Groups

Image Help / Blending?

Using Photoshop and want to create a banner effect...

what is it called when you blend (?) and image into a similar colour canvas?

13 Comments

Original Poster

Trying to blend this ..

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3038/roofz.jpg - or something smiliar, if anyone can find a better one!

onto a canvas that is 720pxls x 190pxls- Canvas colour I think will be a nice wood brown effect if I (or anyone else) can find one.

Usual Rep left when solution fixed. Many Thanks

Banned

almost sure its called blending? maybe masking? not 100%

What you wanting?

U want it so the sky becomes the same as the banner colour and then change opacity?

Original Poster

vengod;5383286

What you wanting? U want it so the sky becomes the same as the banner … What you wanting? U want it so the sky becomes the same as the banner colour and then change opacity?

what -- in english man! lol

a want this, but the image blended into the brown canvas!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7290/roofx.jpg

just like ]THIS, but 100% better - oh and saved as a PNG or PSD lol ta muchly!

Banned

As you've been told before, its gradient.

Original Poster

guv;5383404

As you've been told before, its gradient.

in what way? - what tool do I use -- ive been trying since half 7 .. only asked as a last resort.

Banned

Disco;5383413

in what way? - what tool do I use -- ive been trying since half 7 .. only … in what way? - what tool do I use -- ive been trying since half 7 .. only asked as a last resort.

Make two layers for the two different images.

Change the opacity of the actual image (if you want it to appear like the example), then select the gradient tool which is on the same bar as the bucket fill. (ie single click the corner of the bucket fill)

Original Poster

guv;5383506

Make two layers for the two different images.Change the opacity of the … Make two layers for the two different images.Change the opacity of the actual image (if you want it to appear like the example), then select the gradient tool which is on the same bar as the bucket fill. (ie single click the corner of the bucket fill)

still dont work

did you do it, if not, pm me your email and i will send it to you (i cant get on photobucket or owt-at work)

Or for how to do it:
    have 2 layers: one of man, one of colour.
    on man layer, click layer mask button (looks like a camera at bottom of your layers panel)
    select gradient tool (right click on fill paint bucket and select gradient)
    On top tool bar make it a black white gradient and linear.
    on image draw line from right to left (or left to right) and voila, gradient should appear.
    You might need to play with the line to get the gradient looking right but should look ok.

Done!!!!!

could put the roof layer on top of the other layer and then change the blending mode to multiply or something similar. You can play around with them until you get the look you want.

Im sure gradient would work aswell to be honest.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767526
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691434
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047199
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563840

See more discussions