Expired

I'm wondering if fake profiles are being created to make it look like Hukd has more users?

Found 25th May
Good afternoon everybody. I've noticed the increase in Absolutley ridiculous questions being asked then the op never replies or adds anything else. To me they seem like they are just asking silly questions to see what answers they get, but what do they get out of it?

this has got me wondering if it's possible HUKD people/staff have created some of these many new profiles to make the numbers of users look higher?

This is a genuine question, I'm not trying to annoy any staff or anything it's something I'm genuinely wondering. I love Hukd andI hope I'm not going to be in trouble for asking this?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Hi @LeahsMintytoutou i can assure you that no members of staff have been creating extra accounts. Many people join the site each day some stick around, others may never visit again. Some may post a question and just read the answers but not reply which might be frustrating for members. If there are certain accounts that you are suspicious of, drop a report and we'll take a look.

Hope this helps.
18 Comments
Never !
33856765-mSvrw.jpg

I doubt whether Pepper would sponsor this although user numbers for any forum of this type tend to be exaggerated one way or another.
There will be countless spurious registrations where the applicant only has intention of spamming but these tend to be weeded out automatically (or sometimes manually). Although such accounts typically move to a "Banned" status, they remain on record so count as part of the user base.
The number of genuine active users will only ever be a small fraction of the declared user base.
I think people make new accounts to stealth troll
Hi @LeahsMintytoutou i can assure you that no members of staff have been creating extra accounts. Many people join the site each day some stick around, others may never visit again. Some may post a question and just read the answers but not reply which might be frustrating for members. If there are certain accounts that you are suspicious of, drop a report and we'll take a look.

Hope this helps.
I'm not trying to annoy any staff or anything

Surely, that's the whole point of posting coments on HUKD?
niceroundpound7 m ago

Hi @LeahsMintytoutou i can assure you that no members of staff have been …Hi @LeahsMintytoutou i can assure you that no members of staff have been creating extra accounts. Many people join the site each day some stick around, others may never visit again. Some may post a question and just read the answers but not reply which might be frustrating for members. If there are certain accounts that you are suspicious of, drop a report and we'll take a look.Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply
Yeah I mean the mop question today is just ridiculous to me but maybe genuine thanks for clarifying
LeahsMintytoutou12 m ago

Thanks for your reply Yeah I mean the mop question today is …Thanks for your reply Yeah I mean the mop question today is just ridiculous to me but maybe genuine thanks for clarifying

Just people forget or are busy so they don't reply
I think some people are chronically indecisive which is why the ask opinions on such mundane topics. Others are just plain stupid
If you think about it logically, if the site actually went to the effort of creating fake profiles, they would also put in effort to make the fake profiles active. No point in inactive profiles as that would be considered non members.

So, no, I don't think so.
mutley17 m ago

If you think about it logically, if the site actually went to the effort …If you think about it logically, if the site actually went to the effort of creating fake profiles, they would also put in effort to make the fake profiles active. No point in inactive profiles as that would be considered non members.So, no, I don't think so.

Someone above said they would still be members in the numbers l. I tend to think so too. A mod has said no though so I guess it's not that. There must just be some funny/stupid/indecisive people on here

psychobitchfromhell9 m ago

I think some people are chronically indecisive which is why the ask …I think some people are chronically indecisive which is why the ask opinions on such mundane topics. Others are just plain stupid

Said perfectly
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell42 m ago

I'm not trying to annoy any staff or anythingSurely, that's the whole …I'm not trying to annoy any staff or anythingSurely, that's the whole point of posting coments on HUKD?

Naughty!
When I first did my profile, something went wrong, so I ended up with 2, albeit I could only use the one.. if that same thing happened to a lot of people, well- that’s a lot of people.
* off to look for the ‘mop’ thread
Edited by: "juggler1" 25th May
you don’t say
The "Virgin Media Vampires" Ask thread is a classic example of why some long-standing members may be tempted to create a new profile just to ask one question to avoid any possibility of otherwise causing "discomfort" to thier long-standing ID:
Vampire ask page 1 showing full question and Vampire ask page 2 with modified question
The original thread was here but it has strangely disappeared...
Similarly amended Ask thread that has not been deleted, yet... hotukdeals.com/dis…366
Hi @LeahsMintytoutou I can 100% confirm that HUKD staff do not create any fake ID's to post ridiculous questions in an attempt to make the numbers of users look higher. Thanks for asking though and glad I could clear it up for you.
ScubaDudes2 h, 33 m ago

Isn't there more important things in life than wondering if there's fake …Isn't there more important things in life than wondering if there's fake members.Think you need a break from here, sounds like you're obsessing?.

Don't you ever find yourself wondering about a random thing for the odd minute of the day? Or notice anything? I just wondered. Not trying to create an arguement
andywedge25th May

Hi @LeahsMintytoutou I can 100% confirm that HUKD staff do not create any …Hi @LeahsMintytoutou I can 100% confirm that HUKD staff do not create any fake ID's to post ridiculous questions in an attempt to make the numbers of users look higher. Thanks for asking though and glad I could clear it up for you.

Thanks Andywedge . It was just a a question I had on what could be happening with these random new profiles that ask weird questions. I don't understand what they get out of it so wanted to ask about it. I'm going to expire this so as not to attract any further comments
Someone else.has asked about lillies
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants