Imported PS3 Asia Region Free Questions

Was looking for buy one of these from

games-asia.com/pla…GBP

Just wondering.

1. The power cable will be the only thing I need to change as its 220v ie new plug on system for it to work.?

2. When I use on PS network will it work with UK address (for registrion) ok.

3. Will I be able to play with UK friends, or be forced to login Japanese network.

4. Will there be problems with WIFI channeling, as less channels in japanese spetrum.

5. Anyone bought from here, good or bad..?

Thanks you all.... sweet

12 Comments

Original Poster

anyone...>? please

Whats your reason for going for the JAP one?

The only problem i can see is with blu-rays. As jap is now same region as american

Original Poster

Titchimp;2473851

Whats your reason for going for the JAP one? The only problem i can see … Whats your reason for going for the JAP one? The only problem i can see is with blu-rays. As jap is now same region as american

Thank, well it cheaper than UK ones, can get different colors.
I would buy american bluerays, they are also cheaper.
Just want to know if question abov.... just

Original Poster

Rep for anyone that helps to answer these...

1. Yep, just use a UK kettle lead

2. Yep, you can set up multiple accounts (I've got UK, US and HK on my UK PS3).

3. I believe its the game that determins this, so if you have a UK game, you'll be fine..

4. Don't know, but wouldn't have thought so

5. Never bought from there, so can't comment.

Just be careful that you'll have no warranty, and if you have any problems you'll have to send it back to Japan or HK (at your cost) to be fixed

Thats cool. But remember you will get charged at least 17.5% ontop of the £263 the console is selling for on the site.

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2473890

1. Yep, just use a UK kettle lead2. Yep, you can set up multiple accounts … 1. Yep, just use a UK kettle lead2. Yep, you can set up multiple accounts (I've got UK, US and HK on my UK PS3).3. I believe its the game that determins this, so if you have a UK game, you'll be fine..4. Don't know, but wouldn't have thought so5. Never bought from there, so can't comment. Just be careful that you'll have no warranty, and if you have any problems you'll have to send it back to Japan or HK (at your cost) to be fixed

Thanks REP added...!
on 3 thanks Unhappy on 3, so will still HAVE to buy UK game for UK friends (or start up a JAP HOT DEALS website to meet new persons)

And also ya may be charged for import duty and VAT at 17.5%..which could hike the cost of the PS3 more...I would honestly just buy a UK model.

Original Poster

Thanks GerryG REP given

Original Poster

So if I buy from asia. say
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Playstation 3-PS3 Europe(Region Free)

As loong as says Europe I should be able to play with my friends..?

Why not get a new UK one for £280? shopto are out of stock at the minute, the next best deal is from play with gt prologue for £290
]http//ww…593

Banned

kobirulali;2478741

Why not get a new UK one for £280? shopto are out of stock at the minute, … Why not get a new UK one for £280? shopto are out of stock at the minute, the next best deal is from play with gt prologue for £290http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/5320441/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3-Console-with-40GB-HDD-+-Gran-Turismo-5-Prologue/Product.html?dpr=2723&source=9593

yeah, why not just pay £17 extra for the UK model. You'll make that back when you come to sell it as jap ones have a far lower resale value?

Not to mention the lack of warranty and the chance of getting stung by import duty and VAT which will add about £80 to the price :w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846084
    2. What an absolute disgrace2149
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1313
    4. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1618

See more discussions