Importing large heavy electrical items from the US

Posted 8th Oct
anyone got any advice for me?

I want to import a large electric fireplace TV stand from the us (as nobody here seems to sell it)

can anyone suggest a reasonable method of shipping and any advice on import fees, transformer required etc?

thanks
Community Updates
Buying From Abroad
5 Comments
Expect a large customs bill. Duty plus VAT and courier admin fee.
Will need a transformer and still might not work
Whatever you do it's not going to be cheap. I'd imagine that a large heavy item is much more likely to get hit for customs than say a small padded envelope that might slip through. With the duty, possible courier fee, and the cost of shipping itself it could get quite expensive. Have you got a link to the item you are looking at?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 8th Oct
Haircut_10008/10/2019 09:11

Whatever you do it's not going to be cheap. I'd imagine that a large heavy …Whatever you do it's not going to be cheap. I'd imagine that a large heavy item is much more likely to get hit for customs than say a small padded envelope that might slip through. With the duty, possible courier fee, and the cost of shipping itself it could get quite expensive. Have you got a link to the item you are looking at?

This is the item

totallyfurniture.com/70-…8bl

A smaller version can be had in the uk but I really wanted this width for my space as it would be perfect..

Sounds like it will be an expensive endeavour though so maybe I should just get the smaller one from here

furniture123.co.uk/p/b…828
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants