Import tax

Hi I'm not that clued up on import taxes if I had something sent to me from a friend from with the eu, would I have to pay import tax and if so how much?

10 Comments

You dont pay import tax from EU countries.

Original Poster

any other taxes that may creep up on me then?

Um dont think so. not that im aware of.

Watch out for the German sausage tax!

whilst on this sort of topic, im having something sent from extremedeals could i get hit with tax on that, it was only 4 quid in total

rockatin

whilst on this sort of topic, im having something sent from extremedeals … whilst on this sort of topic, im having something sent from extremedeals could i get hit with tax on that, it was only 4 quid in total

Should be no tax as it is under the £18 limit:thumbsup:

Banned

rockatin

whilst on this sort of topic, im having something sent from extremedeals … whilst on this sort of topic, im having something sent from extremedeals could i get hit with tax on that, it was only 4 quid in total

From the EU, there will be no VAT or excise (or dodgy post office collection charges!)

From outside the EU, you can be hit for things valued above £18. The charge will include VAT, any import duty applicable and the dodgy post office charge (assuming its royal mail!) So no charges for £4 from deal extreme.

does the under £18 rule exclude P&P? i have ordered something from the US that before P&P totals $38.00, P&P is $15.00

As far as I'm aware it's the total value of the package, P&P included.

John

Johnmcl7

As far as I'm aware it's the total value of the package, P&P included.John

oops:-( that takes me over £18 then:-(
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebid over Ebay22
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763999
    3. Better watch out for these...915
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846088

See more discussions