Groups

I'm looking to book a holiday to Marmaris, Turkey with Sunshine Holidays and was going to use their shuttle service they offer to get to the resort and back to the airport. Has anyone used this service? Is it reliable? Where would you get it at Dalam

2017 Sunshine Holiday to Turkey

18 Comments

I wouldn't be going anywhere near turkey!!!!

tonymcg

Me either

Well i went to Marmaris in the summer, just after the coup. everything was fine and had a lovely time. If it was that bad the Foreign Office would advise again all but essential travel - which they haven't for most holiday areas in turkey. Ironically while I was in turkey, just before returning home to the UK, the UK police commissioner was on the news advising everyone to run if there were any attacks in the UK O.o

OP - sorry our shuttle was included through thomson so can't commenton Sunshine holiday's own shuttle service. have a great time away though!
    Edited by: "jambone" 11th Sep 2016

Use Hoppa, cheapest and best.

I've always used hoppa without any problem. there are usually good discount codes around too.

jambone

Well i went to Marmaris in the summer, just after the coup. everything … Well i went to Marmaris in the summer, just after the coup. everything was fine and had a lovely time. If it was that bad the Foreign Office would advise again all but essential travel - which they haven't for most holiday areas in turkey. Ironically while I was in turkey, just before returning home to the UK, the UK police commissioner was on the news advising everyone to run if there were any attacks in the UK O.oOP - sorry our shuttle was included through thomson so can't commenton Sunshine holiday's own shuttle service. have a great time away though!

The FCO advice was the same in Tunisia too. Its only a matter of time.

Anyway, back on topic. I would check where the hotel is on the journey from the airport as it may be one of the last drop offs so your 2 hour minimum journey from the airport to the resort could well be 4-5 hours!

I also doubt sunshine holidays have their own shuttles. They probably sub-contract which may change frequently.

Edited by: "chocci" 11th Sep 2016

tonymcg

I agree i dont get why anybody would want to go there. I wouldnt be able to relax at all defo not worth the saving its cheap for a reason

123batman321

I agree i dont get why anybody would want to go there. I wouldnt be able … I agree i dont get why anybody would want to go there. I wouldnt be able to relax at all defo not worth the saving its cheap for a reason

I love people like you.... make unfounded assumptions based on misconceptions and beliefs.

just got back from turkey and felt safer at any time of day and night than in the UK with all the chavs loitering around.
    in fact was there between 18th and 29th of August just when two terrorist attacks happened.... wait, that was like 800miles away (basically a distance from the mainland of England to France or Germany)

It amazes me that people are ignorant to the fact that car accidents kill 2000 people a year yet everyone is happy to drive. 6 people drowned in the sea yet nobody gives a damn, drunk driver killed a woman and a child yet nobody does anything about it either.

terrorism threat in Turkey is high
    gov.uk/for…ism

terrorism threat in the UK is severe
    mi5.gov.uk/thr…els

where would you like to stay? Turkey with armed police or UK with police having no more than a taser gun (i think that's even too much)
    let that sink in...

Most importantly how do people know what will happen in 2017?

Edited by: "mattsk" 11th Sep 2016

mattsokolinski

I love people like you.... make unfounded assumptions based on … I love people like you.... make unfounded assumptions based on misconceptions and beliefs.just got back from turkey and felt safer at any time of day and night than in the UK with all the chavs loitering around.in fact was there between 18th and 29th of August just when two terrorist attacks happened.... wait, that was like 800miles away (basically a distance from the mainland of England to France or Germany)It amazes me that people are ignorant to the fact that car accidents kill 2000 people a year yet everyone is happy to drive. 6 people drowned in the sea yet nobody gives a damn, drunk driver killed a woman and a child yet nobody does anything about it either.terrorism threat in Turkey is highhttps://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/terrorismterrorism threat in the UK is severehttps://www.mi5.gov.uk/threat-levelswhere would you like to stay? Turkey with armed police or UK with police having no more than a taser gun (i think that's even too much)let that sink in...Most importantly how do people know what will happen in 2017?

Its just common sense tbh. Look what happened in tunisia. Its an unstable country at the moment.

I agree its a shame its probably a lovely country but until we get this religious nonsense sorted out once and for all then i wouldnt risk it

As with any comment this is my opinion not a fact and youre entitled to your opinion

Obviously we dont know but wouldnt take a genius to guess lol

chocci

The FCO advice was the same in Tunisia too. Its only a matter of time.

True, but the same could be said for any country you visit, including whichever country one currently lives in.
    Edited by: "jambone" 11th Sep 2016

Turkey !!!!! You are a brave man......

Turkey has the same threat level as France and Spain, would you still be reserved about booking a holiday to either of these?

We had a brilliant holiday in Kusadasi earlier this year (during the coup) and never felt like we were unsafe.

On a slightly different note. Have you tried Alpharooms as I've normally found them to be cheaper from BFS than Sunshine.

MichyM

Turkey has the same threat level as France and Spain, would you still be … Turkey has the same threat level as France and Spain, would you still be reserved about booking a holiday to either of these?We had a brilliant holiday in Kusadasi earlier this year (during the coup) and never felt like we were unsafe.

The important difference is that Spanish and French terror threats are directed at nationals whereas tourists, particularly British are the targets in the muslim countries like Tunisia, Egypt and Turkey. I hope I'm wrong but i think it's only a matter of time before there is a major attack at a Turkish beach resort.

a2btransfers.com/
    hoppa.com
    just arrange your own transfers from the place that your travel agent get it from

Edited by: "centurion" 11th Sep 2016

123batman321

Its just common sense tbh. Look what happened in tunisia. Its an unstable … Its just common sense tbh. Look what happened in tunisia. Its an unstable country at the moment. I agree its a shame its probably a lovely country but until we get this religious nonsense sorted out once and for all then i wouldnt risk itAs with any comment this is my opinion not a fact and youre entitled to your opinion Obviously we dont know but wouldnt take a genius to guess lol

How is it common sense. terrorism threat higher for the UK than Turkey, security measures are far much higher in turkey than UK (airport check in includes 3 xray scans and 3x frisks)
    Tunisia is not Turkey is it? its like saying I'm not going to England because there are terrorists in Ireland
    as a foreigner I have far much higher chances being stabbed or attacked in the UK than Turkey independent.co.uk/new…tml

so no i'm not having an opinion. I take all the facts and evidence, pros and cons and make an informed choice.

chocci

The important difference is that Spanish and French terror threats are … The important difference is that Spanish and French terror threats are directed at nationals whereas tourists, particularly British are the targets in the muslim countries like Tunisia, Egypt and Turkey. I hope I'm wrong but i think it's only a matter of time before there is a major attack at a Turkish beach resort.

so remind me again when was that lorry ramming through the public again?
    now look at turkey, most attacks are done outside of tourists resorts. if you compare both which one is safer by your definition?
    Forgot to mention, anyone going to Marmaris can expect a police patrol passing by every 30min or so. You dont even see that in the uk or any other "civilised" country
    Edited by: "mattsk" 11th Sep 2016

After reading the comments following on from mine, as I said, brave man or woman, anyone who goes to a country where there has or is a threat to tourists must have " brave " attached to them, as has been said, the threat in this country is bad enough to have to contend with, putting yourself at additional risk by going somewhere else is not something most people would do.

mattsokolinski

How is it common sense. terrorism threat higher for the UK than Turkey, … How is it common sense. terrorism threat higher for the UK than Turkey, security measures are far much higher in turkey than UK (airport check in includes 3 xray scans and 3x frisks)Tunisia is not Turkey is it? its like saying I'm not going to England because there are terrorists in Irelandas a foreigner I have far much higher chances being stabbed or attacked in the UK than Turkey http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-has-called-the-polish-prime-minister-to-express-deep-regret-over-post-brexit-attacks-a7235046.htmlso no i'm not having an opinion. I take all the facts and evidence, pros and cons and make an informed choice.so remind me again when was that lorry ramming through the public again?now look at turkey, most attacks are done outside of tourists resorts. if you compare both which one is safer by your definition?Forgot to mention, anyone going to Marmaris can expect a police patrol passing by every 30min or so. You dont even see that in the uk or any other "civilised" country

The UK doesnt have 1,000,000+ new 'immigrants' from ISIS controlled regions unlike turkey. The French were the obvious target of the lorry.

Isis terror warning over tourist hotspots in Turkey issued by US embassy
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)78
      2. 15 ways you can hack that Amazon Dash Button67
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1841
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7041337

See more discussions