Expired

Importing golf clubs, bargains to be had or not?

Found 11th Feb 2007
Not really sure where to post this (so I do apologise) but Im sure the HotUKDeals community will be able to help.

Has anyone out there recently imported a club, or set of golf clubs from the US?

With the exchange rate being so good, there are some fantastic bargains to be had, BUT how much is Import duty, tax/vat or other fees? I believe it's 2.7% duty and the normal VAT on the price paid? :thinking:

Does anyone know, or can maybe offer me some help?

The customs & excise website is a mare.

4 Comments

yep 17.5% vat plus duty, plus I think carriers like fed ex add an extra charge for themselves for the curteousy of phoning you and getting your hard earned dough - was about £12 last time I imported.

Original Poster

I've been looking on eBay and most of the guys on there are selling drivers and set of irons at reduced prices, BUT after a spot of research I was able to see that they were actually buying clubs from the states first and selling them on at twice the price.

Looked at a few US sellers and the prices are fantastic - just a bit concerned about all the hassle of import duty and hidden charges etc...

BUT when a set of irons is going for £200 (UK price £500) and as an example a Taylormade R7 425 driver for about £80 (UK price £200) it's seems like a great way to purchase a superb set of clubs. :thumbsup:

Maybe even make a bit of money too ;-)
lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ps4 pro or xbox one x1010
    2. Gift Idea for a new mum (i'm terrible at gifts)22
    3. Cost effective damp proof laminate underlay58
    4. Ps4 pro or Xbox one x39

See more discussions