (don't have a clue about at all) have taken over my student loan!

davidhurn;5225379

Lol you've had a few then! I'm trying to relax as I only need 40%, but I … Lol you've had a few then! I'm trying to relax as I only need 40%, but I feel more of a pressure from my parents after changing Uni's and courses. They are both very very successful and at the moment I feel like I'm letting them down. Maybe I'm just having a Friday downer!

I'll have you know I'm completely sober. I'm just awkward. Don't worry too much about your parents, they'll be proud of you for passing. You don't have to tell them what mark you got. Just make up for it in the 2nd and 3rd years, that's what matters. That's what I did anyway...

Original Poster Banned

The2020;5225421

Should have backed the winner at York in the 13.40 mate 12/1, I had a bit … Should have backed the winner at York in the 13.40 mate 12/1, I had a bit of that ta very much.Stuff roulette an all, mugs game. Stick to the Nags and avoid Maidans, Claimers and Selling races

I do call the winner now and then, and use attheraces.com. Alderon at 10/1 delighted for me today, but other more nigh on favourites totally messed up my bets.

Original Poster Banned

angelfairee;5225428

I'll have you know I'm completely sober. I'm just awkward. Don't worry … I'll have you know I'm completely sober. I'm just awkward. Don't worry too much about your parents, they'll be proud of you for passing. You don't have to tell them what mark you got. Just make up for it in the 2nd and 3rd years, that's what matters. That's what I did anyway...

Thanks for the advice. Where did u attend Uni? What line of work are u in?

davidhurn;5225424

I don't really think about the money unless its tangible and in my hand. … I don't really think about the money unless its tangible and in my hand. I really need to stop, but I have a great knowledge of football and I usually gain a decent profit from the weekends games. Its just roulette (random selection) and horse racing (don't have a clue about at all) have taken over my student loan!

That tells its own story, bet on what you know?
    Thats crap advice though if you know you need help and want to stop. :oops:

davidhurn;5225442

I do call the winner now and then, and use attheraces.com. Alderon at … I do call the winner now and then, and use attheraces.com. Alderon at 10/1 delighted for me today, but other more nigh on favourites totally messed up my bets.

Horse racing is a bit of a lottery bud, just look at the grand national this year!! luckily i had bet on the 100 to 1 winner purely by luck !! Stick with the footy :thumbsup:

davidhurn;5225452

Thanks for the advice. Where did u attend Uni? What line of work are u in?

I went to Plymouth uni and I work for the police. Don't worry too much about things, there's always something better around the corner. Like...umm...the end of your exams! Hooray! And 2nd year where you get to call people 'dirty freshers'.

davidhurn;5225442

I do call the winner now and then, and use attheraces.com. Alderon at … I do call the winner now and then, and use attheraces.com. Alderon at 10/1 delighted for me today, but other more nigh on favourites totally messed up my bets.

That Ask looked a good horse which Ryan Moore was on, Ascot Gold Cup's too far for it though won't stay that distance. Racing Post's good too just stay away from the rubbish races, too many duds. Football seasons over, wouldn't even put a penny on matches tomorrow.

Original Poster Banned

hunchback;5225478

That tells its own story, bet on what you know?Thats crap advice though … That tells its own story, bet on what you know?Thats crap advice though if you know you need help and want to stop. :oops:

I'm not up for stopping altogether. I have been betting at the Rovers since I was around 15, but now I outlay £100's rather than the odd £5. It makes football at the weekend more interested but the thought of winning big overtakes my pragmatism.

Original Poster Banned

Cantona_7;5225483

Horse racing is a bit of a lottery bud, just look at the grand national … Horse racing is a bit of a lottery bud, just look at the grand national this year!! luckily i had bet on the 100 to 1 winner purely by luck !! Stick with the footy :thumbsup:

I will mate, thanks for the advice. Its stupid playing roulette, but the advantages of just guessing where the ball will land between 1-18 or 19-36 is just too addictive. To double up on a 50-50 is my downfall.

Original Poster Banned

angelfairee;5225487

I went to Plymouth uni and I work for the police. Don't worry too much … I went to Plymouth uni and I work for the police. Don't worry too much about things, there's always something better around the corner. Like...umm...the end of your exams! Hooray! And 2nd year where you get to call people 'dirty freshers'.

Lol, thanks. You seem to be doing alright for yourself, which I admire!! 2nd year will be immense to be fair, already have a house sorted with some top lads!

Cantona_7;5225483

Horse racing is a bit of a lottery bud, just look at the grand national … Horse racing is a bit of a lottery bud, just look at the grand national this year!! luckily i had bet on the 100 to 1 winner purely by luck !! Stick with the footy :thumbsup:

That 100/1 winner was nothing to do with luck. The nationals all about statistics, age, weight, previous runs, etc etc etc. And Mon Mone hit everyone of the statistics, it was easily in the top six horses to be running in that race.

Original Poster Banned

The2020;5225490

That Ask looked a good horse which Ryan Moore was on, Ascot Gold Cup's … That Ask looked a good horse which Ryan Moore was on, Ascot Gold Cup's too far for it though won't stay that distance. Racing Post's good too just stay away from the rubbish races, too many duds. Football seasons over, wouldn't even put a penny on matches tomorrow.

That's why I find horse racing interested. Viewing theire specific weight, form, jockey etc makes it very exciting to participate in. Football has become boring really even though that is my forte. Rovers to beat Chelsea at 9/1 might promote a couple of quid lol

Okay - you will get over this but it will take a while. No more gambling. The odds are always against you. Trust me on this - you can't win. Give it up for good right now. It is addictive and like any addiction you must not start again.

Do you owe the money or has it just cleaned you out?

Give yourself an achievable revision goal every day and stick to it. Split the revision task up into do-able chunks and do something fun in between. Don't stray from the schedule and you will be through it quickly.

Call some old friends up. People are more important than things or money.

Most important - don't allow yourself to mope or sulk or feel sorry for yourself. You can't change what is already done, no matter how dumb it seems. Just get on with putting things right, even if it takes a 5 year plan. Ask friends to help and advise. That's what friends are for. And don't put yourself down. You are bright enough to get to university so you are bright enough to carve a good future out for yourself. You just need to believe in yourself.

You will get through this. Just be positive and do the best you can. Nobody can ask anything more of you.

davidhurn;5225568

That's why I find horse racing interested. Viewing theire specific … That's why I find horse racing interested. Viewing theire specific weight, form, jockey etc makes it very exciting to participate in. Football has become boring really even though that is my forte. Rovers to beat Chelsea at 9/1 might promote a couple of quid lol

Is the money a problem? If I lost £1400 I'd be screwed, well I couldnt actually lose it as I dont have it, but that sort of money may be easy to come by for you. If it is a problem just cut your stakes and start betting on lucky 15s on the horses do £1 lucky 15s so it's a £15 bet but your potential take home can be £1000's for little stake. No point putting £100s on small odds and getting turned over. If you've got the £100 what do you need another £100 for?

The2020;5225543

That 100/1 winner was nothing to do with luck. The nationals all about … That 100/1 winner was nothing to do with luck. The nationals all about statistics, age, weight, previous runs, etc etc etc. And Mon Mone hit everyone of the statistics, it was easily in the top six horses to be running in that race.

why was it 100 to 1 then?? It would have been priced at 20 to 1 or better if it was a top 6 horse!!! absolute rubbish!!

davidhurn;5225401

I know, but you have to pass. As you prob know 1st year is for a general … I know, but you have to pass. As you prob know 1st year is for a general p i s s up and I've hardly been to any lectures. Just hoping I'll do ok overall.

yeh i know! Im stressing out as had complete brain freeze in one of my exams

Cantona_7;5225611

why was it 100 to 1 then?? It would have been priced at 20 to 1 or better … why was it 100 to 1 then?? It would have been priced at 20 to 1 or better if it was a top 6 horse!!! absolute rubbish!!

Based on the stats it was one of only six horses that ticked the boxes. The fact it was 100/1 was probably because Venetia Williams stable was out of form and the big interest was in the favourites and little money was going elsewhere. The other money was your housewives money that goes on names and colours so it's never going to make a difference to the odds. Mon Mone was 33s earlier in the week, they just didn't think it'd suit the ground and with a few other 33s and bigger prices getting talked out it got pushed out.

Original Poster Banned

Spod;5225570

Okay - you will get over this but it will take a while. No more … Okay - you will get over this but it will take a while. No more gambling. The odds are always against you. Trust me on this - you can't win. Give it up for good right now. It is addictive and like any addiction you must not start again.Do you owe the money or has it just cleaned you out?Give yourself an achievable revision goal every day and stick to it. Split the revision task up into do-able chunks and do something fun in between. Don't stray from the schedule and you will be through it quickly.Call some old friends up. People are more important than things or money.Most important - don't allow yourself to mope or sulk or feel sorry for yourself. You can't change what is already done, no matter how dumb it seems. Just get on with putting things right, even if it takes a 5 year plan. Ask friends to help and advise. That's what friends are for. And don't put yourself down. You are bright enough to get to university so you are bright enough to carve a good future out for yourself. You just need to believe in yourself. You will get through this. Just be positive and do the best you can. Nobody can ask anything more of you.

Thanks very much, some very good suggestions. The £1400+ has just been taken from my overdraft. It shouldnt be a problem as I'm only at Uni for another month, so less expenditure on food and booze etc. It's jsut I was doing so well. I was scammed via ebay and another similar site for over £2000 and I had just got myself back into positive figures via roulette etc (I won £600), and thought I could do the same over and over, which was obviously not the case! Have some rep mate!

davidhurn;5225542

Lol, thanks. You seem to be doing alright for yourself, which I admire!! … Lol, thanks. You seem to be doing alright for yourself, which I admire!! 2nd year will be immense to be fair, already have a house sorted with some top lads!

Lay off the gambling and play more xbox or whatever you horrible boys do.

The2020;5225640

Based on the stats it was one of only six horses that ticked the boxes. … Based on the stats it was one of only six horses that ticked the boxes. The fact it was 100/1 was probably because Venetia Williams stable was out of form and the big interest was in the favourites and little money was going elsewhere. The other money was your housewives money that goes on names and colours so it's never going to make a difference to the odds. Mon Mone was 33s earlier in the week, they just didn't think it'd suit the ground and with a few other 33s and bigger prices getting talked out it got pushed out.

They were favourites for a reason, and this wasnt one of the favourites!! None of the pre race guides even gave this horse a write up and im sure the guys who get paid good money to review the races know far more about it than you or i and im sure they had the statistics to hand. So to say this was in the top 6 horses is a ridiculous statement!

Cantona_7;5225684

They were favourites for a reason, and this wasnt one of the favourites!! … They were favourites for a reason, and this wasnt one of the favourites!! None of the pre race guides even gave this horse a write up and im sure the guys who get paid good money to review the races know far more about it than you or i and im sure they had the statistics to hand. So to say this was in the top 6 horses is a ridiculous statement!

I can tell you that being sat next to the people who write the reviews for many of the papers and for a big named racing website that you're wrong.

Original Poster Banned

The2020;5225603

Is the money a problem? If I lost £1400 I'd be screwed, well I couldnt … Is the money a problem? If I lost £1400 I'd be screwed, well I couldnt actually lose it as I dont have it, but that sort of money may be easy to come by for you. If it is a problem just cut your stakes and start betting on lucky 15s on the horses do £1 lucky 15s so it's a £15 bet but your potential take home can be £1000's for little stake. No point putting £100s on small odds and getting turned over. If you've got the £100 what do you need another £100 for?

No it isnt, but it does take up my student loan that should be essentially spent on food etc. I have started to cut my stakes to £25 per month, but then I go and open a new account (I must have at least 5 now). Thanks again though!:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

bargainhunter2009;5225624

yeh i know! Im stressing out as had complete brain freeze in one of my … yeh i know! Im stressing out as had complete brain freeze in one of my exams

Ok fair enough, all the best for them though!

The2020;5225703

I can tell you that being sat next to the people who write the reviews … I can tell you that being sat next to the people who write the reviews for many of the papers and for a big named racing website that you're wrong.

well i take it you won enough money to retire then seeing as tho it was 100 to 1 with all this insider info?

Original Poster Banned

angelfairee;5225679

Lay off the gambling and play more xbox or whatever you horrible boys do. … Lay off the gambling and play more xbox or whatever you horrible boys do.

I have an xbox 360 at Uni, but not at home. I have come home to revise as the library is packed full of rahs and very difficult to get your head down!

Original Poster Banned

Cantona_7;5225727

well i take it you won enough money to retire then seeing as tho it was … well i take it you won enough money to retire then seeing as tho it was 100 to 1 with all this insider info?

Come on guys Cantona stick to football and 2020 stick to horse racing lol.

davidhurn;5225724

Ok fair enough, all the best for them though!

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64578
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains1211
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…55
      4. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon44

See more discussions