Groups

I'm so annoyed!!

just checked my bank account online & there were 2 payments of £15 each that went out of my bank account on 25th to O2(UK) prepay & i'm with virgin!!! Phoned my bank & they are doing a fraud case now on those transactions & have to wait 7-10 days to get my money back!!
    thought i'd be careful & transfer the rest of my money into our joint account but accidentally transfered it into my son's savers account which isn't showing the money i transfered available :$ so not a good day here :-(

32 Comments

starsparkle2311;6134663

Those pesky O2 scammers got £30 out of my account too.

And me:x

I think it was something to do with buying online from the Carphone Warehouse at the time:w00t:

This happened to me too a few months ago but I had 2 x £30 taken out! I had to wait almost a month to get my money back!

My Barclaycard was used a few times over the weekend. Barclaycard picked up that they were false transactions and didnt allow them to the account. They've cancelled the card and are sending a replacement... God knows how someone got the long number off the front but they didnt have the pin at least.

Original Poster

& now my internet connection is playing up again :-(
    the money has now shown up in my son's account & have managed to transfer to our joint account now:)
    so you reckon it's the carphonewarehouse?

Original Poster

snowtiger;6134700

This happened to me too a few months ago but I had 2 x £30 taken out! I … This happened to me too a few months ago but I had 2 x £30 taken out! I had to wait almost a month to get my money back!

oh no :-( i guess at least mine was half of what yours was so i should count myself lucky

nothings happened to be but thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Original Poster

my new card arrived yesterday so at least that card number won't be able to be used now :lol: although i'll now have to memorise that one for my hukd bargains :roll::lol:

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;6134663

Those pesky O2 scammers got £30 out of my account too.

deb8z;6134676

And me:xI think it was something to do with buying online from the … And me:xI think it was something to do with buying online from the Carphone Warehouse at the time:w00t:

were they both this week too?

cheerleader;6134775

oh no :-( i guess at least mine was half of what yours was so i should … oh no :-( i guess at least mine was half of what yours was so i should count myself lucky

:friends: Hope it gets sorted quickly for you x

cheerleader;6134834

were they both this week too?

Mine was a long time ago,but the card i used at the time i hadn't used it anywhere else,i Googled and found lots of other people saying they thought their card details were used fraudulently after dealing with the Carphone Warehouse:roll:

Original Poster

deb8z;6134908

Mine was a long time ago,but the card i used at the time i hadn't used it … Mine was a long time ago,but the card i used at the time i hadn't used it anywhere else,i Googled and found lots of other people saying they thought their card details were used fraudulently after dealing with the Carphone Warehouse:roll:

i ordered an out of stock bluetooth kit ages ago & was sent an email saying as soon as they had stock they would send but have never received or been charged for it so they would have my details from that :?

I have been scammed a couple of times.

A card was cloned once from a petrol station.

The best was last year when some person bought a return flight from Spain to Italy.

I noticed just after the first flight was taken. The return ticket was then cancelled.

Imagine the look on their face when they went to check in after their 2 week holiday.

O2 are well known to be an easy hit for card cloners. my daughter was hit twice on 2 different cards

liveforfree;6135000

I have been scammed a couple of times.A card was cloned once from a … I have been scammed a couple of times.A card was cloned once from a petrol station.The best was last year when some person bought a return flight from Spain to Italy.I noticed just after the first flight was taken. The return ticket was then cancelled.Imagine the look on their face when they went to check in after their 2 week holiday.

lol!

payback :whistling:;-)

deb8z;6134908

Mine was a long time ago,but the card i used at the time i hadn't used it … Mine was a long time ago,but the card i used at the time i hadn't used it anywhere else,i Googled and found lots of other people saying they thought their card details were used fraudulently after dealing with the Carphone Warehouse:roll:

Talk Talk are part of same group. Does that mean there stuff is insecure as well? Anyone know?

starsparkle2311;6135075

No mine was a few month back, others on here got done at the same time … No mine was a few month back, others on here got done at the same time too.Not sure which company, but I know when it happened to me last year it was because I'd ordered from ShopTo

I have a feeling mine was because of Shopto as well :w00t:
    Have they been reported?

Banned

ClarityofMind;6134717

My Barclaycard was used a few times over the weekend. Barclaycard picked … My Barclaycard was used a few times over the weekend. Barclaycard picked up that they were false transactions and didnt allow them to the account. They've cancelled the card and are sending a replacement... God knows how someone got the long number off the front but they didnt have the pin at least.

Thats funny, my barclaycard has been cloned/used/whatever over the weekend as well!

vibeone;6135146

Thats funny, my barclaycard has been cloned/used/whatever over the … Thats funny, my barclaycard has been cloned/used/whatever over the weekend as well!

oh hush no it hasnt victor meldrew you

Banned

ClarityofMind;6135193

oh hush no it hasnt victor meldrew you

no really it has - but I have several cards so its no biggy.

Some random company in america for about £1.50 (Test I assume), then ryanair tickets!

vibeone;6135270

no really it has - but I have several cards so its no biggy.Some random … no really it has - but I have several cards so its no biggy.Some random company in america for about £1.50 (Test I assume), then ryanair tickets!

The small amount that came first... they seem to always do that just to test it...

God knows how someone got my number, I have a couple of other cards but not oodles of them, but its not like I cant live without barclays for a couple of weeks :roll:

deb8z;6134908

[FONT=Verdana]That's not good as I used my credit card to buy a phone from Carphone Warehouse but it was instore rather than online...mmm, I'll need to check it out tonight when I get home.

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

liveforfree;6135000

I have been scammed a couple of times.A card was cloned once from a … I have been scammed a couple of times.A card was cloned once from a petrol station.The best was last year when some person bought a return flight from Spain to Italy.I noticed just after the first flight was taken. The return ticket was then cancelled.Imagine the look on their face when they went to check in after their 2 week holiday.

[FONT=Verdana]Get it right up them I say! :whistling:

Cheers, Scotty Boy! :thumbsup:[/FONT]

This is interesting.... I have recently ordered over the phone with carphone warehouse. Last week my bank called to ask about some suspicious transactions to T Mobile. Never used them, always been with o2. Pesky theives!!! Is all the more annoying because it was about 50 quid for phone top ups, I mean what flipping use is that in the world? Maybe they needed the credit to talk with the other crooks out there???

My credit card was hit for a £30 Vodaphone top up the 1st day then £700 for Eurocar the 2nd day but luckily my bank stopped all transactions on the card.

Original Poster

well after reading all of this thread i'm glad i've transferred the rest of my money into my other account for now

What was worse at the the time,Halifax were supposed to have cancelled said CC and they didn't and i hadn't realised,a week or so later another o2 top up appeared on my online banking:x

One £30 and one £50 on 02 for me, then £20 and £20 on vodaphone. Grrr

Mallinersha;6139449

One £30 and one £50 on 02 for me, then £20 and £20 on vodaphone. Grrr

you finally have rep lol!!

ClarityofMind;6139481

you finally have rep lol!!

Ah yes, thanks a lot

mod

Unexpired

Original Poster

andywedge;6140536

Unexpired

thanks andy :thumbsup: would be interesting to know how many others have had this happen to them as well

I had £80 taken out of my bank account a few months back, via £30/£30/£20 increments for O2 and Vodafone top ups. Got the money back straight away thankfully, maybe it was via a Shopto connection, or maybe having an O2 contract - as their are rumours about O2.

Anyway, went to log in to my eBay account on Sunday and I couldn't access it, someone had hacked into my eBay account and changed the password. Then they listed 2 lots of nearly £850-£900 in supermarket vouchers(Asda/Sainsburys).... then logged into my Paypal account to find that was also hacked and a third party was trying to use it to send themselves the money.

Regained control of both accounts, eBay deleted the 2 fraudulent listings(and £85 fees!) and Paypal are reviewing my account as per my request that they take the £850 back(one was thankfuly reversed by the buyer).

I'm near paranoid about it happening again - every time I log in to my bank account/eBay/Paypal:-(
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532116
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions