Im on the t.v next week

i did tell a couple of people i would let them know

so friday, channel 4, 9pm

me and my sons funny shaped head

38 Comments

serious?

Brilliant I'll keep an eye out!

Original Poster

yeah embarrassing bodies, they paid for my son helmet as i wouldnt of been able to afford it

Not another "I'm starring in Lost" thread:-D

i saw that on the preview tonight

Original Poster

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs463.ash1/25422_10150168607575018_512125017_11661026_720231_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs521.ash1/30683_10150182584640018_512125017_12019385_1464502_n.jpg

little bits that were on the other shows

Original Poster

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs188.snc1/6300_255560305017_512125017_8230776_4765766_n.jpg
before helmet

after 3 months of wearing it
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs228.snc1/7530_286692580017_512125017_8859512_2893559_n.jpg

Awww cute babba, what's wrong with him ? he looks fine to me.

Banned

queenlush;8552799

he has an egg/cone head in the first photo. babyxxxx wouldn't the NHS pay for it?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kJb_i6hsgGo/SRSLI15BYFI/AAAAAAAAADI/3GA_aWW_f1w/s320/coneheads.jpg

queenlush;8552799

He has got a funny shaped head :roll:

queenlush;8552799

Im guessing funny shaped head? as per op.

Original Poster

flat on the one side at the back, and stuck out more on one side at the front

lumoruk;8552814

he has an egg/cone head in the first photo

not a very polite way of putting it.:whistling:

lumoruk;8552814

he has an egg/cone head in the first photo. babyxxxx wouldn't the NHS pay … he has an egg/cone head in the first photo. babyxxxx wouldn't the NHS pay for it?

C'mon you lot are either heartless or i have missed an in joke somewhere along the way.

that is brilliant op i watch it every week (sad i know but you do learn stuff!) glad to see how it worked for your son you must be so chuffed well done and good luck to your future health

Original Poster

[QUOTE=lumoruk;8552814]he has an egg/cone head in the first photo. babyxxxx wouldn't the NHS pay for it?QUOTE]

no chance, my daughter had them same thing i was told it would pop out, with her having long hair you can tell her head is flat at the back, nhs see it as cosmetic, even tho if it is really bad you'll have trouble finding bike helmets that fit your child, ears can be wonky so glasses wont fit properly

Original Poster

wulshaz;8552883

that is brilliant op i watch it every week (sad i know but you do learn … that is brilliant op i watch it every week (sad i know but you do learn stuff!) glad to see how it worked for your son you must be so chuffed well done and good luck to your future health

thank you :-D

Banned

babyxxxxx;8552885

no chance, my daughter had them same thing i was told it would pop out, … no chance, my daughter had them same thing i was told it would pop out, with her having long hair you can tell her head is flat at the back, nhs see it as cosmetic, even tho if it is really bad you'll have trouble finding bike helmets that fit your child, ears can be wonky so glasses wont fit properly

Well that's just stupid, they give girls boob jobs yet won't fix something that everyone can actually see :x

Awwww bless him, its marvellous how much difference there is already.

Were you embarrassed about it? Genuine question

sancho1983;8552969

Were you embarrassed about it? Genuine question

never worked out that show how there too embarassed too see a gp but dont mind being on tv and letting the whole of england knowing their ''embarassing bodies''
must just get paid for going on or get free treatment that would have been exspensive

I watched it once and some young bird got her ***** out

Edit= this swear filter who programs it ? its useless

Banned

babyxxxxx;8552885

no chance, my daughter had them same thing i was told it would pop out, … no chance, my daughter had them same thing i was told it would pop out, with her having long hair you can tell her head is flat at the back, nhs see it as cosmetic, even tho if it is really bad you'll have trouble finding bike helmets that fit your child, ears can be wonky so glasses wont fit properly

is it hereditary why did both your babies have the same condition? (feel free to ignore the question if you feel it is too personal)

JACKIT99;8553171

never worked out that show how there too embarassed too see a gp but dont … never worked out that show how there too embarassed too see a gp but dont mind being on tv and letting the whole of england knowing their ''embarassing bodies''must just get paid for going on or get free treatment that would have been exspensive

Oi! we get the show too up here in Scotland - its not just you lot you know!

OP - your son is a wee cutie. Glad you managed to get him the helmet. Will he need to get a new one every so often or is it adjustable? Was just reading last week about a couple in our local paper who couldn't afford one either for their son who has similar problem. They got a lot of donations after appealing to kind hearted folk.

edinburghnews.scotsman.com/hea….jp

Best of luck to you and your wee babbie :thumbsup:

Banned

wulshaz;8552883

that is brilliant op i watch it every week (sad i know but you do learn … that is brilliant op i watch it every week (sad i know but you do learn stuff!) glad to see how it worked for your son you must be so chuffed well done and good luck to your future health

+1

waterloo;8552819

He has got a funny shaped head :roll:

Not a " funny shaped head " an unusual shaped head.

There is nothing funny about it.

isnt this from when baby sleeps more on one side, my son has a slightly odd shaped head but not as drastic.

how much is a helmet and what does it do?

Original Poster

the reason i and others go on the show is to get the treatment the nhs wont pay for

i wasnt at all embarrassed by my son head but like i said i couldnt afford to pay for one myself

not sure why they both had the same condition, they were born with it, it could be when they traveled down the birth canal they got squashed up (can happen if thier there for too long), not enough fluid with themwhile i was pregnant, it normally happens to babies born very earily (well its more comon) as there skull is softer

they cost around £3000, they hold the head to give it chance to grown on the side where it hasnt, so where his head stuck out the helmet fitted him perfectly and where the head hadnt grown out there was a big gap in the helmet, every month had to go back and get the helmet reshapped

It is quite a common thing nowadays as baby sleep on there back, pressing on their soft heads.

my girls head is slightly flatter on one side but she has so much hair you can never tell, my boys head is fine as i made him sleep on his front whenever i could

Original Poster

magicbeans;8554495

isnt this from when baby sleeps more on one side, my son has a slightly … isnt this from when baby sleeps more on one side, my son has a slightly odd shaped head but not as drastic.how much is a helmet and what does it do?

my daughter started coming out using the goi goi baby pillows, i did try a sleep curve mattress but that didnt seem to do much, how old is he? as it can sort itself out, they say its more comon now as babies spend alot of time in car seats and on there backs, i think as mine both had it from birth is why it didnt sort itself out, i left it a little late as my son was 6months when he got the helmet the sooner you do it the better results

this might be a good read for you
ossur.co.uk/Pla…ing

my son had the first one, my daughter the second
http://www.londonorthotics.co.uk/londonorthotics/images/plagiocephaly-deformational-1.jpg

Original Poster

Tinkytayls;8554807

It is quite a common thing nowadays as baby sleep on there back, pressing … It is quite a common thing nowadays as baby sleep on there back, pressing on their soft heads. my girls head is slightly flatter on one side but she has so much hair you can never tell, my boys head is fine as i made him sleep on his front whenever i could

thats the thing with bradley he always slept on his front, its very weird as my friends little girl her head was really oddly shaped, she didn't buy or do anything and it sorted itself out

Original Poster

kaks26;8553305

Oi! we get the show too up here in Scotland - its not just you lot you … Oi! we get the show too up here in Scotland - its not just you lot you know! OP - your son is a wee cutie. Glad you managed to get him the helmet. Will he need to get a new one every so often or is it adjustable? Was just reading last week about a couple in our local paper who couldn't afford one either for their son who has similar problem. They got a lot of donations after appealing to kind hearted folk. http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/Cash-floods-in-to-help.6261570.jpBest of luck to you and your wee babbie :thumbsup:

yeah we went every month and they cut out more of the helmet if it gets too tight

Original Poster

Inactive;8553910

Not a " funny shaped head " an unusual shaped head.There is nothing funny … Not a " funny shaped head " an unusual shaped head.There is nothing funny about it.

well its fine now so i can say it used to look funny, but your right not the best way to put it his head was misshapen

Banned

Were they filming in the centre of Manchester?

i love that programme did you watch it last night really good:)

Original Poster

i traveled to birmingham to do the show, then leeds to get the helmet

Aww bless him & you can see the differance the 'helmet' has already made :thumbsup: x

Banned

babyxxxxx;8554883

i traveled to birmingham to do the show, then leeds to get the helmet

You were determined to get one then.

Great stuff :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …280968
    2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
    3. What is there free to do in your town?37
    4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions