Expired

IMPORTANT - Colgate toothpaste recall

Found 24th Dec 2008
dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

These were sold in Sainsburys and Boots, I was expecting the article to say Poundland or something similar.

Luckily I don't use it but for all those that do, stop using it and take back to store for refund

11 Comments

Good spot m8.

Sue them, sue them all.lol

Original Poster

blanka;3851405

Good spot m8. Sue them, sue them all.lol

some bloke in the comments said.....

" im not going to return it !!!im going to make formal complain !!! "

I am sure they will take his "complain" very seriously :w00t:

He might just get a £1 voucher for this troubles

Good ole Daily Mail - really well written article.

They post an article about dodgy toothpaste, then use an image for a different Colgate product - muppets.

"The 100ml tubes, labelled Colgate Cavity Protection, have been bought by thousands of customers at Sainsbury's and Boots stores."

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/24/article-1101143-02E28656000005DC-563_468x150.jpg

moob;3851432

Good ole Daily Mail - really well written article.They post an article … Good ole Daily Mail - really well written article.They post an article about dodgy toothpaste, then use an image for a different Colgate product - muppets."The 100ml tubes, labelled Colgate Cavity Protection, have been bought by thousands of customers at Sainsbury's and Boots stores."

I never noticed that mistake, just looked at the picture and realised it was the one we used and we bought it from Sainsburys. So do you think it's the toothpaste in the picture that has the problem or the one named in the write up?

Could be either way with that tabloids nonsense - personally, I'd go with phoning up Colgate to enquire.

i bought loads of these for £1.00 in sainsburys & using one at the moment!!!. Any one know the batch numbers effected ??

Just spoke to a guy at Colgate and he said the fake tubes contain batch code 8037PL1115.

Apparently the code was copied from some genuine Colgate tubes, so if you find this code on the tube it could either be fake or genuine. He said you would know it was fake because the toothpaste tastes weird and there is quite a peculiar, pungent smell off of it. Either way, bring the tube back for a refund.

Annie1508;3852182

I never noticed that mistake, just looked at the picture and realised it … I never noticed that mistake, just looked at the picture and realised it was the one we used and we bought it from Sainsburys. So do you think it's the toothpaste in the picture that has the problem or the one named in the write up?

Not sure, I noticed the difference between product name and picture, and we have some of the pictured toothpaste

kelly_o_fanatic;3853873

Not sure, I noticed the difference between product name and picture, and … Not sure, I noticed the difference between product name and picture, and we have some of the pictured toothpaste

Read the post above yours.

It's this toothpaste:

http://xs434.xs.to/xs434/08523/038514_1_198311.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions