IMEI for phone insurance

Found 7th Sep 2017
Hi I'm a little puzzled on setting up phone insurance, I'm about to buy a phone from argos but most insurance companies will ask for proof of IMEI on the receipt, I know argos won't provide this, anybody else had this issue?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

I've never had to prove it on a receipt

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou12 m ago

I've never had to prove it on a receipt

Who are you with, any site I've been on its asking for the proof on a receipt

I'm with Barclays.. my bank account comes with gadget insurance.. I've also got my daughters covered with the a company that I can't remember the name of but i got that at same time I bought the phone contract from mobiles.co.uk.. (ive never made a claim on any insurance I've hasso I've decided I'm going to cancel my daughters)

can you not find the phone your looking at cheaper cheaper from a different company. Like when you get a contract with a phone company you get a couple of pieces of paper with your deatails and abit of phone blurb, including the imei number.
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 7th Sep 2017

Can you actually take out insurance on a phone that has been outright purchased?

From what i know, you take out phone insurance when it is on contract, so if anything happens to the phone during the duration of the contract you are/may be covered.

Never seen a receipt that has the imei on it

chocci1 h, 18 m ago

most phones bought on contract tend to have the imei on the receipt, at least in my experience with carphone warehouse/mobiles.co.uk (other retailers might be different seeing as these examples are the same parent company)

when i upgraded with vodafone i didnt even get a receipt

i wouldnt imagine the imei would need to be on the receipt, surely the box with the imei number would be sufficient proof of ownership

My phone insurance comes with my Natwest account and it asks for the IMEI number, but I've never had to prove it. I guess if it ever needed to be repaired then they'd cross reference it

adamspencer9537 m ago

most phones bought on contract tend to have the imei on the receipt, at …most phones bought on contract tend to have the imei on the receipt, at least in my experience with carphone warehouse/mobiles.co.uk (other retailers might be different seeing as these examples are the same parent company)when i upgraded with vodafone i didnt even get a receipti wouldnt imagine the imei would need to be on the receipt, surely the box with the imei number would be sufficient proof of ownership

Ah OK. Never bought a contract phone.

My house insurance covers my gadgets Any accidental damages.

Only pay £1.91 a week

we cover our phones with our nationwide flex account (£10 per month) which covers 4 phones in household. claimed on it twice for broken screen and water damage. No need to register phone. my phone was bought secondhand so not original owner from new

chocci8th Sep

Wrong carphone warehouse do

cliosport651 h, 1 m ago

Wrong carphone warehouse do

Not on my cpw receipt when I bought a non-contract phone

Its on mine and I bought a non-contract phone, you must just be special
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions