Expired

in car video recorder charging cable

6 replies
Found 2nd Dec 2014
i bought an in car video recorder some months ago. the in car charger broke on me, but was awesome as the length enabled me to hide it all away. ive bought a cheap one from china but the length was totally wrong. i have looked high and low for a replacement but cannot find one anywhere. the cable has the same end as a ps3 controller charger. if anyone knows where i can get one please let me know... 3m in length or longer.

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

1. Ask
  2. Car
  3. PVR
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Car
  3. PVR
6 Comments

amazoooooooon

Original Poster

got a link?

PS3 controller cable is called a USB A to mini B. It's really then just a case of ordering the relevant cable as cheaply as possible. To be honest I'm surprised you wouldn't have a few at home, I have loads of the things from various devices over the last few years.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…new

Above is what you want but I'd guarantee there are cheaper places offering the same cable about.
Edited by: "Astec123" 2nd Dec 2014

Original Poster

diamond thanks for that!

5m might be too long, 2m might suit you better - less cable flapping around in the car
you can probably also get it cheaper on eBay

search PS3 cable and also usb mini b
e.g. ebay.co.uk/itm…542

my camera and my car bluetooth also use this connection. a bit annoying as they're the last 2 devices in my life that do. having everything else as micro USB really helps!

Original Poster

DennisG

5m might be too long, 2m might suit you better - less cable flapping … 5m might be too long, 2m might suit you better - less cable flapping around in the caryou can probably also get it cheaper on eBaysearch PS3 cable and also usb mini be.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-2-0-Data-Cable-Lead-A-Plug-Mini-B-Type-For-Mobile-Phone-Nokia-and-PS3-2m-/251173162542my camera and my car bluetooth also use this connection. a bit annoying as they're the last 2 devices in my life that do. having everything else as micro USB really helps!

thanks for your help. i hide all cables in the car anyways so would rather have longer rather than shorter.
appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711606
    2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would35145
    3. UBER can be a waste of money1223
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769252

See more discussions