Groups

im saving up for a new car ...

right, i dont want any body with sarcastic comments or useless comments i do actually need some help...

as i have just started my new job, worked out that im going to get an ok amount per month (no nothing like 5K per month or on like 300K per year like 'some users LOL'

i have got 2 cars in mind but i wanted to know which ones other people would think of the ideas...

as im 19 this month, i know the insurance is going to be A LOT because of the type of cars, but im going to be keeping this car for a while

the first car is a newish (2007) Vauxhall Astra VXR (not sure what colour probably flame red or jet black)

and the second one is a Mitsubishi Evo 8 (black)

whats your opinions on these 2 cars ?

Thanks people

101 Comments

Banned

not another wannabe boy racer *rolleyes*

lol i joke :-D

Original Poster

kapows;6785782

not another wannabe boy racer *rolleyes*lol i joke :-D

no not another boy racer lol i just like these two cars A LOT and i will be keeping it for a good few years

how about getting something smaller & cheaper to run for a while, to get your insurance no claims down as i shlould imagine the insurance is going to be very steep. or have you checked quotes out.

Original Poster

richp;6785797

how about getting something smaller & cheaper to run for a while, to get … how about getting something smaller & cheaper to run for a while, to get your insurance no claims down.

i've been driving almost 2 years, and as i said im going to be saving up for it so its not like its going to be in the next like 3 months, i already have something small, but its just got to that point its got boring.

Banned

dude insurance will kill ya - seriously, looking at those cars, at your age,

plus from all the people who have been quoted insuirance recenrly, it has gone up - even the ones who drive like angels and have 3 years no claims - insurance has gone up

Original Poster

kapows;6785805

dude insurance will kill ya - seriously, looking at those cars, at your … dude insurance will kill ya - seriously, looking at those cars, at your age, first time i presume?think about this

as i said mate, i've been driving almost 2 years, on my own insurance so i have no claims anyway

Banned

danny09;6785810

as i said mate, i've been driving almost 2 years, on my own insurance so … as i said mate, i've been driving almost 2 years, on my own insurance so i have no claims anyway

yeh i saw you say you been drivin 2 years i edited that post have a read tell us what you think

i still believe it would be a better idea to stick to a small car - plus you got winter months coming up you really dont wanna have to repair these motors during these months

(i am against vauxhalls of any kind tbh)

danny09;6785802

i've been driving almost 2 years, and as i said im going to be saving up … i've been driving almost 2 years, and as i said im going to be saving up for it so its not like its going to be in the next like 3 months, i already have something small, but its just got to that point its got boring.

thats fair enough.

it has to be the evo, you know when one of those are coming down the road & the other is errr a vauxhall !!!

Original Poster

kapows;6785820

yeh i saw you say you been drivin 2 years i edited that post have a read … yeh i saw you say you been drivin 2 years i edited that post have a read tell us what you thinki still believe it would be a better idea to stick to a small car - plus you got winter months coming up you really dont wanna have to repair these motors during these months (i am against vauxhalls of any kind tbh)

why you against vauxhalls ? and yeah i have said its not going to be to soon lol, i have to save up bearing in mind i am at college too, im going to be working 35 hours a week and im getting enough to put enough away each month to have it in the for-seeable future so yeah i know the insurance is going to kill me, but thats why im going to save up even more before i buy the car, and trade mine in lol

Original Poster

richp;6785832

thats fair enough. it has to be the evo, you know when one of those are … thats fair enough. it has to be the evo, you know when one of those are coming down the road & the other is errr a vauxhall !!!

yeah i know what you mean lol, i have always loved the evo's i was thinking toyota supra V12 supercharged (like out of 2 fast 2 furous, my dream car lol) but that is just tooooooooooooooo much lol

Banned

danny09;6785833

why you against vauxhalls ? and yeah i have said its not going to be to … why you against vauxhalls ? and yeah i have said its not going to be to soon lol, i have to save up bearing in mind i am at college too, im going to be working 35 hours a week and im getting enough to put enough away each month to have it in the for-seeable future so yeah i know the insurance is going to kill me, but thats why im going to save up even more before i buy the car, and trade mine in lol

vauxhall
    peugoet

dreadful. utter tripe. they are problem cars

others i dont like much

fiat
    citreon
    cant remember them all now lol

hey if its for later then yep...save up!! go for the evo :thumbsup:

the first car is a newish (2007) Vauxhall Astra VXR (not sure what colour … the first car is a newish (2007) Vauxhall Astra VXR (not sure what colour probably flame red or jet black)and the second one is a Mitsubishi Evo 8 (black)

as im 19 this month,

i lold.

get insuranced on you mom/dads car

ppl can get insurance on evo 8's at 19?????

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6785862

i lold.get insuranced on you mom/dads car

got insurance for your typist job too ?

JayIce;6785864

yeah, i know 2 people that have evo 8's at 19

JayIce;6785864

no
    danny09;6785871

got insurance for your typist job too ?yeah, i know 2 people that have … got insurance for your typist job too ?yeah, i know 2 people that have evo 8's at 19

im an actor, @ 19, if you did buy one of them cars. im going to say about 25/50% of your wage packet PA will go on the car alone

well the Vauxhall is more suited for someone your age in terms of looks.I don't like the second one.Eww I can't stand spoilers!Gives me the creeps!

LOL guarantee you wont get either car.

If you do, your entire wages will be spent on running the car and paying off the loan

danny09;6785871

got insurance for your typist job too ?yeah, i know 2 people that have … got insurance for your typist job too ?yeah, i know 2 people that have evo 8's at 19

WOW, 16 years ago you had to be 21 to insure a mk5 cortina 2.1s!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

Chidda;6785875

LOL guarantee you wont get either car.If you do, your entire wages will … LOL guarantee you wont get either car.If you do, your entire wages will be spent on running the car and paying off the loan

i bet you it wont, and i wont be taking out a loan either

black gerbil1;6785873

noim an actor, @ 19, if you did buy one of them cars. im going to say … noim an actor, @ 19, if you did buy one of them cars. im going to say about 25/50% of your wage packet PA will go on the car alone

you going to answer my question ? as your a typist i thought your opinion would matter :lol:!!!!!!!!!

im not living in no fantasy world, this is REAL life questions not something like, should i go to nasa and ask them to take me to the moon for 150K which i will give them in cash :lol:

Original Poster

JayIce;6785883

WOW, 16 years ago you had to be 21 to insure a mk5 cortina 2.1s!!!!!!!!!

yeah thats 16 years ago lol insurers change lol

dunno if your interested mate and what price your looking at and where your based, but my 56 reg 1.4 ford fiesta freedom in black is up for sale, nice low insurance group to....

danny09;6785886

i bet you it wont, and i wont be taking out a loan either :)you going to … i bet you it wont, and i wont be taking out a loan either :)you going to answer my question ? as your a typist i thought your opinion would matter :lol:!!!!!!!!!im not living in no fantasy world, this is REAL life questions not something like, should i go to nasa and ask them to take me to the moon for 150K which i will give them in cash :lol:

how much do you earn PA?from there we can find a more suitable car for someone your age.
    Chidda;6785875

LOL guarantee you wont get either car.If you do, your entire wages will … LOL guarantee you wont get either car.If you do, your entire wages will be spent on running the car and paying off the loan

that.

Original Poster

dutch_courage;6785893

dunno if your interested mate and what price your looking at and where … dunno if your interested mate and what price your looking at and where your based, but my 56 reg 1.4 ford fiesta freedom in black is up for sale, nice low insurance group to....

got a 1.3 fiesta mate, want something quite a bit quicker tbh

black gerbil1;6785897

how much do you earn PA?that.

how much you earn as a typist ?

Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but I gave up on that and Im glad. Heed the advice your getting, I will guarantee you will regret this if you go forward with it, most of your savings and everything else will go on cost of car and running costs. Buy a practical car, tell me why do you need a powerful car like that for? When there is speed cameras everywhere. Re-think and I mean seriously re-think your options. On top of that insurance for those cars will be quite pricey, my quote for a 57 reg vectra vxr was 5.5k.

[QUOTE=danny09;6785907]got a 1.3 fiesta mate, want something quite a bit quicker tbh

no worries mate good luck with your find

PraxxtorCruel;6785911

Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but … Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but I gave up on that and Im glad. Heed the advice your getting, I will guarantee you will regret this if you go forward with it, most of your savings and everything else will go on cost of car and running costs. Buy a practical car, tell me why do you need a powerful car like that for? When there is speed cameras everywhere. Re-think and I mean seriously re-think your options. On top of that insurance for those cars will be quite pricey, my quote for a 57 reg vectra vxr was 5.5k.

well said!

Original Poster

PraxxtorCruel;6785911

Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but … Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but I gave up on that and Im glad. Heed the advice your getting, I will guarantee you will regret this if you go forward with it, most of your savings and everything else will go on cost of car and running costs. Buy a practical car, tell me why do you need a powerful car like that for? When there is speed cameras everywhere. Re-think and I mean seriously re-think your options.

i want this type of car because im going to be keeping it for a good few years, going to be putting quite a few miles on it, yes it will be expensive, but totally worth it, and i dont need people in here like BG1 who is an imaginary millionaire who is actually a typist (yes i have proof) trying to be a complete .........., i have been thinking a lot about it, in fact i've been thinking over the past 2 months about it, i wont be taking out a loan or using my parents or nothing, i have enough in my savings and i have enough in what im going to earn to be able to run it for a good time.

Original Poster

dutch_courage;6785916

no worries mate good luck with your find

cheers bud, im not too far from you (if your from east london anyway lol)

danny09;6785907

got a 1.3 fiesta mate, want something quite a bit quicker tbhhow much you … got a 1.3 fiesta mate, want something quite a bit quicker tbhhow much you earn as a typist ?

cant remember only worked there a day or so
    PraxxtorCruel;6785911

Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but … Trust me, im the same as you 19 of age, wanted a vectra vxr or an evo but I gave up on that and Im glad. Heed the advice your getting, I will guarantee you will regret this if you go forward with it, most of your savings and everything else will go on cost of car and running costs. Buy a practical car, tell me why do you need a powerful car like that for? When there is speed cameras everywhere. Re-think and I mean seriously re-think your options. On top of that insurance for those cars will be quite pricey, my quote for a 57 reg vectra vxr was 5.5k.

kids are so naive these days, op should get a new mirca/clio until they are over 21+

danny09;6785891

yeah thats 16 years ago lol insurers change lol

really? wow u really ARE 19 aren't you!

...and usually insurers get worse, not better!

i was wondering if maybe i shud get the moller skycar? or mebbe hang on for sir bransons edge of the atmosphere jet? :thinking:

hehe j/k

I passed my test before you could walk. lol. Don't do it............cars are a waste of money. I've had a few Cosworths and various quick cars but at the end of the day they are pointless. People honestly don't look and think 'wow.........cool'.........they think 'wow......what a *****' :lol:

Spend your money on something more worthwhile like travelling.

danny09;6785931

i want this type of car because im going to be keeping it for a good few … i want this type of car because im going to be keeping it for a good few years, going to be putting quite a few miles on it, yes it will be expensive, but totally worth it, and i dont need people in here like BG1 who is an imaginary millionaire who is actually a typist (yes i have proof) trying to be a complete .........., i have been thinking a lot about it, in fact i've been thinking over the past 2 months about it, i wont be taking out a loan or using my parents or nothing, i have enough in my savings and i have enough in what im going to earn to be able to run it for a good time.

Haha you sound exactly like me, I kept telling my parents I have saved enough over my life time and Im gonna buy it and keep it for years to come. Honestly man don't buy those cars. I just can't stress how annoyed you will feel after for paying so much.

Original Poster

Syzable;6785937

I passed my test before you could walk. lol. Don't do it............cars … I passed my test before you could walk. lol. Don't do it............cars are a waste of money. I've had a few Cosworths and various quick cars but at the end of the day they are pointless. People honestly don't look and think 'wow.........cool'.........they think 'wow......what a *****' :lol:Spend your money on something more worthwhile like travelling.

LOL you always have to have your input dont you Sy ;-) lol

yeah i am going to be doing some travelling (but thats not till i have finished ND at college, then doing my HND and then uni lol so its not for a while yet lol)

Jumping from a Fiesta to an Evo / VXR is a big mistake in my view, especially at your age. You say you are saving up to pay for the insurance, and that is fair enough but how do you plan on paying the following years insurance when you have already used your savings, and your outgoings are going to be higher as you are running a more expensive car (not just fuel - think services, brake pads, tyres, everything is more expensive).

Original Poster

PraxxtorCruel;6785947

Haha you sound exactly like me, I kept telling my parents I have said … Haha you sound exactly like me, I kept telling my parents I have said enough over my life time and Im gonna buy it and keep it for years to come. Honestly man don't buy those cars. I just can't stress how annoyed you will feel after for paying so much.

trust me i wont lol, i have drove my mates evo 8 and it was lushhhhh lol its just as im going to be using the car for business (when i finish my courses) so i will be keeping it for a good amount of time.

PMSL:w00t:

you'd be wasting a hell of a lot of money, you want maximum no claims and a few more years in age then get one of these cars, your talking minimum 3k insurance, assuming you can get it that is. As for saying you plan to keep it a few years blah blah, that just means you'll be wasting more money, it will not make it worthwhile.

danny09;6785933

cheers bud, im not too far from you (if your from east london anyway lol)

se london, croydon infact lol, i suppose if there is something you want in life there is times when you should just reach out and grab it, we only live once aye :whistling: good luck to ya mate

Original Poster

cosmicdav3;6785951

Jumping from a Fiesta to an Evo / VXR is a big mistake in my view, … Jumping from a Fiesta to an Evo / VXR is a big mistake in my view, especially at your age. You say you are saving up to pay for the insurance, and that is fair enough but how do you plan on paying the following years insurance when you have already used your savings, and your outgoings are going to be higher as you are running a more expensive car (not just fuel - think services, brake pads, tyres, everything is more expensive).

yes everything like that i've thought about, especially as i get all my parts at trade so it works out cheaper than what it normally would be. Yeah fuel is expensive and so is insurnace, but thats why i will be working during the year and not taking time out and i will be saving up for that as well whilst im working and using the car.

Original Poster

juiceblaster;6785958

PMSL:w00t:you'd be wasting a hell of a lot of money, you want maximum no … PMSL:w00t:you'd be wasting a hell of a lot of money, you want maximum no claims and a few more years in age then get one of these cars, your talking minimum 3k insurance, assuming you can get it that is. As for saying you plan to keep it a few years blah blah, that just means you'll be wasting more money, it will not make it worthwhile.

how about, you just dont post in this thread ? i think that sounds more than a GREAT idea, when i asked for help not to be slated...

danny09;6785953

using the car for business (when i finish my courses) so i will be … using the car for business (when i finish my courses) so i will be keeping it for a good amount of time.

Using it for business too - then your insurance will definately go up as you have to pay more for business use.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2952
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?26120
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891718
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24107

See more discussions