Groups

Imagus extension - custom rule for Hotukdeals

Chrome: chrome.google.com/web…=en

Firefox: addons.mozilla.org/en-…us/

Imagus is a browser extension that allows you to view the full size image whenever you hover over the thumbnail. (like hover zoom)

It is useful for when in the thumbnail there is a picture of a receipt or something like that and you can't see it very well. You can then just hover your mouse over the thumbnail and it will show the larger image.

The following is a link to the 'sieve' or custom rule that I wrote for hotukdeals site that you have to import to make it work for this site.

gist.githubusercontent.com/dmn…txt

Instructions: Go to extension options, click sieve, click down arrow to import, copy and paste the above text in the link, and click "from text".

Got the idea from here: hotukdeals.com/tag/ask…058

Let me know if you have any questions.

25 Comments

You're welcome.

I use a bookmarklet:
    ---
    javascript:(function(){javascript:(function(){var%20d=document;var%20dl=d.getElementsByClassName(%22deal-links%22)[0];if(!dl){dl=d.getElementsByClassName(%22thread-right-inner%22)[0];}if(dl){var%20i=dl.getElementsByTagName(%22img%22)[0];if(i){var%20src=i.src;var%20loc=src.split(%22threads/%22).join(%22threads/high-res/%22);window.location=loc;}}})();})();
    ---

Original Poster

fanpages

I use a bookmarklet:

Thanks for your help. You should try the extension, it's a lot better than the bookmarklet.

Or just right click on the link, open image in new tab and add 'high-res/' to the URL after thread/ IIRC.

No bloaty JS plugins required. You're welcome

idk

Why this isn't an option somewhere on the site I have no **** idea

moneysavingkitten

Why this isn't an option somewhere on the site I have no **** idea

Yet it was implemented at [ fo.lk ] before that site went "under construction"!

Cheers ears!
    (MSK) for that very useful information. Your awesome. Xx

Moonwolf1976

Cheers ears! (MSK) for that very useful information. Your awesome. Xx

PS. You're welcome says "Hi!" (from comment #1).

fanpages

PS. You're welcome says "Hi!" (from comment #1).

Sorry FP, have to own up to not clicking. Where's the embarrassed face? *looks guilty*

Edit: ffs, using non-hukd emjois breaks posts. Is it 1999?

Edited by: "MSK." 28th Jan

moneysavingkitten

Sorry FP, have to own up to not clicking. Where's the embarrassed

^ You're right there!

fanpages

Yet it was implemented at [ http://fo.lk ] before that site went "under … Yet it was implemented at [ http://fo.lk ] before that site went "under construction"!

Oh, I was thinking of the other one for a minute.

That's the weird one that creates interesting Google searches instead.

They should have kept it.

Moonwolf1976

Cheers ears! (MSK) for that very useful information. Your awesome. Xx

Happy to help, even if I was really second

Apologies in advance FP, my spelling is going to get 80% worse until I have a keyboard again instead of a phone. On the plus side it should improve 20% after that, because the new one won't have dead keys.

moneysavingkitten

Apologies in advance FP, my spelling is going to get 80% worse until I … Apologies in advance FP, my spelling is going to get 80% worse until I have a keyboard again instead of a phone. On the plus side it should improve 20% after that, because the new one won't have dead keys.

You could always visit Covent Garden tomorrow...

[ hotukdeals.com/dea…305 ]

PS. An eighty percent decrease, followed by a twenty percent increase, is worse than your starting position.

fanpages

You could always visit Covent Garden tomorrow...[ … You could always visit Covent Garden tomorrow...[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/new-store-exclusive-offers-covent-garden-london-2608305#post29927329 ];)PS. An eighty percent decrease, followed by a twenty percent increase, is worse than your starting position.

I just did I think

Sorry I should have been clearer.

Minus 80% now, then return to my original rubbishness, plus 20% better. H key wasn't working at all today.

moneysavingkitten

I just did I think :)Sorry I should have been clearer.Minus 80% now, then … I just did I think :)Sorry I should have been clearer.Minus 80% now, then return to my original rubbishness, plus 20% better. H key wasn't working at all today.

How cheap are new kehybhoards?

fanpages

Nope, nope, starting again.

About a quid. I have another, but I didn't use it. It's on me.

fanpages

I like yours. It has extra Hs

Oh FP, if I got the grammar right in that sentence, I might weep.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

Or just right click on the link, open image in new tab and add … Or just right click on the link, open image in new tab and add 'high-res/' to the URL after thread/ IIRC.No bloaty JS plugins required. You're welcome

I have 24 GB RAM and usually 100+ tabs open (not all HUKD ). I'd rather have something that automates it than have the hassle of remembering how to change the url and manually doing it every time.

dmn001

I have 24 GB RAM and usually 100+ tabs open (not all HUKD )...

Well done you.

Original Poster

fanpages

Well done you.

Well, I just checked and the extension only takes up 10 MB across all instances on Chrome, so it really doesn't matter how many tabs you have open.

dmn001

Well, I just checked and the extension only takes up 10 MB across all … Well, I just checked and the extension only takes up 10 MB across all instances on Chrome, so it really doesn't matter how many tabs you have open.

Personally I think its a great contribution towards this site, its what should encouraged and not demeaned, Thank you. I will be using it.

haritori

Personally I think its a great contribution towards this site, its what … Personally I think its a great contribution towards this site, its what should encouraged and not demeaned, Thank you. I will be using it.

I wasn't demeaning the effort, I was explaining the principle by which is works. What a funny thing to say.

moneysavingkitten

I wasn't demeaning the effort, I was explaining the principle by which is … I wasn't demeaning the effort, I was explaining the principle by which is works. What a funny thing to say.

I never said you were, nor do I believe you were..

edit: Maybe crossed wires MSK, as the unfriendly comments I was referring too have been deleted..

Edited by: "haritori" 28th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
      2. love affairs1344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047105
      4. word association Game73944484

See more discussions