I'm not in Love with you, but I do Love you...

Found 3rd May
Someone I've been spending some time with said this to me after 7 weeks?

It was driven by them, and I'm not sure how to take it?

Thoughts please??
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Cold!

Friend zone alert
Screw her sister.
The reason why you shouldn't take advice from male members on here. 33743296-NIsXw.jpg
68 Comments
Cold!

Friend zone alert
gcmarcal2 m ago

Cold! Friend zone alert

Yep, this!
Way to get blown off. Time to man up and move on. Plenty of keepers on pof (read broken individuals).
Screw her sister.
You're ugly?
33738137-Nz4Ag.jpg
Bitch slap her
Tell her the feeling is mutual.
Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 3rd May
OK so everyone has assumed you are a bloke and its a girl that told you this. True? Tell him/her that's cool 'cause you think of her/him as a brother/sister rather than a boyfriend/girlfriend. Should take no more than 24 hours for the stories about you and your loathsome habits to surface.

Alternatively, just rise above it and get laid elsewhere, preferably with his/her best friend and do a stellar job of the dirty deed. The stories will still surface but your version is already out there.
She likes the way you treat her/him but they don't really want to see you naked.
Hold on... I didn't say anything to them for them to say this. In fact it was initially just some fun when we started seeing each other a couple of months ago.

Since they have said this, they have become much more close and deleted all their dating apps etc... (I didn't request this, or have deleted mine).
When they got home after this, they texted to say, I hope what I said doesn't make you do a runner and that they really meant it and can't want to see me in future. Also used the words, onwards and upwards....

I actually took it as a positive, but was I wrong?
Chiptivo18 m ago

Hold on... I didn't say anything to them for them to say this. In fact it …Hold on... I didn't say anything to them for them to say this. In fact it was initially just some fun when we started seeing each other a couple of months ago. Since they have said this, they have become much more close and deleted all their dating apps etc... (I didn't request this, or have deleted mine). When they got home after this, they texted to say, I hope what I said doesn't make you do a runner and that they really meant it and can't want to see me in future. Also used the words, onwards and upwards....I actually took it as a positive, but was I wrong?

I think this person was just trying to figure out if you felt the same way by judging your response. Them saying I love you but I’m not in love could mean they either believe they are in love with you but are too scared to say they are or they are falling for you and hope the feeling is mutual. If you like this person and want to continue seeing them you can either continue as you are but don’t bring it up or if it is brought up or you want to talk about it and you don’t quite feel the same way you could say something like “I enjoy spending time with you and would like to get to know you better so let’s just see how it goes” It can be as awkward or not as you want it to be.
Whatever you do don't ignore or treat this person badly. it will make he/she/it want to marry you!
I would interpret that as Your a decent match, but I am hedging my bets with another 2 potential bed mates who may be better or a clumsy attempt to test out how you feel without exposing themselves to being hurt too much.
Chiptivo1 h, 2 m ago

Hold on... I didn't say anything to them for them to say this. In fact it …Hold on... I didn't say anything to them for them to say this. In fact it was initially just some fun when we started seeing each other a couple of months ago. Since they have said this, they have become much more close and deleted all their dating apps etc... (I didn't request this, or have deleted mine). When they got home after this, they texted to say, I hope what I said doesn't make you do a runner and that they really meant it and can't want to see me in future. Also used the words, onwards and upwards....I actually took it as a positive, but was I wrong?

Would you still want to be friends with them if you weren’t dating?

If so, just keep on chatting, meeting up, doing whatever you were doing before etc and see how it goes.

I think sometimes people think too much, but what you really need to do is see how it goes and what feels right.

If you get into the friend zone, and you enjoy their company, that’s still a good place to be in even if you want more. At some point in the future you’ll move onto another girlfriend but you’ll also have a friend too, and friends are important too. Guys and girls can be friends without sexual tension.

I’d just stop trying to work out what’s going on in her head and just see what happens.
Love Hurts
MiniMissyMoo51 m ago

I think this person was just trying to figure out if you felt the same way …I think this person was just trying to figure out if you felt the same way by judging your response. Them saying I love you but I’m not in love could mean they either believe they are in love with you but are too scared to say they are or they are falling for you and hope the feeling is mutual. If you like this person and want to continue seeing them you can either continue as you are but don’t bring it up or if it is brought up or you want to talk about it and you don’t quite feel the same way you could say something like “I enjoy spending time with you and would like to get to know you better so let’s just see how it goes” It can be as awkward or not as you want it to be.

It was this (above), I was just surprised by the replies on here.
Just had a quick chat with them and they have confirmed it was a very positive step for us.
I didn't immediately respond on the night in question with the same/similar back as I didn't want it to seem forced, or fake in response. Because of my lack of return, they then said "Is this where you shizzle* yourself and do a runner" or something like that.
It's a positive, I'm sure of it.
They sound too complicated.
Chiptivo16 m ago

..... Because of my lack of return, they then said "Is this where you …..... Because of my lack of return, they then said "Is this where you shizzle* yourself .....

Are you dating Snoop Dogg?

33738905-sIyvR.jpg
Saturn12 m ago

Are you dating Snoop Dogg? [Image]

Or one of the Wayans Brothers in drag.

33738982-ZAV7T.jpg

OP, pull at her hair and face to be sure.
HSG111 m ago

How ?;)

Chiptivo1 h, 10 m ago

It was this (above), I was just surprised by the replies on here. Just had …It was this (above), I was just surprised by the replies on here. Just had a quick chat with them and they have confirmed it was a very positive step for us. I didn't immediately respond on the night in question with the same/similar back as I didn't want it to seem forced, or fake in response. Because of my lack of return, they then said "Is this where you shizzle* yourself and do a runner" or something like that. It's a positive, I'm sure of it.

Hope it all works out for you guys. I met my now husband on Bebo of all places, that was 9 years ago now.
brilly37 m ago

lube up!

Filth.

You're disgusting.
summerof7642 m ago

Umm.. umm
deeky48 m ago

Filth.You're disgusting.

deeky48 m ago

Filth.You're disgusting.

Slippery more like
She wants to save you for about 5-10 years time when shes hit the wall.
deleted568030
Do you expect to be in love with someone after seeing them for 7 weeks???

Surely they can love the you they have come to know up to now, but to "be in love" takes longer than 7 weeks.

Take it as a positive, it's something to build on.
MiniMissyMoo1 h, 53 m ago

Hope it all works out for you guys. I met my now husband on Bebo of all …Hope it all works out for you guys. I met my now husband on Bebo of all places, that was 9 years ago now.

Beebo ??

33739861-kqMrV.jpgwhat the chuff is bebo?
33739914-ozmfv.jpg
deleted5680303rd May

Do you expect to be in love with someone after seeing them for 7 weeks??? …Do you expect to be in love with someone after seeing them for 7 weeks??? Surely they can love the you they have come to know up to now, but to "be in love" takes longer than 7 weeks.Take it as a positive, it's something to build on.

Yes, I agree. It's the first time the "Love" word has ever been used. It was something they wanted to say to test the water I think.
It was sweet.
It’s all good, chill and enjoy slipping them one.
Someone told you they loved you
Great

Stop bleating and take a chill pill
Wongy11022 m ago

Someone told you they loved you Great Stop bleating and take a chill pill

It's been 13 years, it's a pretty important turning point in my life tbh.
Chiptivo8 m ago

It's been 13 years, it's a pretty important turning point in my life tbh.

Well good luck mate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants