Groups

I'm looking to set up my camcorder inside my car...

I'd love to record some of my journeys on the road and figured a device for holding my miniDV camcorder in place in the car would exist.

From a bit of searching, pretty much the cheapest thing I can find is this: tinyurl.com/eba…unt

I figure the windscreen is probably the best place for a clamp - though my camcorder (JVC GR-D720EK) is heavier than the likes of my mobile/pocketpc.

Has anyone set up something like this before? What did you use?

Thanks for the help!

20 Comments

Nobody likes a dogger

LOL, get your wife/partner to sit next to you and hold the camera while you *drive*

Original Poster

*DISCLAIMER*

I figure the windscreen is probably the best place for a clamp

^If I was up to anything else I'd be looking to clamp it something much more conspicuous! (hmm.. sounds like another fun project)

Blutac

Original Poster

cannyscot;2822170

Blutac

With a combo of pritt stick and a piece of string?

Make a headrest mount or use a gorrilapod.

Banned

Ritchie 2;2822110

Nobody likes a dogger

I do :whistling:

b-hague.co.uk/Mou…htm

Bingo :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

Like your suggestion, but have you ever known a tomtom to stay stuck to the screen all the time? wouldnt want your camera flying to the floor of your car!

Shengis;2822202

Make a headrest mount or use a gorrilapod.

Best place as it will be shot then from a passengers/drivers viewpoint.

DIY one for a couple of quids worth of materials ]INSTRUCTABLES (WHERE ELSE?)

Just duct tape it to the dashboard?

donnydude;2822323

Just duct tape it to the dashboard?

Easy tiger.

harlzter;2822307

Best place as it will be shot then from a passengers/drivers … Best place as it will be shot then from a passengers/drivers viewpoint.DIY one for a couple of quids worth of materials ]INSTRUCTABLES (WHERE ELSE?)

Spot on:thumbsup:

I would have used a bit of wood rather than ally tube though as its cheaper and i'm a tight git. Just drill straight through at the headrest pole points and no need for the U bolts

Shengis;2822434

Spot on:thumbsup:I would have used a bit of wood rather than ally tube … Spot on:thumbsup:I would have used a bit of wood rather than ally tube though as its cheaper and i'm a tight git. Just drill straight through at the headrest pole points and no need for the U bolts

Now that is a damn good idea, im liking that one. Mind I have some box section tubing rescued from a former bed in the shed so would have used that and cable ties:whistling:

Ah cable ties, gaffa tape without the sticky mess

Original Poster

Cheers for all the suggestions - I like the DIY job on instructables, maybe I'll give that a go at some point!

Seems pre-made virtually identical ones to those are going for £49+delivery on ebay.

Why would you want to record driving along the road?

Original Poster

Syzable;2831295

Why would you want to record driving along the road?

I guess not everyone gets it - but it'd be more of a video diary of my journeys. I do a lot of travelling and driving has opened up lots of doors for me over the past couple of years! I'd love to record the journeys I've taken and around town.

I think it'd be a fun little project - and when I get bored of it I can just turn the cam around and offer one of the female hukd'ers a lift to work.

Fair do's. :-D

Mine would be a bit dull...........kids to nursery, trip to town.........shopping at Tesco.........off to the footy etc. lol

so its not for a voyeur website when takin someone doggin?

just me then :roll:

Original Poster

Decided to give the DIY method a go with my dad (it's been a few years since we did a project together!). From what I can tell it'll only set us back a few quid and will be quite rewarding to put together.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553781
      2. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1421
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767203
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826352

See more discussions