Expired

Import duty/tax when buying items from amazon uk from an American seller.

Found 29th Sep 2014
If you buy an item from Amazon.co.uk for the value of £10.89 with free delivery, do you have to pay import costs/ tax/duty etc....? If anyone could help that would be great,. Worried I am going to get a huge bill from the post office. Oh, the item is only pens!!!
Community Updates
9 Comments
No tax due on £10
Not sure on the values before tax can be added but think sometimes these things can be hit or miss, also if the seller marks item as gift i believe theres less chance of a charge
chocci

No tax due on £10

Thank you for your reply.....
I know the value should be more than £10.89, the rrp is probably £60! Does the tax go on the price I pay, or the value of the goods?
depends on what they put on the customs label, they will usually go by that unless they think its been under declared
schlurrp

Thank you for your reply.....I know the value should be more than £10.89, … Thank you for your reply.....I know the value should be more than £10.89, the rrp is probably £60! Does the tax go on the price I pay, or the value of the goods?

Are they genuine then if the RRP to what you're paying is that different?
ipswich78

Are they genuine then if the RRP to what you're paying is that different?

I think the price is a mistake. I am sure they will cancel the order anyway. They seem genuine as they have high % feedback here and on amazon.com.
customs won't charge below £20
The limit is £15 people! (Assuming the OP meant Amazon.com and not Amazon.co.uk as mentioned in their post)
cdm22

The limit is £15 people! (Assuming the OP meant Amazon.com and not … The limit is £15 people! (Assuming the OP meant Amazon.com and not Amazon.co.uk as mentioned in their post)

Hi, thank you for the info. The pens are from an American company selling on Amazon.co.uk.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants