I'm getting someone elses paypal payments

22 replies
Found 8th Aug 2008
I thought they were spoof emails but have logged into my paypal account and I am recieving another persons payments for ebay items?!
checked out the ebay items and sure enough all corresponds to the paypal payment,my user name etc isnt anything like the ebay sellers,what on earth is going on?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
22 Comments

Original Poster

I notice that one of the payments the buyer has had feedback left from the seller so maybe the seller also has the payment in their account? how confusing

Sloth/Mod

Don't know.......but they'll grab it back as the seller won't send without payment and PAYPAL will just refund them so i wouldn't spend it unless you want them sending bailiffs after you.

Original Poster

I'm not going to spend it,i shall just leave it sitting there and see what happens I think

Banned

I have had a lot of strange activity on my ebay account recently.

People keep logging into my account and watching items on there :x

Sloth/Mod

Yes.......just give it some time. If you find in a month or so's time there has been no disputes then it's Brucie Bonus time. :w00t:

DLM;2706340

I have had a lot of strange activity on my ebay account recently.People … I have had a lot of strange activity on my ebay account recently.People keep logging into my account and watching items on there :x

Sorry :oops:

Sloth/Mod

DLM;2706340

I have had a lot of strange activity on my ebay account recently.People … I have had a lot of strange activity on my ebay account recently.People keep logging into my account and watching items on there :x

Change your password.

If it's still happening then it must be someone with access to your PC with a stored password.

Original Poster

how long is it legally before money in your account becomes yours or does it ever become yours as such?

Banned

jackthelad;2706346

Sorry :oops:

You will be :viking:

Banned

Syzable;2706349

Change your password.If it's still happening then it must be someone with … Change your password.If it's still happening then it must be someone with access to your PC with a stored password.

I have a couple of times, nobody uses my pc.

Sloth/Mod

Mardyass;2706359

how long is it legally before money in your account becomes yours or does … how long is it legally before money in your account becomes yours or does it ever become yours as such?

Never.......but after so long you can easily claim that you didn't notice the payments had gone in and asumed it was yours.

Original Poster

oh i havent noticed the payments honestly lol

Banned

Mardyass;2706359

how long is it legally before money in your account becomes yours or does … how long is it legally before money in your account becomes yours or does it ever become yours as such?

If you take it out and they, then want it back, won't they just take it from your bank account or credit card, if your paypal has no funds?

Sloth/Mod

DLM;2706384

Then it sounds like someone is monitoring your activity on the PC either through your wireless or a key logger type program.

If they are then they will have access to everything you do.

Banned

Syzable;2706398

Then it sounds like someone is monitoring your activity on the PC either … Then it sounds like someone is monitoring your activity on the PC either through your wireless or a key logger type program.If they are then they will have access to everything you do.

How can i stop it?

Sloth/Mod

Mardyass;2706394

oh i havent noticed the payments honestly lol

Depends how active the account is. I have stuff in and out of mine everyday and i'd never be able to keep track of it all. I just rely on eBay

Sloth/Mod

DLM;2706405

How can i stop it?

Check for Spyware etc.

And check that your wireless is secure and change the access password.

Banned

Syzable;2706408

Check for Spyware etc.And check that your wireless is secure and change … Check for Spyware etc.And check that your wireless is secure and change the access password.

Sorry, i'm a bit of an IT novice, what is Spyware etc...

Original Poster

DLM;2706384

I had this happening some time ago,all expensive cars and **** i wouldnt of looked at,apparently some sellers can alter the coding within a listing so it automatically enters your watchlist:x a thing used by scammers so they say on the ebay community boards

Banned

Mardyass;2706415

I had this happening some time ago,all expensive cars and **** i wouldnt … I had this happening some time ago,all expensive cars and **** i wouldnt of looked at,apparently some sellers can alter the coding within a listing so it automatically enters your watchlist:x a thing used by scammers so they say on the ebay community boards

It does hack me off, underwear last night and some cheeky barstools tried to sell Ugg Boots on my account a while ago :x

Sloth/Mod

DLM;2706414

Sorry, i'm a bit of an IT novice, what is Spyware etc...

Spyware is rogue stuff that gets on your PC. Do a search for Spyware Doctor on google and download it and run it to clear it.

Banned

Syzable;2706502

Spyware is rogue stuff that gets on your PC. Do a search for Spyware … Spyware is rogue stuff that gets on your PC. Do a search for Spyware Doctor on google and download it and run it to clear it.

I'm downloading this:-

spywareterminator.com/

Will that be, ok?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GoPro Hero 5 Black33
    2. spam regarding paypal33
    3. Best tablet around the £60 mark66
    4. Advice on 8" Tablet11

See more discussions