Groups
    EXPIRED

Important info for all those looking to purchase a pre-flashed xbox 360 console.

Banned
    I know this technically shouldn't be posted here, but I feel that the FS forum users will benefit immensely from the info herein.

As of now, 360 games are to be shipped with the NXE dashboard. Retail games will run perfectly fine, however "backups" with the nxe update will not boot on any present ixtreme console.
    The nxe update is placed on a sector of the disk which cannot be read by any 360 running the current (1.5 ix) or previous versions of the xtreme firmware.

This is a security failsafe that was implemented by the creators of the hacked firmware (To prevent live bannings).

There is a new firmware in the works which will be released very soon, but obviously this will only concern those that can flash the consoles themselves.

Just a little warning to those in the market for a flashed 360 looking to play the latest titles.

32 Comments

Admin

Wanny1, I know you've the best intentions posting this up in here but it really is a thread for misc forum

Any replies herein are going to bump this thread above actual FS threads, so going to move it over to misc. It'll still be seen and interested parties can refer to it and discuss the issue freely.

Original Poster Banned

juliet_bravo;4553598

Wanny1, I know you've the best intentions posting this up in here but it … Wanny1, I know you've the best intentions posting this up in here but it really is a thread for misc forum :)Any replies herein are going to bump this thread above actual FS threads, so going to move it over to misc. It'll still be seen and interested parties can refer to it and discuss the issue freely.

Thanks Juliet. Just wanted the thread to get a little exposure in the fs/t forum.

It could cause all kinds of future problems if buyers and sellers aren't aware of this.

wanny1;4553647

Thanks Juliet. Just wanted the thread to get a little exposure in the … Thanks Juliet. Just wanted the thread to get a little exposure in the fs/t forum.It could cause all kinds of future problems if buyers and sellers aren't aware of this.

Karma ;-)

all you u have to do is update to iExtream 1.6 which is comming out next week i belive.

Original Poster Banned

Tanchi;4554865

you u have to do is update to iExtream 1.6 which is comming out next week … you u have to do is update to iExtream 1.6 which is comming out next week i belive.

Thats correct, but obviously people in the market for a pre-flashed console, don't have the means to flash a 360 themselves. A lot of folk are going to be left with a fairly redundant console if they have purchased it for the sole intention of playing "backup" games.

Plus, nobody knows when 1.6 iX will be released. The next firmware release will be 1.51 which will address this issue. That SHOULD be out over the weekend/beginning of next week. 1.6 might not be out for another month yet.

Can you apply an update to a banned console with a disc, or does this not make any difference to banned consoles playing new games?

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;4554890

Can you apply an update to a banned console with a disc, or does this not … Can you apply an update to a banned console with a disc, or does this not make any difference to banned consoles playing new games?

A banned 360 will still play any game, as long as the firmware of the drive is updated to be compatible with the new structuring of the games.

Game updates (As in fixes and such) cannot be installed on a banned console via disc or any method that I know of.

Console updates can usually be downloaded from the MS website and either, burnt to disc or placed on a usb flash drive.

Drive firmware updates cannot be applied via disc or any other method than opening the console and updating via a pc with the relevant software and hardware.

Banned

I have a modded 360 which is never online but I put the NXE on about a month ago, will this still effect me?

Paddy Charlie;4554930

I have a modded 360 which is never online but I put the NXE on about a … I have a modded 360 which is never online but I put the NXE on about a month ago, will this still effect me?

yup

@ wanny1 - thanks for all that info, much appreciated and rep coming your way. :thumbsup:

wanny1;4554882

Thats correct, but obviously people in the market for a pre-flashed … Thats correct, but obviously people in the market for a pre-flashed console, don't have the means to flash a 360 themselves. A lot of folk are going to be left with a fairly redundant console if they have purchased it for the sole intention of playing "backup" games. Plus, nobody knows when 1.6 iX will be released. The next firmware release will be 1.51 which will address this issue. That SHOULD be out over the weekend/beginning of next week. 1.6 might not be out for another month yet.

True, but theres always some1 who will update the firmware for u for a littile bit of £

Original Poster Banned

Tanchi;4554936

True, but theres always some1 who will update the firmware for u for a … True, but theres always some1 who will update the firmware for u for a littile bit of £

Luckily there are. Including me. Gonna have quite a few customers coming back for the update.

This will affect every console that is currently running an iXtreme firmware revision.
    If you have a banned console that is running an older firmware version (Non xtreme, non stealth) you will be fine, as the games will continue to work as normal.

wanny1;4554973

If you have a banned console that is running an older firmware version … If you have a banned console that is running an older firmware version (Non xtreme, non stealth) you will be fine, as the games will continue to work as normal.

How can I determine what my banned console is running? I picked it up off another seller, already banned, and I haven't bothered updating to the new dashboard. In fact, it's only been turned on three times!

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;4554989

How can I determine what my banned console is running? I picked it up … How can I determine what my banned console is running? I picked it up off another seller, already banned, and I haven't bothered updating to the new dashboard. In fact, it's only been turned on three times!

The only way to give you a vague idea, is to run a known non stealth backup on the console. If the console has newer firmware (Including the stealth protection), the game will refuse to boot. If it boots, your console is running firmware prior to the stealth patch (Which would mean that you can continue to play your games as normal).

wanny1;4555001

The only way to give you a vague idea, is to run a known non stealth … The only way to give you a vague idea, is to run a known non stealth backup on the console. If the console has newer firmware (Including the stealth protection), the game will refuse to boot. If it boots, your console is running firmware prior to the stealth patch (Which would mean that you can continue to play your games as normal).

Conversely, try booting H.A.W.X (original or backup). If it refuses to boot, you have iXtreme 'stealth' firmware. If it does boot, you have an older firmware which means it WILL be ok for offline use only for all games.

Original Poster Banned

Xb0xGuru;4555077

Conversely, try booting H.A.W.X (original or backup). If it refuses to … Conversely, try booting H.A.W.X (original or backup). If it refuses to boot, you have iXtreme 'stealth' firmware. If it does boot, you have an older firmware which means it WILL be ok for offline use only for all games.

I still don't trust the whole "offline only" thing. I think if you don't know how to check your backups for correct stealthing, you shouldn't be playing them whatsoever on a console that you intend to use online.

But yeah, if you have access to H.A.W.X or MLB 2K9, you can gauge a rough idea of your drives current firmware with those.

wanny1;4555001

The only way to give you a vague idea, is to run a known non stealth … The only way to give you a vague idea, is to run a known non stealth backup on the console. If the console has newer firmware (Including the stealth protection), the game will refuse to boot. If it boots, your console is running firmware prior to the stealth patch (Which would mean that you can continue to play your games as normal).

Ah... this might explain why a couple of games won't boot in one of my banned consoles but will on the other and visa versa. I was always unsure of why this happened (altho might only be condition of the discs, as a couple are scratched). I suppose I should contact both original sellers and clarify what the consoles are running exactly. Not even sure why I'm holding on to them tbh - one console is to back up the other that isn't being used! We only seem to use the non-modded console. :roll:

Thanks again for your help wanny1 :thumbsup:

p.s. no PMs expressing interest in buying please. If I decide to let one or both go, I'll list them in the FS/T forum at a later date, and probably not before Easter.

wanny1;4555105

I still don't trust the whole "offline only" thing. I think if you don't … I still don't trust the whole "offline only" thing. I think if you don't know how to check your backups for correct stealthing, you shouldn't be playing them whatsoever on a console that you intend to use online.But yeah, if you have access to H.A.W.X or MLB 2K9, you can gauge a rough idea of your drives current firmware with those.

Are you in the camp that thinks that games are 'logged' on the console by any chance ?

Xb0xGuru;4555077

Conversely, try booting H.A.W.X (original or backup). If it refuses to … Conversely, try booting H.A.W.X (original or backup). If it refuses to boot, you have iXtreme 'stealth' firmware. If it does boot, you have an older firmware which means it WILL be ok for offline use only for all games.

Thanks - that sounds easier. Repped :thumbsup: [ Googles for H.A.W.X ]

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;4555135

Ah... this might explain why a couple of games won't boot in one of my … Ah... this might explain why a couple of games won't boot in one of my banned consoles but will on the other and visa versa. I was always unsure of why this happened. I suppose I should contact both original sellers and clarify what the consoles are running exactly. Not even sure why I'm holding on to them tbh - one console is to back up the other that isn't being used! We only seem to use the non-modded console. :roll:Thanks again for your help wanny1 :thumbsup:No problem mate. The console that refuses to boot some games, will most likely be running the stealth firmware. If your going to use your console online, that would be the one to use.p.s. no PMs expressing interest in buying please. If I decide to let one or both go, I'll list them in the FS/T forum at a later date, and probably not before Easter.

Xb0xGuru;4555138

Are you in the camp that thinks that games are 'logged' on the console by … Are you in the camp that thinks that games are 'logged' on the console by any chance ?

There are so many things that can contribute to a banning, I wouldn't really classify myself as being in a certain "camp" as it were.

Ms are a sly bunch and I wouldn't put anything past them.

wanny1;4555153

There are so many things that can contribute to a banning, I wouldn't … There are so many things that can contribute to a banning, I wouldn't really classify myself as being in a certain "camp" as it were.Ms are a sly bunch and I wouldn't put anything past them.

Well if MS wanted to log anything on your console across the board (to include those without HDDs) they would need to write to the TSOP. Believe me -they're not going to do this during gameplay and certainly not without warning the end-user not to turn off their console. If they were doing this and someone turned off their console during a write cycle, it would corrupt the TSOP and you'd have a dead 360.

I have an offline 360 which runs Xtreme 5.2 (samsung Ms28) that is used for offline for backups and online with originals only. I flashed it 2 years ago and it's still not banned.

Banned

wanny1 can you contact me regarding the phone you sold me as this is now urgent

PM him

phone him

email him

strike;4559607

phone him

He hasn't got the phone yet :lol:

*guessing*

Shame.....people saving 100's of pounds on games by illegally modding there consoles (making the honest law abiding people have to pay extra to compensate), are gona have to fork out a WHOLE extra couple of pound to get the console updated.....feel for you guys, really do.

Why is it that threads like this are aloud to stand and you can sell modded consoles on here but you cant make threads or sell DSTT things for the ds?
    Very hipocritcal.

No, good flashers, give you free upgrades

Original Poster Banned

jojothefirst;4559955

Shame.....people saving 100's of pounds on games by illegally modding … Shame.....people saving 100's of pounds on games by illegally modding there consoles (making the honest law abiding people have to pay extra to compensate), are gona have to fork out a WHOLE extra couple of pound to get the console updated.....feel for you guys, really do.Why is it that threads like this are aloud to stand and you can sell modded consoles on here but you cant make threads or sell DSTT things for the ds?Very hipocritcal.

The price of console games has nothing to do with piracy, and if you really believe they do, explain why equivalent pc releases are half the price of console games on release? Because pc software has the highest piracy rate of any system. Me thinks your just quoting something you read on teh internets?

1.51 is now out boys and girls.

new jungle flasher too

JungleFlasher 0.1.51 for iXtreme v1.51
    =======================================

We have probably added or changed alot more but this is what we could remember.

Full Hitachi Support
    ---------------------------------------
    - Added portIO communications for those with via drivers
    - Still requires mode-b but drivers aren't needed anymore or drive letter in windows for drive
    - Win API mode for all options if you dont want to use portIO ( fast as hell )
    - Restore firmware = will do just that, as safely as possible
    - All previous f/w's have been considered, so restore is as safe as we can make it
    - Once drive is restored can be modified to ix 1.51
    - Flash iXtreme.. auto-dump/auto-save/auto-add-ixtreme/auto-compare/auto-flash (need to have stock or restored fw first)
    - Functions addde to Spoof, change Key, set checksum
    - Free flash option is available for advance users which lets you do what you like ( warnings in place )
    - Drive refresh includes "Scan for Hardware Changes" to find new hitachi's in windows
    - Remove button to remove hitachi safely from windows.
    - Auto-detect of hitachi rev from Inquiry..
    - 79 unlock option works in PortIO and Win API mode

Introducing Modder Mode
    ** Warning ** this is heavily automated ( know what you're doing )

- For the modders, this mode is highly automated
    - Ctrl + F5, to set your backup directory
    - Ctrl + f7, to reset/refresh JF, save log and start a new sub-folder in backup folder
    - All save and open dialogs start at this new working folder
    - Auto-save of non-existing files
    - Sammy & Benq.. unlock/auto-device-id/auto-dump/auto-save/auto-add-ixtreme/auto-spoof/auto-flash
    - Lite-on.. dvdkey/auto-save/auto-add-ixtreme/auto-spoof then after l-o-erase/auto-flash

Advanced Ctrl F Keys
    - F5 key, set modder mode backup directory
    - F6 key, hitachi read block size 100 --> 2000 ( not safe for via users )
    - F7 key, reset/refresh JF if in modder mode save log and open a new sub-folder
    - F8 key, unlock hitachi free flash ( Warnings in place )

iXtreme DVDkey
    - Dont have to reopen or probe a modded lite-on to extract DVDkey
    - Similar to DVDkey32 but all over sata, dummy.bin is created
    - You need tray half open as usual
    - Routine also extracts iXtreme version for correct Identification
    - Dummy.bin only dump mode, means 3 less saves

Dummy.bin Serial repair
    - Where drive is missing laser and pcb barcodes
    - Can be read from barcodes on h/w
    - Double click the data window on serial tab in advanced view with dummy loaded.

General bug fixes and additions
    - .Net error on startup where no i/o ports present
    - Recognition of non-packet devices, ie HDD's, stops some hangs
    - Warning on status 0x72 flash, "Not Lite-On" was blocking Kreon f/w
    - Liteo-on and Benq read and write a bit faster

Miscellaneous
    - Auto-Load of iXtreme v1.51 based on type of f/w loaded to source buffer
    - Auto-Discover .Net version/downloader
    - Auto-Spoof of Auto-Loaded iXtreme, ready to flash

Thanks to all the testers, and everyone involved, for without your efforts this would not
    have been possible. Keep up the great work! Enjoy and many thanks from Team JungleFlasher

Nice find. I was only just downloading and reading through the 1.5 firmware package last night, too.

Is there a link for the new firmware?

dont think the mods would allow it posted on the forum

will pm you a link

dxx;4573005

Nice find. I was only just downloading and reading through the 1.5 … Nice find. I was only just downloading and reading through the 1.5 firmware package last night, too. Is there a link for the new firmware?

Go to Xbox-Scene.com - it's all there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1527
      2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1327
      3. word association Game73944523
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow44

See more discussions