Importing a Korean phone (LG V30)

Edited by:"l0islane"Found 1st Nov 2017

I’m considering buying the LG V30 from WondaMobile as it’s the only place I can get the Lavender version (yes, I know it’s daft, but I want a pretty phone!). Does anyone know what limitations a phone from Korea will have in the UK? They’ve told me that wireless charging won’t work and that there will be 4 Korean LG Apps that I won’t be able to uninstall, but is there anything else I’m unaware of? I travel a lot and use my phone in the US and Australia, I’m concerned I might experience problems roaming? (I’m on Three Network in the UK and use ‘Feel at Home’). Will I be able to use any standard USB-C charger with it or will there be voltage issues?

This is the link to the full spec…tml

Really appreciate any advice anyone can offer.

Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
You need to look at the network bands the phone can do and see if they correspond to what you would use when in the US etc. I bought a V20 a few months ago from China and it works with all the bands EE use over here, but the signal I get it absolutely abysmal, no idea if it's the specific phone or what.
If you verified that it has the bands 3 use in the UK, it will work on 3 roaming abroad as the bands in the US or Australia have to be compatible with the 3 UK ones for you to roam in those countries on that network.

As for the charger... My sister got a Taiwanese model and charged it fine with her own chargers so I don't think there are issues with that.
I have an American Motorola E 2nd Gen and I don't have issues charging it with a UK charger.
Just buy a phone with a lavender case.
USB is a universal standard (that's what the U is for in fact), there aren't any regional variations there.
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants