im having problems connecting amazon fire stick to bt hub5 on the 5Ghz frequency

Found 23rd Sep 2015
i've disabled smart setup. the wifi shows up when scanning for connection on the fire stick, but it just doesnt connect to 5ghz, it works fine on 2.4Ghz. can someone help please??
Community Updates
15 Comments
Have you tried changing the wifi channel? If you have an android phone search for wifi scanner. It's a tool that shows you what all the routers with in range are using. And recommends the best one or use
Original Poster
will try, im sure its set to auto at the moment. are you using the amazon stick with bt hub on 5Ghz??
My firestick struggles in some rooms with 5ghz, I am thinking of getting a wifi extender
Have the same problem with virgin media
Ive got the HH5 too had to rename the SSiD for 5GZ and ive got it on Ch 48 works ok now.
Original Poster
Not tried changing channel yet, but thought i would format the amazon stick and hope that will do the trick. it didn't work, but worse thing is now plexus/p2p-streams has been discontinued by the developer, so all thoses acestream live football is no more.
What about the smart set up option in ur router setting? Try switching it off
If it works on 2.4 why put it on 5? 2.4 will be a far stronger signal unless your router is in the same room.
craigstephens

If it works on 2.4 why put it on 5? 2.4 will be a far stronger signal … If it works on 2.4 why put it on 5? 2.4 will be a far stronger signal unless your router is in the same room.

exactly what I was thinking.
5ghz is faster but has a reduced range compared to 2.4
I gave up on the home hub 5 the wifi was rubish and lots of net drop outs, got the TP-LINK TD-W9980 to replace it.
wifi range connection sync speed are better and the once a day dropouts have stopped.
Original Poster
Router is right next to fire stick, thought acestream would perform better on 5Ghz. Disabled the bt smart thing, thanks for your input, not to bothered now that p2p/plexus cannot be installed,was only using it for the arenavision acestream.
ancav111

Router is right next to fire stick, thought acestream would perform … Router is right next to fire stick, thought acestream would perform better on 5Ghz. Disabled the bt smart thing, thanks for your input, not to bothered now that p2p/plexus cannot be installed,was only using it for the arenavision acestream.

What do you mean, p2p/ plexus can't be installed? Plexus works fine ?
Original Poster
it still work if u have it installed, but fresh installs won't work anymore. you can no longer download the sopcast/acestream modules as plexus addon has been discontinued by the developer.
Edited by: "ancav111" 24th Sep 2015
ancav111

it still work if u have it installed, but fresh installs won't work … it still work if u have it installed, but fresh installs won't work anymore. you can no longer download the sopcast/acestream modules as plexus addon has been discontinued by the developer.

Yeah, I had issues with p2p recently but installed plexus and it now works ok - I guess it must have only just been discontinued in the last couple of days then? Bummer.. I've noticed a lot of sports streams being removed / going private too lately.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants