I'm looking for travel insurance that will cover you for ash cloud etc

11 replies
Found 5th Jul 2010
Hi,

I'm looking for cheap but decent travel insurance but would like it to cover us if there's problems with the volcanic ash cloud as we are traveling to America.

We are not on a package holiday, I've booked the flights and accommodation individually, the flights are through Thomson (don't know what their policy is on flights only).

Can you recommend some companies please?

11 Comments

Not sure how cheap but I'm sure Direct Travel cover for ash cloud: direct-travel.co.uk/

Original Poster

gimmeabargain;8979293

Not sure how cheap but I'm sure Direct Travel cover for ash cloud: … Not sure how cheap but I'm sure Direct Travel cover for ash cloud: http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

thanks for that, rep added :thumbsup:

where does it say they cover for the ash cloud? are you sure that they do?

Banned

caz when i spoke to thomas cook about this they say there is no such cover, but obviously when it happens that is when you claim, if that makes sense, like if your plane is delayed then the airline have to accomodate you

caz1cool;8979357

thanks for that, rep added :thumbsup:where does it say they cover for the … thanks for that, rep added :thumbsup:where does it say they cover for the ash cloud? are you sure that they do?

If you click on the link it says on the right hand side "we process valid ash cloud claims" or something along those lines. We're going to florida in Oct and will be using them for our insurance.

Original Poster

Ok great, thanks both

Rep for you too sass x

sassie;8979379

caz when i spoke to thomas cook about this they say there is no such … caz when i spoke to thomas cook about this they say there is no such cover, but obviously when it happens that is when you claim, if that makes sense, like if your plane is delayed then the airline have to accomodate you

Cos it's Thomas Cook that's correct, European airlines have to accomodate you. But anywhere outside the EU do not,, like a US airline....

Banned

gimmeabargain;8979293

Not sure how cheap but I'm sure Direct Travel cover for ash cloud: … Not sure how cheap but I'm sure Direct Travel cover for ash cloud: http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

that is for those already affected, it says nothing in the policy about covering it now

Banned

gimmeabargain;8979543

Cos it's Thomas Cook that's correct, European airlines have to accomodate … Cos it's Thomas Cook that's correct, European airlines have to accomodate you. But anywhere outside the EU do not,, like a US airline....

oh right thank you, i am flying with ryanair to spain and am panicking like mad incase something like this happens :oops:

My mum got stuck in NY during the last ash cloud fiasco and cos she was flying with continental got diddly sqaut. i looked it all up, EU legislation covers EU based airlines, but nothing outside the EU, at the airlines discretion!!

Guess who I booked with before I found this out....Continental!!!

Original Poster

i'm flying with Thomson, so will they be ok?

caz1cool;8979786

i'm flying with Thomson, so will they be ok?

Should be as it's a UK based airline. Have a read up on moneysavingexpert, they've got a whole section on there.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sell old Lego by the kilo.22
    2. word association Game74244876
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322831
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769258

See more discussions