Groups
    EXPIRED

Im having a bit of a mission trying to find some hinges! HELP!!

Hi all

I need some help to try to find some Parliament Hinges for my serving hatch doors in the kitchen. Does anyone know where I can get some. They need to be smaller than the usual Parliament hinges (as these are traditionally used for internal/external doors). They will be used to fix 3/4inch MDF.

Hope someone out there can help!

Thanks

Foxy

7 Comments

Have you not tried your local ironmongers ? What size do you need as the sites are coming up with measurements in mm ?

depends what size ya looking for, ya might be better getting butterfly hinges.

Banned

Try [url]www.screwfix.com[/url]

Original Poster

owlass;2802513

depends what size ya looking for, ya might be better getting butterfly … depends what size ya looking for, ya might be better getting butterfly hinges.

I really need more protrusion to throw the serving hatch door clear of the architrave and fold flat. I don't think butterfly hinges will do this. Thanks for the help though (I have repp'd :thumbsup:)

Original Poster

choc1969;2798849

Have you not tried your local ironmongers ? What size do you need as the … Have you not tried your local ironmongers ? What size do you need as the sites are coming up with measurements in mm ?

I know this sounds stupid, but I don't really know! It needs to accomodate a 3/4 inch (25mm) thick door and needs to extrude 25mm as well (to ensure it folds flat past the architrave).

75mm is about the smallest

]http//ww…tml

ya could brick it up, ya probably only use it to watch the tv :whistling:

Original Poster

owlass;2805212

75mm is about the … 75mm is about the smallesthttp://www.cglass.co.uk/parliament-hinge-pr-17204.htmlya could brick it up, ya probably only use it to watch the tv :whistling:

How very dare you!

You are right though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.812
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767536
      3. Bearded chat1326
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563844

See more discussions