Groups

I'm turning retro(gaming)... lol

I got a bunch of old consoles the other day dirt cheap. Encouraged my to start building a retro collection lol/ console collection to show my might power......... (I paid a fiver for all the consoles together)

Anyway, I got:

A black gamecube with vgc condition controller and memory card and all wires - oh and 2 games, and Medal Of Honour : Rising Sun

A boxed Sega Master System Plus with all wires, 1 controller (bad condition so i went and bought a mega drive one for £2 today from GS.

A SNES with no wires - still pretty good lol - everything looks intact to me...

A PSOne with the controller. Already got most of the wires and it works fine.

I'm planning on increasing my collection now by buying a mega drive, dreamcast and n64.... I then plan on going into the nintendo dominated handheld market and buying the best gb game of all time aka Super Mario Land 2...

Tim

30 Comments

Ahhhh! Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES. I were happy then.:cry::cry:

Prob not a good idea to tell us on one thread that you got a game for next to nothing and then try to sell it to us on another for £8... :whistling:

I'm not a gamer but i sold my snes at a boot sale a few years ago for £5 - gutted!!!!

I saw a SNES for £15 at a local game shop yesterday - if I didn't have a backlog of Wii and Gamecube to play I would of picked it up.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;5111973

Prob not a good idea to tell us on one thread that you got a game for … Prob not a good idea to tell us on one thread that you got a game for next to nothing and then try to sell it to us on another for £8... :whistling:

good point.
    although i'm sure many others are guilty of doing similar things lol...

Banned

still got my snes, just wish they would bring out donkey kong 4

Original Poster

sassie;5111992

still got my snes, just wish they would bring out donkey kong 4

do you have any spare power cables... i want to fire the thing up but it has a big ass power pin which no other adapter wants to fit...

Tim

Banned

timothyw9;5112000

do you have any spare power cables... i want to fire the thing up but it … do you have any spare power cables... i want to fire the thing up but it has a big ass power pin which no other adapter wants to fit...Tim

nope thought there was an ulteriour motive for the thread, you youngsters are so transparent - lol

snes with no leds are usually quite cheap, the official snes power leads are quite expensive because they always die. could be a good idea to get a universal mains charger with the right connector

Original Poster

sassie;5112015

nope thought there was an ulteriour motive for the thread, you youngsters … nope thought there was an ulteriour motive for the thread, you youngsters are so transparent - lol

my volcabularium (copied from Fable 2) is non-understanding of what 'ulterior' means'...

tell me more sassie,.

Banned

i have no idea, my spelling today has been terrible, my mind just keeps going completely blank, im blaming it on the glasses

Original Poster

masterruckus;5112017

snes with no leds are usually quite cheap, the official snes power leads … snes with no leds are usually quite cheap, the official snes power leads are quite expensive because they always die. could be a good idea to get a universal mains charger with the right connector

snes with no leds are usually quite cheap? I thought LED's were quite cheap, there's only one of them in the console lol.. hahha :-D:-D:p

I got a Mega Drive 1 for sale!! :thumbsup: Got Sonic too!!

Original Poster

sassie;5112110

i have no idea, my spelling today has been terrible, my mind just keeps … i have no idea, my spelling today has been terrible, my mind just keeps going completely blank, im blaming it on the glasses

lol.

i've got a load of 9v leads but none of them have big enough things at the end,do you know if i can buy one of those plug/adater things and then attach it to the wire? That or do you have any that'd fit a snes and you would be willing to cut up (chuck away the big power adaptor and give me the thing with the wire at the end... so i could just rewire one i have..

I've seen multi-console power supplies on ebay for the snes which have a max of 400ma, the snes uses 1.3amps lol and i've got a 750ma one which is 9v so that'd probably work?

Tim

Original Poster

Naeem786;5112137

I got a Mega Drive 1 for sale!! :thumbsup: Got Sonic too!!

where's the thread? :thumbsup:

Banned

sorry tim i have nothing like that, i have a boxed snes and a boxed mega drive but no extra leads or anything, try ebay

sassie;5112178

sorry tim i have nothing like that, i have a boxed snes and a boxed mega … sorry tim i have nothing like that, i have a boxed snes and a boxed mega drive but no extra leads or anything, try ebay

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii62/deek72/ugly_man.jpg

Hi, Baby. xx

timothyw9;5112172

where's the thread? :thumbsup:

hotukdeals.com/ite…e=2

Got a joystick which is rare!! :whistling:

Man and I thought you meant you had ahold of a ZX81 plus a spectrum and a commodore64.

Banned

pmsl @ deek

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5112210

Man and I thought you meant you had ahold of a ZX81 plus a spectrum and a … Man and I thought you meant you had ahold of a ZX81 plus a spectrum and a commodore64.

i've never been a great fan of anything that old... for some reason lol

Tim

timothyw9;5112236

i've never been a great fan of anything that old... for some reason lolTim

My Mum worked for IBM as I was growing up and I was about 6 when I had my first ZX81 and I'd be tip tap tapping away on those damn keys that were flush to the pads... nightmare. You can see those old machines in museums now!

Try and get a Vectrex system, was a great all in one system at the time.

sassie;5112227

pmsl @ deek

Lol, better stop now before I get launched for stalking you!!

Original Poster

i think i'll try and raid my bros room tomorow and raid my brothers room tomorrow and see if i can find any adapters that'd fit,...

Tim

timothyw9;5112398

i think i'll try and raid my bros room tomorow and raid my brothers room … i think i'll try and raid my bros room tomorow and raid my brothers room tomorrow and see if i can find any adapters that'd fit,...Tim

Just look properly the first time you raid it and you won't have to risk it again! ;-)

deek72;5112418

Just look properly the first time you raid it and you won't have to risk … Just look properly the first time you raid it and you won't have to risk it again! ;-)

lol

I just sold my last SNES, switch able between 50 and 60 Hz which makes the game play %17.5 faster and full screen to a guy in Finland. He did not want the official power supply, joypad or RF cable. If you want them you can have them but must pay for the postage.

Original Poster

diamondnine;5112551

I just sold my last SNES, switch able between 50 and 60 Hz which makes … I just sold my last SNES, switch able between 50 and 60 Hz which makes the game play %17.5 faster and full screen to a guy in Finland. He did not want the official power supply, joypad or RF cable. If you want them you can have them but must pay for the postage.

I would be interested in the power supply, joypad and the rf cable. How much would postage be mate?

Tim

Original Poster

damn no reply.. i think i'll just go and buy one of ebay. not cheap, but hey, i paid like 1.25 for the console who cares lol..

Tim
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!912
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?35234
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5012477
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764717

See more discussions