Expired

I'm looking for professional quality offset (cranked) ring spanners for my father, what deals can people suggest?

13 replies
Found 19th Dec 2014
He's a mechanic by trade so needs to be high quality

13 Comments

You might laugh, but Halfords spanners are good value, they're made by Sykes Pickavant.

You might be better off buying him a couple of Snap-on tools rather than a boxful of cheaper ones

OP whats the budget? Halfords Pro are good but you have to buy ring spanners individually, sets from Sealey / Sigen, Draper Expert, Bacho, Facom are all good brands and of course Snap-on as already suggested
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 19th Dec 2014

What does he use now?....and I'd say Snap On.

OBH6UK

OP whats the budget? Halfords Pro are good but you have to buy ring … OP whats the budget? Halfords Pro are good but you have to buy ring spanners individually, sets from Sealey / Sigen, Draper Expert, Bacho, Facom are all good brands and of course Snap-on as already suggested

Bahco are part of the snap on group.

I'd go with Bahco or Facom as being excellent quality at reasonable prices. Snap on stuff is overpriced (and I say that even though my brother sells it).

Original Poster

OBH6UK

OP whats the budget? Halfords Pro are good but you have to buy ring … OP whats the budget? Halfords Pro are good but you have to buy ring spanners individually, sets from Sealey / Sigen, Draper Expert, Bacho, Facom are all good brands and of course Snap-on as already suggested

I don't mind spending out something around the £150 mark.
Between us we have a fair few bits of teng, and mac tools along with the odd snap-on item... I have also bought some of the Halfords advanced/professional range

Original Poster

winky24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Piece-Offset-Ring-Spanner-Set/dp/B003LQPX6G

Thanks for the reply however I'm looking for something a bit more professional and he needs a fairly deep crank rather than a slight one

Original Poster

I'm also struggling to actually find the sets, I visited one local dealer for teng and they had no cranked spanners instock at all

andymagic

You might laugh, but Halfords spanners are good value, they're made by … You might laugh, but Halfords spanners are good value, they're made by Sykes Pickavant.

And most have lifetime guarantee , decent tools tbh
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514673
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769636
    3. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1416
    4. Boredom1114

See more discussions