Groups
    EXPIRED

Im thinking of starting a recruitment agency from home......cleaners, any tips ?

Just wondered if people had any tips, like how much to charge etc etc obviously i will be starting small (from nothing) I will be using gumtree to recruit etc etc

14 Comments

Make sure you are fully aware of any regulations in regards to employment law and for what you will be liable for. That should be your starting point so you then truly know what the real cost of actually employing someone is.

spend some time researching getting right insurance to start off with,being an employer of staff also can be a minefield so do plenty of reading up on government websites .

use mr.sheen

Ermm did you just wake up one morning and decided to do this?

Besides, you don't normally charge the people you employ but the companies that you place them in?
    Why would a cleaner on a pretty low wage give you a % of their wages? Unless you act as a cleaning company yourself?

Banned

You need to factor in that many cleaners need CRB checks

Lol at AnnaMak the hater!

Good luck OP and as said check out the regulations! They always come bite you at some point
    My tuppence worth.

See it more of you keeping to work and hiring the extra hands when needed and gaining a client base and reputation.
    Try use the same staff , even if its one or two , you will get to know and trust them.
    This will take a long time to gain a reputation with clients , thats when you could consider acting as a go-between for staff.

steviep23

Lol at AnnaMak the hater!Good luck OP and as said check out the … Lol at AnnaMak the hater!Good luck OP and as said check out the regulations! They always come bite you at some point :(My tuppence worth.See it more of you keeping to work and hiring the extra hands when needed and gaining a client base and reputation.Try use the same staff , even if its one or two , you will get to know and trust them.This will take a long time to gain a reputation with clients , thats when you could consider acting as a go-between for staff.

I am more realistic than the OP lol

Banned

Have good insurance.

Banned

UnderDepth

You need to factor in that many cleaners need CRB checks

CRB has gone

DBS check now.

Banned

start by becoming a cleaner for an agency yourself

AnnaMak

Ermm did you just wake up one morning and decided to do this?Besides, you … Ermm did you just wake up one morning and decided to do this?Besides, you don't normally charge the people you employ but the companies that you place them in?Why would a cleaner on a pretty low wage give you a % of their wages? Unless you act as a cleaning company yourself?

Where did you get charging the cleaners from?
    How do you know they don't mean how much to charge the client for finding the cleaner?

Original Poster

AnnaMak

No been thinking of it for a while, I am charging the client xxxx amount and paying the cleaner minimum wage :-) Problem ?

Before starting any business, it may be worthwhile to spend some time understanding how these things work. If you have any friends / family who have done something similar, go talk to them and spend some time observing them at work.

Original Poster

Thanks for all answers and merry christmas :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Has anyone seen a cereal dispenser in shops?22
      2. Most cushioned running trainers?33
      3. Quality "Pro" Android Apps - List your Favourites and Share with the Commun…22
      4. Why do my deal votes go up or down by 2° on each vote?44

See more discussions