Groups

Im going to the races at Aintree tomorrow night!! Any tips please??

Got a works night out at the races, but im rubbish at picking horses.
    Any experts out there please?!

9 Comments

Set yourself a limit before you go - and stick to it!

Enjoy - it's great fun, but don't take it too seriously. The only people who really make any money at these events are the bookies!!

The harder you try and understand the form etc the worse your results will get.

Go with gut instincts and coincidences with names etc.

best to wait till tomorrow so u can see what ground is like and non runners etc ill have a look in the morning and if i see anything i like ill let ya know but in the first race i may be backing super martina just coz i love martina hingis

generally go for an each way, on an 8 or 9 horse race, top 3 gets paid out, so you've got 30-40% chance of getting some money back,

Whereas a 7 horse race, top 2, so only 28%

and 12-15 horses in a race, you're looking at >25% for a place...

So between 4-7 horses, go for the win!

Anything else look for an each way!

Just my way of working it! I'm a student, i cant afford to lose too much :P

Original Poster

If anyone hears any tips for this meeting, please feel free to post them! Thanks!

Original Poster

jasonodell;5208449

generally go for an each way, on an 8 or 9 horse race, top 3 gets paid … generally go for an each way, on an 8 or 9 horse race, top 3 gets paid out, so you've got 30-40% chance of getting some money back,Whereas a 7 horse race, top 2, so only 28% :(and 12-15 horses in a race, you're looking at >25% for a place...So between 4-7 horses, go for the win! Anything else look for an each way!Just my way of working it! I'm a student, i cant afford to lose too much :P

Good logic, never thought of it like that, cheers :thumbsup:

Go for Dusty Mat.

I would back Dusty carpet if Dusty Mat isnt racing!

Leave your money at home!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      2. What is there free to do in your town?37
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …279966
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions