Groups

Impression Clay

Hi

Does anyone know what clay is best to use to create baby hand/foot inprints on clay?? I believe it will be cheaper to do it this way than the actual kits.

Thanks

5 Comments

You could use putty (the stuff used on window frames)

my daughter wouldnt put her hand in it..screamed and i ended up with a smudge as i had set! In the end i put paint on her hand and foot and pressed it on paper..she was much calmer and could make lots of mistakes.

Banned

i used a ink pad on a canvas and got great results, i found it much easier and cleaner than paint

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/stephanie_clark18_photos/SDC10351.jpg[/IMG]

my 1 month old (at the time) and 4 year old's footprints

Original Poster

student_mummy;5170138

i used a ink pad on a canvas and got great results, i found it much … i used a ink pad on a canvas and got great results, i found it much easier and cleaner than paint [/IMG]my 1 month old (at the time) and 4 year old's footprints

Thanks 4 that. I'm lookin to nephews impressions and this is a really great idea as I can't find impression clay - or what clay is in the kits.

i bought some standard plaster from hobby craft for around £2.50,
    i got some of the kids playdough, got a load together, and pushed their hands into it, then one their hands were out, i filled it with the plaster mix, when it had dried (approx 48 hours) i removed the playdough then coloured the plaster in with a paint pen for £1 in asda, then put the hands in a frame thing and poured plaster around to hold the imprints in place!
    alot of faffing about, but a brilliant result, we done this for grandparents xmas presents
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1315
      2. What would be a Mario Kart type game for the PS4?33
      3. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      4. Biscuit addiction1231

See more discussions