I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G

Found 17th Oct 2017
Hi all, thank you for taking the time out to read my thread. I’m in need of a dash cam with live streaming via which I can remotely view the position of my car over 4G. I believe the latest Blackvue has this option but only over WiFi and not 4G. I am happy or connect the device to an external battery pack as I understand the internal battery will not be great. Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Emma
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
I don't think there is one. Maybe you'll have to get a more professional set up, which will cost.
Perhaps description of what you need the features for would help with suggestions for yog
I've no idea if such a device exists but if you know of one that works via wifi then you can just add a mifi device to the equation. Also have the benefit that other things can use that internet. Will probably have to power both devices via an external battery. what is the exact situation? seems like this will be quite an expensive way to get a video of your car
IamChris17th Oct 2017

I've no idea if such a device exists but if you know of one that works via …I've no idea if such a device exists but if you know of one that works via wifi then you can just add a mifi device to the equation. Also have the benefit that other things can use that internet. Will probably have to power both devices via an external battery. what is the exact situation? seems like this will be quite an expensive way to get a video of your car

Thanks for commenting Chris. I have recently started working near a building site and on at least 2 occasions I have found builders resting on the Bonnet of my car and I fear they might even damage my car with their tools, building materials, etc. I want to be able to view my car, or at least the view from the dash cam lens, while I’m at work to ensure its safety and record any untoward behaviour. Can you suggest a device that will meet my needs? Basically I’m looking for CCTV for inside the car lol.
Edited by: "emmacowley" 17th Oct 2017
Thank you for commenting. I have recently started working near a building site and on at least 2 occasions I have found builders resting on the Bonnet of my car and I fear they might even damage my car with their tools, building materials, etc. I want to be able to view my car, or at least the view from the dash cam lens, while I’m at work to ensure its safety and record any untoward behaviour. Can you suggest a device that will meet my needs? Basically I’m looking for CCTV for inside the car lol.
mattsk1 h, 8 m ago

Perhaps description of what you need the features for would help with …Perhaps description of what you need the features for would help with suggestions for yog

emmacowley10 m ago

Thank you for commenting. I have recently started working near a building …Thank you for commenting. I have recently started working near a building site and on at least 2 occasions I have found builders resting on the Bonnet of my car and I fear they might even damage my car with their tools, building materials, etc. I want to be able to view my car, or at least the view from the dash cam lens, while I’m at work to ensure its safety and record any untoward behaviour. Can you suggest a device that will meet my needs? Basically I’m looking for CCTV for inside the car lol.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "Well then, park somewhere else", problem solved.
cecilmcroberts9 m ago

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "Well then, park somewhere else", …I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "Well then, park somewhere else", problem solved.

+1
emmacowley26 m ago

Thank you for commenting. I have recently started working near a building …Thank you for commenting. I have recently started working near a building site and on at least 2 occasions I have found builders resting on the Bonnet of my car and I fear they might even damage my car with their tools, building materials, etc. I want to be able to view my car, or at least the view from the dash cam lens, while I’m at work to ensure its safety and record any untoward behaviour. Can you suggest a device that will meet my needs? Basically I’m looking for CCTV for inside the car lol.

You need a dash cam with motion detection or parking protection.

http//www.carcamerashop.co.uk/car…tml

Check the video on that link
An remote IP Camera will work but the problem your going to have is the IP over 3g/4g is not be static it will change over time, you can get static IP internet Data Sims, but mainly for Business use and will not really be a cheap option.
emmacowley3 h, 37 m ago

Thanks for commenting Chris. I have recently started working near a …Thanks for commenting Chris. I have recently started working near a building site and on at least 2 occasions I have found builders resting on the Bonnet of my car and I fear they might even damage my car with their tools, building materials, etc. I want to be able to view my car, or at least the view from the dash cam lens, while I’m at work to ensure its safety and record any untoward behaviour. Can you suggest a device that will meet my needs? Basically I’m looking for CCTV for inside the car lol.

Well being able to monitor whenever you want wont be cheap or easy but just using 1 or 2 dashcams along with a powerbank will at least have your car recorded while you are not there should any damage occur. If after one day you can see the builders touchering your car you can then complain to the company with evidence
cecilmcroberts11 h, 50 m ago

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "Well then, park somewhere else", …I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking "Well then, park somewhere else", problem solved.

Very helpful, thanks. I wish I could but parking is THAT limited at my latest contracting position.
Hi m8 - I've got a blackvue dash cam (650s-2ch) as a few months back as my car got vandalised - the one I got had wifi on it and when parked out side the house connects and I can monitor it from the app on my phone /PC,
They are on the pricey side but worth it.

To achieve what you want is simple as you just get that cam with the hardwiring kit (this let's it keep recoding and will cut the power once the battery gets to the level set, so you don't drain the battery completely)
I would recommend getting a fresh battery with the highest Ah you can.

then you would get one of those portable wifi dongle and buy the data sim and I would also get a battery pack to run the wifi off.

Load the app on your phone and you can watch but there is a catch on the basic account you can only watch 10min reset daily you can pay to get this increased.

Oh and there is a speaker and mic so you could tell the F@$#'s to get off the car lol

Hope that helps
All the best
Edited by: "Cyber2k1" 18th Oct 2017
Cyber2k16 h, 14 m ago

Hi m8 - I've got a blackvue dash cam (650s-2ch) as a few months back as my …Hi m8 - I've got a blackvue dash cam (650s-2ch) as a few months back as my car got vandalised - the one I got had wifi on it and when parked out side the house connects and I can monitor it from the app on my phone /PC,They are on the pricey side but worth it.To achieve what you want is simple as you just get that cam with the hardwiring kit (this let's it keep recoding and will cut the power once the battery gets to the level set, so you don't drain the battery completely)I would recommend getting a fresh battery with the highest Ah you can. then you would get one of those portable wifi dongle and buy the data sim and I would also get a battery pack to run the wifi off.Load the app on your phone and you can watch but there is a catch on the basic account you can only watch 10min reset daily you can pay to get this increased.Oh and there is a speaker and mic so you could tell the F@$#'s to get off the car lolHope that helpsAll the best

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such an informative post. I think I will opt for either the Blackvue lastest version or the Thinkware’s latest device. I’m not looking to hardwire the dash cam as I fear it may affect the car’s battery but will run it off an independent battery pack to the one attached to the MiFi device. Does that sound like a feasible setup?
Edited by: "emmacowley" 18th Oct 2017
I leave my dashcam recording when parked, which is when cars are mostly damaged.
So far I have been paid 3 times from drivers reversing into my car (2 of them drove off).
Sambat46 m ago

I leave my dashcam recording when parked, which is when cars are mostly …I leave my dashcam recording when parked, which is when cars are mostly damaged.So far I have been paid 3 times from drivers reversing into my car (2 of them drove off).

What device/ setup are you currently using to record while your car is parked up?
My dashcam is a Nextbase 101, which I can’t recommend, but the camera is not significant. Most cams will start recording as soon as power is switched on, so mine is hardwired to permanent live. I just switch it on when I want to record. This means I can record when parked, but I do occasionally get an 8 hour recording of the back of my garage door....
Sambat2 h, 12 m ago

My dashcam is a Nextbase 101, which I can’t recommend, but the camera is n …My dashcam is a Nextbase 101, which I can’t recommend, but the camera is not significant. Most cams will start recording as soon as power is switched on, so mine is hardwired to permanent live. I just switch it on when I want to record. This means I can record when parked, but I do occasionally get an 8 hour recording of the back of my garage door....

Thank you Sambat, I think will opt for either the blackvue or the latest Thinkware to get a similar kind of setup. Are you using a WiFi single to watch a live stream of your car?
Thank you Sambat, I think will opt for either the blackvue or the latest Thinkware to get a similar kind of setup. Are you using a WiFi single to watch a live stream of your car?
emmacowley15 h, 47 m ago

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such an informative …Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such an informative post. I think I will opt for either the Blackvue lastest version or the Thinkware’s latest device. I’m not looking to hardwire the dash cam as I fear it may affect the car’s battery but will run it off an independent battery pack to the one attached to the MiFi device. Does that sound like a feasible setup?

I don't see why not as long as you have the means to keep the battery charged.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants