Groups

I'm tied down to an 18 Month contract cause I can't find a piece of paper....

The speeds I'm getting on 3 Mobile Broadband is just taking the p!ss, I try returning it and I've lost the authorisations letter. I only have till Tuesday to return this otherwise I'll be liable for all 18 months.

Anyone able to offer me any advice?

Zak

11 Comments

Surely its on their database?

Yes - give them a call - explain that you have lost the authorisations letter (what is this exactly).

In addition, I would write to their customer service address stating that you wish to cancel your contract (within the designated time), and state that whilst you no longer have a copy of the authorisations letter, they will have a record of the purchase on their system and that they are to take this letter as formal cancellation of the contract.

I am of course assuming that you are entitled to cancel by next Tuesday....

Original Poster

I feel like lobbing the modem. The signal I'm recieveing at my work place is just ridiculous, I'm getting disconnected every two minutes on a 56Kb connection. I went with Vodafone Mobile Broadband, ordered online for quidco on friday and I'm still waiting for it this monday, so I give them a call and the guy says I'll get it before 10am the following day. I did recieve it on time so I just left home with it - much to my suprise I'm still on a 56Kb connection, Vodafone is much more stable though. I come home the same day and I've got another Vodafone modem waiting.. the guy placed a duplicate order over the phone.

So at the moment I have three modems that I need to return and now Three want me to send them this authorisations letter or else I'm liable for all 18 months - what cun*s!

Well it sounds like you just happen to be in a poor reception area at your workplace....and there is nothing 3 or Vodafone can do about that. Ie, it's not a problem with the modem, more the signal strength.

Are the speeds better in a different location?

Original Poster

nick1979;2447920

Well it sounds like you just happen to be in a poor reception area at … Well it sounds like you just happen to be in a poor reception area at your workplace....and there is nothing 3 or Vodafone can do about that. Ie, it's not a problem with the modem, more the signal strength.Are the speeds better in a different location?

Yeah I understand that, but initally I was told by both 3 and Vodafone that I'm in a 3G area, however they have now discovered I am in a 2G area. Both of them work fine at home. Vodafone are much more understanding and they said they'll collect the modems themselves.

I just want to get rid of these mobile broadband modems and opt for a landline / broadband connection at my workplace.

Look down the back of the sofa! :giggle:

Ahh, well in that case, a stern call to 3 customer services is certainly in order explaining that you were told there was 3G coverage, which induced you to enter into a contract, and it is only after entering into it that 3 told you that you are in fact in a 2G area.

Call them and write to them - you should be able to get out of the contract.

Very frustrating though!

Original Poster

hannah19790;2447970

Look down the back of the sofa! :giggle:

lol you should see the state of my bedroom, my bed is in the middle of my room, and my furniture is on my bed :x lol

did they definitley send it to you??

if its that important, perhaps they didn't.

Original Poster

blackpeppa;2448018

did they definitley send it to you??if its that important, perhaps they … did they definitley send it to you??if its that important, perhaps they didn't.

They say it was part of the welcome pack, but I don't even recall seeing it.

Banned

Complain!!

I found complaining to the UK based cheif execs team helpful and was given around £65 as a 'gesture of goodwill' after they delivered my upgrade to the wrong address.

You need to keep on complaining - they will give up!

(I spoke to someone on 08707 330 295)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Kodi Add-ons?1921
      2. Type 11, 21 or 22 Radiators?25
      3. Samsung s8 trade in23
      4. Wix Build Website Question, Domain transfer?22

See more discussions