Im thinking about swapping my PS4 for an Xbox One ?

Found 29th Jan 2015
Should I go ahead with the swap , Im not sure and would like some others opinions , ive got bored of the ps4 and am looking for a change ..

89 Comments

Ive got both systems. There is a huge layer of dust on the PS4. Really think its over-rated (imo) and much prefer the Xbone.

Either way, add a WiiU to mix up the action! I have access to a PC as well as Xbox and its really been a good break!

groenleader

Either way, add a WiiU to mix up the action! I have access to a PC as … Either way, add a WiiU to mix up the action! I have access to a PC as well as Xbox and its really been a good break!

If your bored with the ps you'll likely be bored with the xb, but as the man above says, some great cheap fun with the wii u

Original Poster

it's just swapping to a friend and he's only got an xbone , I was just wondering is there any much of a difference

Ciarzo

it's just swapping to a friend and he's only got an xbone , I was just … it's just swapping to a friend and he's only got an xbone , I was just wondering is there any much of a difference

You need to ask yourself what specifically is motivating you to consider swapping. Have you looked at a list of upcoming games for each system?

I'd also add my support to the suggestions above - if you want something to provide you with a different console gaming experience, get yourself a Wii U.

If only swap if there were Xbox exclusives you were desperate to play or your friends were on it. But before you make a costly swap, remember these two words: Naughty and Dog

Not much between them really at the moment, Xbox has better exclusives atm and live gaming imo but the PS4 is potentially more powerful.

Not much value difference either.

I've got an Xbox one because that was available when the PS4 was out of stock near release day, Bit of a compulsive buy but happy with it and the fact Tomb Raider is going to be an exclusive.

I would of been gutted had that been the other way around.

Also to note that when Windows 10 arrives then their might be some big pluses for the Xbox one with live streaming to your Windows 10 pc etc..

Future seems to favour the Xbox one but that doesn't mean it's a better console for you.

shauneco

Not much between them really at the moment, Xbox has better exclusives … Not much between them really at the moment, Xbox has better exclusives atm and live gaming imo but the PS4 is potentially more powerful.Not much value difference either.I've got an Xbox one because that was available when the PS4 was out of stock near release day, Bit of a compulsive buy but happy with it and the fact Tomb Raider is going to be an exclusive.I would of been gutted had that been the other way around.Also to note that when Windows 10 arrives then their might be some big pluses for the Xbox one with live streaming to your Windows 10 pc etc.. Future seems to favour the Xbox one but that doesn't mean it's a better console for you.

Do bear in mind that Rise of the Tomb Raider is likely just a timed exclusive for Xbox One. I'd personally dispute the "future seem[img] to favour the Xbox One" - each console has (and will have) its own specific strengths/weaknesses. The PS4 has the likes of SharePlay and (soon) PS Now, for example, whereas the Xbox One has Kinect, TV integration, etc.

The main difference is the racing games, Xbox one wipes the floor with PS4 currently and will continue to do so even when GT7 is released.
Kinect is practically dead and who uses share play?
Both specs are almost similar with the xbox one getting a slight boost as its now able to access a higher percentage of a CPU core originally reserved for kinect.
The main reason comes down to which exclusive games you prefer for each console.
Edited by: "DarkReborn11" 30th Jan 2015

Original Poster

I'm a racing fanatic myself I'm just looking a change I think , I want to know what the Xbox one is capable of .. I also like the idea of the legends mode on Fifa on Xbox

I plan to buy both at some point but current pricing and range of games puts me off. The PS4 is more powerful though no question its just like the old 360 and PS3 days where developers try to achieve similar results on both consoles. In the old days it was the 360 that was easier to develop for and get great results, this generation it is the ps4 and Microsoft keep pushing developers to push for equality.

If the games you prefer/want are on xbox one no question go that route and ditch the ps4 though. Playing the games is what its all about.

I am sorry. Xbox is not for me. I will stick with the PS4 as the monthly free games we get for that and the PS3 are great. And the Ps4 has a camera which is the exact same as Kinect and voice recognition software also for movies etc. I am not a fan of racing games, so this machine is not a pull for me. Ps4 is cheaper and more powerful all round and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player inside the machine. And that massive controller the Xbox has is a joke and I never got used to the feeling of it. So, my advice is to stick with the PS4 because of games like Uncharted 4 which will be groundbreaking.

Dominatez

I am sorry. Xbox is not for me. I will stick with the PS4 as the monthly … I am sorry. Xbox is not for me. I will stick with the PS4 as the monthly free games we get for that and the PS3 are great. And the Ps4 has a camera which is the exact same as Kinect and voice recognition software also for movies etc. I am not a fan of racing games, so this machine is not a pull for me. Ps4 is cheaper and more powerful all round and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player inside the machine. And that massive controller the Xbox has is a joke and I never got used to the feeling of it. So, my advice is to stick with the PS4 because of games like Uncharted 4 which will be groundbreaking.

100% impartial judgement.

Ask yourself why your friend wants to swap. Did your friend instigate the swap?

Dominatez

I am sorry. Xbox is not for me. I will stick with the PS4 as the monthly … I am sorry. Xbox is not for me. I will stick with the PS4 as the monthly free games we get for that and the PS3 are great. And the Ps4 has a camera which is the exact same as Kinect and voice recognition software also for movies etc. I am not a fan of racing games, so this machine is not a pull for me. Ps4 is cheaper and more powerful all round and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player inside the machine. And that massive controller the Xbox has is a joke and I never got used to the feeling of it. So, my advice is to stick with the PS4 because of games like Uncharted 4 which will be groundbreaking.

That sounds very convincing I must say...oO

What on earth has this sentence got to do with anything

"and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player … "and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player inside the machine."

I own both systems, and i have to say the XB1 gets more usage, which is a shame, because things feel better on PS4, the additional features, like kinect voice control, Snap to, Live TV it all makes for a better experience..

But we will see how things go, i am looking forward to Uncharted, Rime, No Mans Sky

I own a wiiu and have no interest in the other two, him indoors has a ps4 just looks like the same old stuff to me, he seems to mainly use it for the psn freebies and cross play with the vita, he buys pretty much everything for the vita, he wouldn't have bothered with ps4 if it wasn't for vita which is kind of ironic as they are killing off the vita now.

personally they both look as bad as each other, I guess Microsoft has the edge with the online, Sony are useless with online.

I say dump the PS4 and jump onto the XB1

J4GG4

Because you have a next gen console worth £300+ sitting gathering dust.

Yes son. I have a £300 console gathering dust. I also have a WiiU, Xbox 360 and PS3. Cant see what point you are getting at. I'll retype it for you once more. I have an Xbox One and a PS4 and the PS4 is sat there gathering dust. I can take a photo for you if it would help satisfy your disbelief??

stuarthanley

Yes son. I have a £300 console gathering dust. I also have a WiiU, … Yes son. I have a £300 console gathering dust. I also have a WiiU, Xbox 360 and PS3. Cant see what point you are getting at. I'll retype it for you once more. I have an Xbox One and a PS4 and the PS4 is sat there gathering dust. I can take a photo for you if it would help satisfy your disbelief??

Ever thought about selling it?

Or do you like the PS4 so much so that you like looking at its external lines,shape,form,structure.

Or simply do you keep it to post on threads to say you have a ps4 gathering dust

No point selling it. Their pre-owned value is ****-all and one day may use it when something good comes out on it. Maybe No Mans Sky or a new Uncharted. Is that a good enough answer for you flower?

stuarthanley

No point selling it. Their pre-owned value is ****-all and one day may … No point selling it. Their pre-owned value is ****-all and one day may use it when something good comes out on it. Maybe No Mans Sky or a new Uncharted. Is that a good enough answer for you flower?

Second hand value is pretty good, people still willing to pay over the odds for them. But if you want to keep it with no games gathering dust that is very believable

I remember a guy telling me once COD on the xbox360 was MUCH better than on the PS3. When i asked why, he said the attention to detail is much better. When i asked him to prove what he means. He zoomed in on his sniper to a poster on the wall and he said see you can make out what the poster says on the ps3 you cannot. So we did the same on the PS3 and it was exactly the same. He then said the xbox360 is just better.

Moral of the story is xbone fanboys exist everywhere.

J4GG4

Second hand value is pretty good, people still willing to pay over the … Second hand value is pretty good, people still willing to pay over the odds for them. But if you want to keep it with no games gathering dust that is very believable :)I remember a guy telling me once COD on the xbox360 was MUCH better than on the PS3. When i asked why, he said the attention to detail is much better. When i asked him to prove what he means. He zoomed in on his sniper to a poster on the wall and he said see you can make out what the poster says on the ps3 you cannot. So we did the same on the PS3 and it was exactly the same. He then said the xbox360 is just better.Moral of the story is xbone fanboys exist everywhere.

Brilliant story. Thanks for sharing. It'll keep me warm at night. PS fanboys exist too which is basically what you are sounding like.

stuarthanley

Brilliant story. Thanks for sharing. It'll keep me warm at night. PS … Brilliant story. Thanks for sharing. It'll keep me warm at night. PS fanboys exist too which is basically what you are sounding like.

What did i say to make you think i am a PS4 fanboy?

I am neutral here, only speaking from outside of the box.

J4GG4

What did i say to make you think i am a PS4 fanboy?I am neutral here, … What did i say to make you think i am a PS4 fanboy?I am neutral here, only speaking from outside of the box.

Well considering the ONLY contribution youve made to the OP is to assume I was an Xbox One fanboy and then spent the entire evening trying to prove it, then trying to back track by telling us a lovely little story about how your friend once did something really exciting and you did something to prove him wrong (I lost interest), you made yourself sound like a Sony Boy.

Keep the Playstation 4 and buy an Xbox One. Will make everyone happy by the looks of it

Just buy a Wii U or XB1 on top of your PS4, but I would suggest doing a little research on PC gaming and see if it suits your fancy.

Get a Dreamcast!

stuarthanley

Ive got both systems. There is a huge layer of dust on the PS4. Really … Ive got both systems. There is a huge layer of dust on the PS4. Really think its over-rated (imo) and much prefer the Xbone.

Mine too...

If you can only buy one then get the console that your friends have or the one that has the exclusives you want to play.

stuarthanley

Well considering the ONLY contribution youve made to the OP is to … Well considering the ONLY contribution youve made to the OP is to assume I was an Xbox One fanboy and then spent the entire evening trying to prove it, then trying to back track by telling us a lovely little story about how your friend once did something really exciting and you did something to prove him wrong (I lost interest), you made yourself sound like a Sony Boy.

You would lose interest your a fanboy lol and only think inside the bubble.

I however think outside the bubble.

Sorry to have took up your entire evening by the way, i did not mean for you to sit on this thread waiting for my replies all evening.

On a different subject, have you got anything constructive to contribute to the OP on their original question or are you just here to encite other people?

Back to the OP, I powered up my PS4 earlier yesterday evening (before clown started his little skit) and it decided I was about 4 updates out of date. I couldn't be bothered to wait for them so went back to the X1 for the evening. Hopefully it'll have updated overnight but i'm sure that there will be a few more updates then needed for the (very) few games I have.

I just find the X1 is a lot more accessible than the PS4. They're both great systems in their own rights but the PS4 needs a few more (good) exclusives on it before I'll really start to use it.

haritori

Get a Dreamcast!

This ^ and that applies to all of yous!

Dreamcast and a wii the perfect 2 consoles to have under the tv

Error440

This ^ and that applies to all of yous! Dreamcast and a wii the perfect 2 … This ^ and that applies to all of yous! Dreamcast and a wii the perfect 2 consoles to have under the tv

Not if you don't have an AV input...

Flodd

Not if you don't have an AV input...

use a scart or get a hdmi box

Banned

It's times like this I miss Sean.

Dominatez

"and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player … "and remember that microsoft have to pay Sony for the blue ray player inside the machine."

Just pointing out the obvious. Microsoft wouldn't have an xboxone had it not been for Sony allowing others to use the Blu ray technology, specifically Microsoft.

Banned

stuarthanley

On a different subject, have you got anything constructive to contribute … On a different subject, have you got anything constructive to contribute to the OP on their original question or are you just here to encite other people? Back to the OP, I powered up my PS4 earlier yesterday evening (before clown started his little skit) and it decided I was about 4 updates out of date. I couldn't be bothered to wait for them so went back to the X1 for the evening. Hopefully it'll have updated overnight but i'm sure that there will be a few more updates then needed for the (very) few games I have.I just find the X1 is a lot more accessible than the PS4. They're both great systems in their own rights but the PS4 needs a few more (good) exclusives on it before I'll really start to use it.

Pretty sure it updates in the background, no need to wait. You do with X1.

Back to the OP, the 2015 release schedule for PS4 looks so much better than X1, but that's just my opinion.

Banned

DarkReborn11

The main difference is the racing games, Xbox one wipes the floor with … The main difference is the racing games, Xbox one wipes the floor with PS4 currently and will continue to do so even when GT7 is released.Kinect is practically dead and who uses share play?Both specs are almost similar with the xbox one getting a slight boost as its now able to access a higher percentage of a CPU core originally reserved for kinect.The main reason comes down to which exclusive games you prefer for each console.

Ah, so you've seen GT7, what's it like?

The games I wanted to play needed to update. They wouldnt update until the system had updated so I just left it to do whatever it needed to do for the evening and carried on with the X1.

I havent seen much of the line-up for either consoles for this year yet. Waiting for No Mans Sky at the moment.

Dominatez

Just pointing out the obvious. Microsoft wouldn't have an xboxone had it … Just pointing out the obvious. Microsoft wouldn't have an xboxone had it not been for Sony allowing others to use the Blu ray technology, specifically Microsoft.

You do realize that "Bluray" isn't owned or purely created by Sony? Like DVD it was developed by multiable companies.. Hence the Blu-ray Disc Association. In short, what you've said is wrong.
Edited by: "spritey" 31st Jan 2015
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions