in a pickle over debit or credit card

please help someone who knows about banking.when paying for flights today the only options to pay were mastercard, visa or american express.i only have a hsbc maestro debit card which was no good but my girlfreind has a visa debit card so we used that the website told us there is a prob with the transaction and while its sorted the tickets are held for 2 days.the thing is she has no money in that account is it not like a credit card what she has? we thought that cos it was a visa it would be ok for now then transfer funds into the account in few days,sry its so long. any help appreciated

10 Comments

Banned

transfer funds into her account from yours ...its instant

sounds like its being checked....

debit card is an instant account withdrawal.......

credit card payments are an agreed overdraft on a card

Original Poster

thanks guys.anyone know how long to get my money from hsbc into her barclay account?i thought only way it was instant was if you are in same bank

stainy127;5404339

thanks guys.anyone know how long to get my money from hsbc into her … thanks guys.anyone know how long to get my money from hsbc into her barclay account?i thought only way it was instant was if you are in same bank

Just asked hubby who works for HSBC he says 'could be 2 days could be 2 hours'

Sorry mate

Banned

stainy127;5404339

thanks guys.anyone know how long to get my money from hsbc into her … thanks guys.anyone know how long to get my money from hsbc into her barclay account?i thought only way it was instant was if you are in same bank

hsbc is part of the faster banking scheme it will be pretty much instant to any bank

Original Poster

thanks for helping jenny if its not brill news lol

best way is to draw the cash out from your account and go pay the cash in to her account that way it is available right away on her account

Original Poster

thanks guys just done online transfer it said on the page within 2 hours.thnk you all for taking time to help bonus points to caspar i think

Banned

another inherent problem in this country

you have no idea what the difference between credit cards and debit cards?

how the hell did you get either in the first place

Banned

jennybubbles;5404353

Just asked hubby who works for HSBC he says 'could be 2 days could be 2 … Just asked hubby who works for HSBC he says 'could be 2 days could be 2 hours'Sorry mate

tell your hubby hes sacked if he doesnt knoiw the basic of infomation about the company he works for....:w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    2. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    3. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1214

See more discussions