Expired

i'm sick to the back teeth of my neighbour...

99 replies
Found 16th Sep 2009
parking his works van in the parking bay right bang in front of my window when he has ample space on his drive for three cars!!!!
is there a complaints procedure or who do i talk to about it?
we are all privately owned houses and i know the parking bay for all to use but my title deeds state no works vans to be parked in bays!

92 Comments

What was his response when you asked him not to park there in future?

just park your car there to wind him up

Original Poster

havnt actually said anything to him about the parking, dont want to cause any bad feeling

Just mention the rules to him he may not know them

ask him to move it, thts all you can do

dean3988;6308090

just park your car there to wind him up

Park your car there ........... ?

Banned

alfie and harrys mum;6308114

havnt actually said anything to him about the parking, dont want to cause … havnt actually said anything to him about the parking, dont want to cause any bad feeling

and reporting him wont cause that

alfie and harrys mum;6308114

havnt actually said anything to him about the parking, dont want to cause … havnt actually said anything to him about the parking, dont want to cause any bad feeling

So you'd rather go and put in an official complaint, rather than ask him not to park there? :thinking:

Which one do you think would cause bad feeling !

Original Poster

sassie;6308126

and reporting him wont cause that

anonymity sassie :thumbsup:

alfie and harrys mum;6308137

Why would someone else compain about him parking infront of your windows :thinking:
Hardly rocket science to work out who complained.

Original Poster

yeah never thought about that duh!!

Banned

alfie and harrys mum;6308137

think the decent thing to do is ask him not to park there, does it block your light? never seen a house with a parking bay for others right outside their window

sassie;6308159

never seen a house with a parking bay for others right outside their … never seen a house with a parking bay for others right outside their window

This thread is useless without pics.

we need pics yes.

If he is parking on your private property, ie your land/driveway he is breaking the law and you can call the police.

If this does nothing, you could always park on the street blocking his van? Play innocent of course, but in passing, asking why he is parking on your private property?

Original Poster

im in a detached my next neighbour is the same and in front of both our two houses there is a bay for parking, neighbours hubby parks his works van and so does neighbour from three houses away, my hubby has to park on the street.

If its a parking bay on a public road or road maintained by the council than anyone can park anything there as long as its taxed, mot'd and has insurance.

If its a private estate and the company that owns the estate maintains the roads and its a private road then whoever owns the road can say who can and cannot park there, contact the owner of the road.

jellybaby22;6308201

tell him to move his van ..if he doesnt.... put a brick through the … tell him to move his van ..if he doesnt.... put a brick through the window of his car..( on his driveway..) thats how I would solve it....

Very clever,- NOT. criminal damage and possibly a visit from police to you for inciting a criminal act

Original Poster

jellybaby22;6308201

tell him to move his van ..if he doesnt.... put a brick through the … tell him to move his van ..if he doesnt.... put a brick through the window of his car..( on his driveway..) thats how I would solve it....

bit extreme for an expectant mummy ~ hormones are a raging me thinks!!

Banned

im totally lost, does this person live in a mansion? he has a driveway for three cars and you have no driveway, but a bay for other cars under your window, or do you mean across the road

karenhornby;6308221

Very clever,- NOT. criminal damage and possibly a visit from police to … Very clever,- NOT. criminal damage and possibly a visit from police to you for inciting a criminal act

But he wouldn't park there again though :lol:

Banned

is it purely peeing you off course it says no works vehicles to be parked there, or another reason?

Shengis;6308174

This thread is useless without pics.

agreed

Original Poster

sassie;6308241

im totally lost, does this person live in a mansion? he has a driveway … im totally lost, does this person live in a mansion? he has a driveway for three cars and you have no driveway, but a bay for other cars under your window, or do you mean across the road

sassie love its not rocket science!
my house has a drive for one car, neighbour has drive for one, in front of our two houses there is a visitors parking bay, this is where other neighbour three houses away parks his works van, bang right in front of my house and lounge window.

Is it the councils responsibility if your deeds state no works vans to be parked there?

(This is an general question not purely about the OP)

Banned

so as long as you can see it, you class as it right bang in front your window, its hardly rocket science to walk out and ask him not to and give him the reasons, although saying because it says so on my deeds seems a little childish

slash his tires

alfie and harrys mum;6308268

sassie love its not rocket science!my house has a drive for one car, … sassie love its not rocket science!my house has a drive for one car, neighbour has drive for one, in front of our two houses there is a visitors parking bay, this is where other neighbour three houses away parks his works van, bang right in front of my house and lounge window.

parking his works van in the parking bay right bang in front of my window … parking his works van in the parking bay right bang in front of my window when he has ample space on his drive for three cars!!!!

WTF???!!??

alfie and harrys mum;6308268

sassie love its not rocket science!my house has a drive for one car, … sassie love its not rocket science!my house has a drive for one car, neighbour has drive for one, in front of our two houses there is a visitors parking bay, this is where other neighbour three houses away parks his works van, bang right in front of my house and lounge window.

How does your (next door) neighbour feel about the van being parked there? And how far in front of you house is the van... right outside your window, or at the end of your front garden/drive?

Shengis;6308300

WTF???!!??

women and measurements eh? :roll:

jellybaby22;6308298

sounds similar to my house...... my neighbour parked his van and trailer … sounds similar to my house...... my neighbour parked his van and trailer there...it blocked out the light to mine and my neighbours sitting rooms....not to mention it was an eye sore.....try the council..they wrote everyone in our street a letter telling us works vans/trailers should not be parked in the bays....

and.....you can't leave us in suspense like that.

Shengis;6308300

WTF???!!??

I think the neighbour three doors away (who owns the van) has the larger drive

Banned

midlandscomics;6308313

I think the neighbour three doors away (who owns the van) has the larger … I think the neighbour three doors away (who owns the van) has the larger drive

lmfao

greg_68;6308312

and.....you can't leave us in suspense like that.

:lol:

its parked in a public parking bay, u cant do **** about it excpet asking him to move it

Banned

micoo;6308337

its parked in a public parking bay, u cant do **** about it excpet asking … its parked in a public parking bay, u cant do **** about it excpet asking him to move it

they can, cause it says so on the deeds

I had a similar issue a few years ago when I was renting a house and had no drive way. The house opposite had a driveway and used to park his car there and a BG van right outside my house. I spoke to him nicely one day and his response was - I have been parking here for years...

Some people are just jokers and very inconsiderate. I just ended up asking my manager to start a little early and finish early and got home before he did but the fool would wait for me to go anywhere and he would actually come out to move his van back infront of my house! Felt like throwing a brick through... but didnt.

In my case I just ended up moving house and made sure that the house I bought had a drive way.

Best thing to do in your case would be to speak to them nicely... Best of luck

sassie;6308345

If it's a shared bay between two/three houses then they could put this on the deeds, but surely if it's a 'public' space no restrictions could be placed on it :?

sassie;6308345

thts some crazy deeds then, but if i worked at the place where you report this stuff to and someone phoned up complaining about someone parking their van in a public parking bay, id laugh in their face and hang up :thumbsup:

(not in a particularly good mood today as u can tell :lol:)

micoo;6308337

its parked in a public parking bay, u cant do **** about it excpet asking … its parked in a public parking bay, u cant do **** about it excpet asking him to move it

clarification if it's public highway/pavement/parking or private property would be nice, my assumption was private property though... and hence illegally parked, police can be called, personally i;d just block it in completely.

Why don't u try leaving a note on his windscreen asking him politely not to park there if u don't feel able to talk to him.x
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Building a PC Need Help!611
    2. School shoes - with lights11
    3. Driving anxiety.1518
    4. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?65

See more discussions